Sony is abandoning the PS Vita stores...

mvpeast

Certain vita games can’t be bought from the stores anymore. Like Panstu hunter in NA, I Am The Hero in AS, etc.

You can still search it on google but can’t add the game to cart anymore and the “new store” shows blank for that game.

“Old Store”

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1675-PCSE01417_00-SYPSVPANTSUHUNTE?scope=sceapp&PlatformPrivacyWs1=exempt&psappver=18.05.0&smcid=psapp%3Alink menu%3Astore&code=xl2032&state=returning&cid=11675bfa-2796-43ec-94ed-73546c858e10

“New Store”

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/EP1661-PCSB01385_00-G000000000001295

3 minutes ago, Wavergray said:

Yeah, they announced it a few weeks ago. PS3 and PSvita games will no longer be available on the web store. You can only buy vita games through the vita store that's in the vita hardware.

Can’t find certain games on the “in game store”. It’s a total mess over there...

I’m just rushing as many vita games as possible before it gets even worse.

Edited by mvpeast

34 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

What comes up when you search for those games on the actual Vita in the Vita store?

Nothing comes up when I search for those games in the vita store. Digital games are being removed.

8 minutes ago, Pottercito_ said:

Hope ps stores don't get removed from vita and ps3's systems. Or what do you think?

Vita store may get removed eventually unfortunately.. Just like online servers shutting down for games. I think Sony may shut down vita stores in a few years.

Edited by mvpeast

Honestly, I would at this point just get a memory card and back up all your digital games to it then transfer this to a laptop using the PS Vita "Content Manager" application. 

Or alternatively buy your games physically now whilst they are reasonably priced for the most part. 

I love this damn console sad to see it going the way it is. :(

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Wavergray said:

I Am The Hero shows up in the na store.
Panstu hunter does not, but apparently it was never in the na vita store from the start.

Actually they both are on the old US store atleast I found them, Most Ratlaikia games are cross buy, I am the Hero is on sale right now 60% off and it’s cross but so buy the PS4 if you can’t find the vita version. Pantsu hunter is on the PS4 and vita, but isn’t cross buy so you have to buy it twice, the PS4 version is also on sale, along with many other ratlaikia games, but if anyone knows of digital only games not on the vita store like the EU versions of Utawaremu please post want you can. 

Edited by Carbon_Lancer
  • Like 1

So sad, watching the Vita die when she doesnt deserve it.

And there was no notification on PSN to tell People about the shutdown.

I had about 30 games on my wishlist (it's also gone) for ps vita - i cant find them anymore.
I just bought a new import-vita (the lime green one from Japan) because my old one broke - seems like this was a stupid idea.

There -are- games in the vita store, but they are never on sale. And I am not willing to pay full prize for old games.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Belphega2208 said:

So sad, watching the Vita die when she doesnt deserve it.

And there was no notification on PSN to tell People about the shutdown.

I had about 30 games on my wishlist (it's also gone) for ps vita - i cant find them anymore.
I just bought a new import-vita (the lime green one from Japan) because my old one broke - seems like this was a stupid idea.

There -are- games in the vita store, but they are never on sale. And I am not willing to pay full prize for old games.

Yeah Sony is giving up on vita. It’s unfortunate but nothing we can do about it. Digital contents don’t last forever. It’s only up to the company if they want to delete them or not.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

You can still buy content from the old store ..

I just tested it on Pantsu Hunter US Vita and it worked fine with adding the game to the cart :)

I tried to do it but it won’t let me add to the cart. Let me try again..

32 minutes ago, jayboo1991 said:

You can still buy content from the old store ..

I just tested it on Pantsu Hunter US Vita and it worked fine with adding the game to the cart :)

The old website was not working for a couple of days. I just purchased all 6 stacks of pantsu hunter. Thanks for the help.

On 8/11/2020 at 3:43 AM, mvpeast said:

Certain vita games can’t be bought from the stores anymore. Like Panstu hunter in NA, I Am The Hero in AS, etc.

You can still search it on google but can’t add the game to cart anymore and the “new store” shows blank for that game.

“Old Store”

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP1675-PCSE01417_00-SYPSVPANTSUHUNTE?scope=sceapp&PlatformPrivacyWs1=exempt&psappver=18.05.0&smcid=psapp%3Alink menu%3Astore&code=xl2032&state=returning&cid=11675bfa-2796-43ec-94ed-73546c858e10

“New Store”

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/EP1661-PCSB01385_00-G000000000001295

You're not supposed to buy Vita games from the New Store.

It was bound to happen eventually. I would have liked it done with a bit more forethought, but what are you gonna do at this point?

On 11/9/2020 at 8:34 AM, Lance_87 said:

You're not supposed to buy Vita games from the New Store.

Which is why you'll use the link to buy them from the old store. Small handful of people have confirmed that it still works with few hitches.