The Prestige Trophy Has Been Replaced

Nitroman65

25 minutes ago, Okoteiru said:

One of the easiest Nightfall I can think of would be Lake of Shadows, if you're doing this carefully it shouldn't cause too much trouble.

Is Lake of Shadows even one of the 6 this season? I'm not jumping on to find out but it was last season so it probably won't be again.

Level needed for GM nightfall this season is 1300 , cap this season being at 1260 since its no problem and easier good luck for u guys.  Im happy I did raid and find it way easier finished off 2 times prestige leviathan only last week and last wish and the normal leviathan . Its not hard its only learning mechanic and u good , I seen multiple ppl carrying and getting carried through raid . Many ppl who got the plat said they got carried through and never even reached power level 1000 which is now impossible to do . I'm happy I did raid and I find raids not that hard . But thats me 

On 10/11/2020 at 5:10 PM, SonneeD said:

In a Flash has also been changed. Old description is "Complete a Flashpoint on Earth, Titan, Nessus, or Io."

Now it says "Complete 5 Heroic Public Events"

Edit: I actually think the Prestige might be harder to get now.  You could always do Prestige Leviathan at a decently low power due to the fact that it was an activity from early in the games lifespan.  Grandmaster Nightfalls however will require essentially max power as well as good mods, weapons and teammates.

Yeah agree, that is much harder the prestige Levi, you will need to be well over the soft cap of 1260 with all the right mods and weapons and with 2 other players at a similar level.

Take a fair time to grind up that level too from 1050. Especially once you hit the soft cap and need pinnacle gear to get up too 1300.

The in a flash point trophy is however much much easier, can do it in one day, vs 4 weeks or more depending on rotation

Very happy I committed to doing the prestige with Levi and platinuming the game before beyond light now. But on the bright side at least the platinum is still attainable. Good work Bungie for at least changing it straight away.

Edited by SlipingJimmy

2 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

Is Lake of Shadows even one of the 6 this season? I'm not jumping on to find out but it was last season so it probably won't be again.

I'm not sure what's the strikes/nf pool look like now they've removed many destinations but I wouldnt be surprised if it came back.

They haven't said much about grandmaster this season AFAIK

good luck to anyone playing the new season.

35 minutes ago, GarryKE said:

Is there any queueing system for this so you don't have to find the people for it?

There is no matchmaking on any level higher than Hero (at least I think that's what it's called) - Essentially, Easiest & Easy have matchmaking, anything above doesn't.

4 hours ago, KingGuy420 said:

There's only like 6 strikes left after the vaulting of IO, Titan, Mercury & Mars, so probably! ;) 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, littleprincessJJ said:

I invested 270 hours last season in destiny 2 and was a level 1065 so I didnt reach the level I need to enter grandmaster nightfall . I don't think u understand what we been saying over 2 pages now that u need to grind a insane amount to even be able to enter the activity so thinking its as easy as starting it and getting carried through its not . Like stated many times u will need to invest a lot of time to get to that point in one season meaning 3 months and then u need go finish it in that same season cuz u get resetted and power level increases every season . 

No rainbow six siege pretty much changed the entire trophy list , destiny changed trophy list before so thats the second time already for them . It can happen that they change it but that's good cuz they mean they care about trophies atleast 

Yeah I know everyone is telling me to not do it.(Thanks for that) But I have  a plan I'm gonna get in a  flash, the life exotic, challenge completed and then lest ye be judged.Afterwards, I'm gonna play the game with my best friend and I'll slowly work towards the Nightfall strike on master and gm.Also, someone found an exploit so I'm probably gonna do that if i have time.

The exploit that will take you 2 hours max to get to 1200

BTW how do you embed links I forgot?

1 hour ago, mumik08 said:

Yeah I know everyone is telling me to not do it.(Thanks for that) But I have  a plan I'm gonna get in a  flash, the life exotic, challenge completed and then lest ye be judged.Afterwards, I'm gonna play the game with my best friend and I'll slowly work towards the Nightfall strike on master and gm.Also, someone found an exploit so I'm probably gonna do that if i have time.

The exploit that will take you 2 hours max to get to 1200

BTW how do you embed links I forgot?

U can do that but u still need to get to level 1300 to start the Gm nightfall not just 1200 and u get resetted every new season again .  But I wish u good luck ? 

3 minutes ago, littleprincessJJ said:

U can do that but u still need to get to level 1300 to start the Gm nightfall not just 1200 and u get resetted every new season again .  But I wish u good luck ? 

Thanks, this platinum will probably take me 1-3 years as I will not be playing every day and only when my best friend is playing or wants to play it with me.I wish you good luck for Kingdom Hearts III  and Assasin's Creed Unity.BTW does anyone know how I will get to 1300.

BTW does anyone know how I will get to 1300.

Thats getting to 1300 this season (which is typically 3 months long). Next season it’ll be 1350 (or whatever the new requirement is) and you’ll effectively have to start over with grinding your character to the new, higher, level.

Given your previous comments my suggestion would be to just play the game. This isn’t something you’re going to bang out in a couple of days, weeks, or perhaps even months. You will need to understand the game and level mechanics, understand the modifiers applied to high level content, understand the seasonal levelling soft and hard cap mechanics (which increase each season), and commit to spending enough time playing the game (plan for 100’s of hours more than likely) and hopefully getting decent RNG luck with pinnacle rewards that you’ll be able to get to the required level for GM Nightfall within the season so you can access and attempt the content. Playing the game over a period of months will allow you to learn how all these things work.

Keep one thing in mind. You cannot even access the GM Nightfall until you reach the required level. Before that the game won’t let you in, so you can’t just have someone high enough bring you along. Also, there’s no matchmaking so you need to find two other players who are also at the correct level and with appropriate gear and skill to complete it.

If you aren’t sure if you want to spend a lot of time playing Destiny 2 over the next few months, this may not be the trophy for you. Basically, if you don’t really like the game, it’s going to suck.

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Swotam said:

Thats getting to 1300 this season (which is typically 3 months long). Next season it’ll be 1350 (or whatever the new requirement is) and you’ll effectively have to start over with grinding your character to the new, higher, level.

Given your previous comments my suggestion would be to just play the game. This isn’t something you’re going to bang out in a couple of days, weeks, or perhaps even months. You will need to understand the game and level mechanics, understand the modifiers applied to high level content, understand the seasonal levelling soft and hard cap mechanics (which increase each season), and commit to spending enough time playing the game (plan for 100’s of hours more than likely) and hopefully getting decent RNG luck with pinnacle rewards that you’ll be able to get to the required level for GM Nightfall within the season so you can access and attempt the content. Playing the game over a period of months will allow you to learn how all these things work.

Keep one thing in mind. You cannot even access the GM Nightfall until you reach the required level. Before that the game won’t let you in, so you can’t just have someone high enough bring you along. Also, there’s no matchmaking so you need to find two other players who are also at the correct level and with appropriate gear and skill to complete it.

If you aren’t sure if you want to spend a lot of time playing Destiny 2 over the next few months, this may not be the trophy for you. Basically, if you don’t really like the game, it’s going to suck.

Thanks for the info.I do like Destiny 2 so I'll probably get it over the course of 1-3 years.I know I've said this many times but thanks everybody for the info.Sure Destiny 2 isn't my favorite game but it's on my top 5, so I'm pretty sure I'll play it a lot and if I'm playing with a friend it should be more fun.BTW I never knew this but how much power did you need to enter the leviathan raid on prestige and normal.Anyways, that's all for me.

5 hours ago, mumik08 said:

Thanks for the info.I do like Destiny 2 so I'll probably get it over the course of 1-3 years.I know I've said this many times but thanks everybody for the info.Sure Destiny 2 isn't my favorite game but it's on my top 5, so I'm pretty sure I'll play it a lot and if I'm playing with a friend it should be more fun.BTW I never knew this but how much power did you need to enter the leviathan raid on prestige and normal.Anyways, that's all for me.

Leviathan was 750 light and same with prestige. It's the level people started at once Forsaken came out. I carried a few people thru when they just started the game a week prior. I've been playing Destiny for years and never entered a GM nightfall, mainly because the hardest content isn't always my aim. It's moreso just to play with friends and help the community when I can.

Edited by NomadDragon

13 minutes ago, NomadDragon said:

Leviathan was 750 light and same with prestige. It's the level people started at once Forsaken came out. I carried a few people thru when they just started the game a week prior. I've been playing Destiny for years and never entered a GM nightfall, mainly because the hardest content isn't always my aim. It's moreso just to play with friends and help the community when I can.

Wow it's that hard.I know a lot of people keep on telling me how long it will take but for someone who has played for years and hasen't done it yet, just wow.But I guess it's not a problem since I plan on playing a lot of destiny 2 with my best frien when he buys a ps5.So yeah and today I played for 1h30m and i started at 1050 and now I'm 1063.So I think that's a good start but YES I know I will have to grind for about 200-350 hours but like I said I will get this during a span of 1-3 years until I become very good because from what I've heard this GM is really hard but bot going to rush into it so I don't get bored and give up.So I know I said this a lot in this forum thread but thanks everyone for the info.Hope you get the platinums or whatever you're doing (Unless it's bad).

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 0:01 PM, Swotam said:

Along with this, GM NIghtfalls are disabled until the last 6(?) weeks of a season so you can't enter it currently even if you were high enough level.

On 10/11/2020 at 3:13 PM, l33sar54 said:

Just out of curiosity: do you happen to know where that screenshot you posted comes from? Is that a tool you can download somewhere, or is it only available to the inner circle of Destiny dataminers and no mere mortal can wield such power?

Thank you.

It’s from SteamDB, tracking steam achievement changes https://steamdb.info/app/1085660/history/?changeid=U:19619681

On 11/11/2020 at 4:06 AM, littleprincessJJ said:

Level needed for GM nightfall this season is 1300 , cap this season being at 1260 since its no problem and easier good luck for u guys.  Im happy I did raid and find it way easier finished off 2 times prestige leviathan only last week and last wish and the normal leviathan . Its not hard its only learning mechanic and u good , I seen multiple ppl carrying and getting carried through raid . Many ppl who got the plat said they got carried through and never even reached power level 1000 which is now impossible to do . I'm happy I did raid and I find raids not that hard . But thats me 

Well I played beyond light for 4 hours did at least 15 public events, one raid, Last call mission and the start of beyond light ann I'm power 1084 I started with 1050.You and a few other people were telling me it will take me 200-300 hours.I know it won't take me 50 hours but maximum 150 hours to do nightfall stike or does it get harder to get power as we increase our power level.In total I've played 8 hours.4 hours for shadowkeep and 4 hours for beyond light but obviously it only counts for 4 hours because everything was reset.How much power level do you need for night fall strike and master nightfall strike I know Grand Master is 1300 but I don't know the other 2.I also am not going for DLC trophies so yeah easier.

Edited by mumik08

26 minutes ago, mumik08 said:

Well I played beyond light for 4 hours did at least 15 public events, one raid, Last call mission and the start of beyond light ann I'm power 1084 I started with 1050.You and a few other people were telling me it will take me 200-300 hours.I know it won't take me 50 hours but maximum 150 hours to do nightfall stike or does it get harder to get power as we increase our power level.In total I've played 8 hours.4 hours for shadowkeep and 4 hours for beyond light but obviously it only counts for 4 hours because everything was reset.How much power level do you need for night fall strike and master nightfall strike I know Grand Master is 1300 but I don't know the other 2.I also am not going for DLC trophies so yeah easier.

Once you hit the soft cap (1200 I think?) those drops will start becoming less & less useful - At least in terms of power. Right now you'll be able to jump almost tens of levels at a time just from the odd blue bit of equipment, but once you hit that soft cap, you'll only be able to gain more power levels from powerful & pinnacle engrams & depending on which you get, you may only gain a level or two at a time to a particular bit of gear (your overall power level is an aggregate of everything you have equipped).

So yes, the 200-300 hours might not be the case to hit the season cap, but you will hit a plateau at some point & from there on it'll be a steady creep of power.

1 hour ago, Forrest_01 said:

Once you hit the soft cap (1200 I think?) those drops will start becoming less & less useful - At least in terms of power. Right now you'll be able to jump almost tens of levels at a time just from the odd blue bit of equipment, but once you hit that soft cap, you'll only be able to gain more power levels from powerful & pinnacle engrams & depending on which you get, you may only gain a level or two at a time to a particular bit of gear (your overall power level is an aggregate of everything you have equipped).

So yes, the 200-300 hours might not be the case to hit the season cap, but you will hit a plateau at some point & from there on it'll be a steady creep of power.

Oh well that was unexpected.I always heard soft cap not understanding what it meant I thought it was the maximum power level availible.But does anyone know what power level I have to be to enter Nightfall on normal and Nightfall on Master.Thanks for everything everyone.(I tried searching it but I didn't find anything)

Oh well that was unexpected.I always heard soft cap not understanding what it meant I thought it was the maximum power level availible.But does anyone know what power level I have to be to enter Nightfall on normal and Nightfall on Master.Thanks for everything everyone.(I tried searching it but I didn't find anything)

Normal is power 1180,hero - 1220, legend - 1250, and master -1280.