The Prestige Trophy Has Been Replaced

Nitroman65

Hey guys usually I don't post topics but this caught my eye, Just pre-load D2 Beyond Light(games is still in maintenance) Hold the :ps: for quick menu to see if they add trophy for beyond light(doesn't look like it) but saw this:

x9k8l15.jpg

They replace completing Leviathan on Prestige Difficulty with Nightfall Strike on Grandmaster difficulty.

siND5ml.jpg

Look like when I go on trophies it still has the same text but when the game comes out tomorrow it will be replaced.

Thoughts??

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, SirShavesALot said:

So is it safe to assume that Bungie is done adding trophies to Destiny 2 from now on?  Asking for a friend...  ;) 

During Shadowkeep one of the Community Managers confirmed they were focusing on in-game triumphs and thus no trophies for SK. I assume the same applies here. Good news for people that no longer play and want to retain 100%, bad news for people that still play, and want more trophies. 

Edited by PortaLuna
  • Like 3

In a Flash has also been changed. Old description is "Complete a Flashpoint on Earth, Titan, Nessus, or Io."

Now it says "Complete 5 Heroic Public Events"

Edit: I actually think the Prestige might be harder to get now.  You could always do Prestige Leviathan at a decently low power due to the fact that it was an activity from early in the games lifespan.  Grandmaster Nightfalls however will require essentially max power as well as good mods, weapons and teammates.

Edited by SonneeD
more info
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, SonneeD said:

I actually think the Prestige might be harder to get now.  You could always do Prestige Leviathan at a decently low power due to the fact that it was an activity from early in the games lifespan.  Grandmaster Nightfalls however will require essentially max power as well as good mods, weapons and teammates.

Strongly disagree here.

Nightfall (regardless of the level of difficulty) requires 3 decent players with at least 1 or 2 with decent stuff but there are barely no mechanics involved in strikes/nightfall.

So it's imo much easier to do this than Prestige Leviathan, which on top of being on of the worst raid ever with counterintuitive/clunky mechanics requires a full team of 6 very good coordinated players.

Light level is irrelevant because it's capped out at "activity light level" + 10.

So you might be 1360 light and still get wrecked in Prestige Leviathan because in reality you're capped at "activity light level" + 10.

I dont't remember what it is for Leviathan maybe 750? So capped at 760, and adds pack a punch there.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Okoteiru said:

Strongly disagree here.

Nightfall (regardless of the level of difficulty) requires 3 decent players with at least 1 or 2 with decent stuff but there are barely no mechanics involved in strikes/nightfall.

So it's imo much easier to do this than Prestige Leviathan, which on top of being on of the worst raid ever with counterintuitive/clunky mechanics requires a full team of 6 very good coordinated players.

Light level is irrelevant because it's capped out at "activity light level" + 10.

So you might be 1360 light and still get wrecked in Prestige Leviathan because in reality you're capped at "activity light level" + 10.

I dont't remember what it is for Leviathan maybe 750? So capped at 760, and adds pack a punch there.

I think you're underestimating the difficulty of GM Nightfalls and overestimating the difficulty of Prestige levi. 

You need to keep in mind that GM Nightfalls have a lot of brutal modifiers active that increase incoming damage, lock loadouts and more. Not to mention the fact that the recommended light level is higher than the seasons cap (ignoring the artifact bonus). Just because there aren't more complicated mechanics like in a raid doesn't mean that you don't need highly skilled players.

Raids are simple once you understand the mechanics, even on prestige, and can be completed with average skills as long as you can coordinate with your team. Also, what exactly is counterintuitive/clunky about leviathan? You could maybe make a case for the void room in the calus fight being a little clunky, but everything else works completely fine.

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, SonneeD said:

I think you're underestimating the difficulty of GM Nightfalls and overestimating the difficulty of Prestige levi. 

You need to keep in mind that GM Nightfalls have a lot of brutal modifiers active that increase incoming damage, lock loadouts and more. Not to mention the fact that the recommended light level is higher than the seasons cap (ignoring the artifact bonus). Just because there aren't more complicated mechanics like in a raid doesn't mean that you don't need highly skilled players.

Raids are simple once you understand the mechanics, even on prestige, and can be completed with average skills as long as you can coordinate with your team. Also, what exactly is counterintuitive/clunky about leviathan? You could maybe make a case for the void room in the calus fight being a little clunky, but everything else works completely fine.

Completely agree with u here , I been playing this game 8 weeks long nonstop have 300 hours and I reached level 1065 , my bf level 1071 meaning we couldn't start grandmaster nightfall , we played it on the second easiest difficulty which was already brutal and keep in mind u dnt have matchmaking on grandmaster difficulty plus the modifiers and as far I know the enemies are scaled way above ur level . Meaning even to start the activity u need to put a insane amount of time into farming pinnacle gear and playing destiny then u need find 2 other insanely good players and manage the nightfall . 

In comparison I runned 3 raids only last week . The first time levi on prestige was hard cuz u needed figure out mechanics but the second time we managed fine and fast cuz we had the tactics down , u dnt need insanely high power level or gear , we actually carried a player through being new players ourself . Only thing that takes little more time is calus but we actually managed him without dying once and needed two phase him . So I think u confusing a little bit things here ? 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Okoteiru said:

Strongly disagree here.

Grandmaster Nightfall is VERY different from a Nightfall. This season the Light soft cap was 1050, GM's couldn't even be started till 1075, with 1100 light and a mile long list of modifiers.

And you mentioned the cap a couple times but even playing 16 hours a day, most people won't even come close to the GM cap.

Prestige Leviathan is difficult in the sense of coordination, sure. But Grandmasters are built to be the most difficult content in the game. And they are.

Edited by KingGuy420
  • Like 2

If I'm not mistaken the grandmaster nightfall was introduced fairly recently, so we're not sure if level cap / gap to play it are gonna stay the way there this season.

It might be easier to go over the grandmaster level cap making the task less daunting, thus less grind etc.

Some people solo grandmaster nightfalls in matter of minutes (yes they're top players but it means it's also doable), some strikes/nf can be cheesed, so I'm really tempted to think it's really less complicated than a full 6 people raid with coordination mechanics.

It's all a matter of perspective here, if you're a raid addict with a good dedicated team of course prestige leviathan is cakewalk, if you don't then nf might be a way better option. Time will tell.

I found Leviathan based raids to be fairly clunky in mechanics, circus encounter, final encounter, the whole Spire of Stars and the whole Crown of Sorrow but that's just my personnal opinion.

Edited by Okoteiru
added details

This will certainly make it harder than Prestige Levi.

Last season, Season of Arrivals, the gear cap was 1060, with a soft cap of 1050. GM Nightfalls were light level 1100. This meant you had to get 40-50 levels on the seasonal artifact in order to stand a chance, depending on your luck with Powerful and Pinnacle rewards (the ones that take you from the soft cap to the real cap).

I played for 380 hours, doing pretty much every weekly bounty in the Tower, and got to 1052 light with 24 levels on the seasonal artifact, for a total of 1076. I was just in the threshold for playing the GM, but I was nowhere near strong enough to deal with enemies efficiently, let alone Champions. Combine that with locked loadouts and extra handicaps, and even Lake of Shadows was impossible for me and my team.

By contrast, Levi was just mostly mechanics, and with the recommended light level being 750 for both normal and prestige, pretty much any raid team with 2 or 3 well geared sherpas could make it through in an evening. The only problems where bugs, especially on Calus.

Also, GM Nightfalls are only available on the last 3 weeks of a season, so if you miss your chance you've to wait 3 months for your next chance. AND you'll have to grind all the way back to the new light cap in order to access them.

So yeah, good luck new owners. I'm so done with this franchise...

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, EMShotgun123 said:

Also, GM Nightfalls are only available on the last 3 weeks of a season, so if you miss your chance you've to wait 3 months for your next chance.

I think it's 6 weeks. If the season goes right (which arrivals didn't) I think it's 6 weeks on 6 weeks off.

Each season has 6 nightfalls. First they run without GM. Then they run with GM. Then the next season is just about ready to start and the cycle starts over.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sakura_p789cs said:

sakura_p789cs-1604993877.jpg

well

Just out of curiosity: do you happen to know where that screenshot you posted comes from? Is that a tool you can download somewhere, or is it only available to the inner circle of Destiny dataminers and no mere mortal can wield such power?

Thank you.