The Nioh Collection announced for PS5, launches next February (Nioh 2 3rd DLC Launches December 17, 2020)

Aranea Highwind

I just started Nioh (sitting at 9%) so I hope they share a trophy list. It makes sense they would since the saves transfer and only performance is being boosted. Some of the GOTY editions on PS4 with different lists had incompatible saves with things altered or coding changes requiring it even if they weren't but this is Team Ninja which optimizes well.

Glad I didn't buy the DLC or the Complete Edition when they were on sale recently since I wanted to check the game out first. Graphics don't bother me that much so I'll probably just finish on PS4 anyway.

• Like 1

I might be mistaken but don't all cross gen games have their own, separate PS5 list? Even those with cross-save? I even remember seeing a thread about it on here about it but I might be misremembering (I understand it doesn't make sense with cross-save games unless trophies just auto-pop which would be lame).

I'd totally be down to plat both games again though, they're that good.

I was gonna go all in on the Nioh 2 DLC's after I'm done with Demon's Souls but the improvements seem good enough that it might be worth waiting for the PS5 version, hmm, what to do.

7 hours ago, SliK6SiK said:

I just started Nioh (sitting at 9%) so I hope they share a trophy list. It makes sense they would since the saves transfer and only performance is being boosted. Some of the GOTY editions on PS4 with different lists had incompatible saves with things altered or coding changes requiring it even if they weren't but this is Team Ninja which optimizes well.

Glad I didn't buy the DLC or the Complete Edition when they were on sale recently since I wanted to check the game out first. Graphics don't bother me that much so I'll probably just finish on PS4 anyway.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it will most likely be a new list

• 3 weeks later...

On 21/11/2020 at 11:38 PM, Deluziion90 said:

Probably first time I'm counting down for a a Nioh DLC.

lvl 500 and grinded out dream of the wise. Feels like I'm actually prepared for a DLC this time :D

Got all my gear to +30 at level 450, halfway through 3rd region on DOTW. Can't believe I put over 200 hours into this game. I guess time flies..

Edited by JAK-KRIEG
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Nioh 2 director Fumihiko Yasuda explained that for Team Ninja the development of the Nioh series has come to an end after seven years, but there are multiple projects that will start full-scale development in 2021

https://twinfinite.net/2020/12/guilty-gear-strive-anji-mito-looks/

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TwilightSpira said:

noooo 1f62d.png does this means there’s no hope for Nioh 3? 

Why developers always end franchises like this. 

They already mentioned earlier this year, that they will rather make Ninja Gaiden 4 instead of Nioh 3

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Asimb0mb said:

Because it's better to end it early instead of milking it until it's past its expiration date. I commend any publisher/developer who has the balls to risk making a new IP instead of another "safe" game in a known series.

I love Nioh 1 and 2, best games of the generation for me, but I don't want to be talking about Nioh 5 in 10 years. It's time to move on imo.

Yeah I know, is just that like you I really loved those games. 

Well at least we’ll have the opportunity to replay those games with the ps5 version. 

Are you sure this isn't some kind of translation error or miscommunication. I checked 3 different articles and I can't find a direct quote of him saying "We are done with Nioh, no more games." I would rather have a Ninja Gaiden 4 but let's be honest, when has Team Ninja shown restraint when it comes to their IP's?

Edited by BestUsername----

9 hours ago, BestUsername---- said:

Are you sure this isn't some kind of translation error or miscommunication. I checked 3 different articles and I can't find a direct quote of him saying "We are done with Nioh, no more games." I would rather have a Ninja Gaiden 4 but let's be honest, when has Team Ninja shown restraint when it comes to their IP's?

I remember watching a documentary about Nioh 2's development in which the director pretty much said they were running out of ideas to make a worthwhile sequel to Nioh 2. This was back in March. Pretty safe to say Nioh won't be coming back this generation. If it does come back at some point, I expect it to be a reboot which changes major elements to the point where it's basically a different game altogether.

• Like 2

On 12/28/2020 at 9:29 AM, Asimb0mb said:

I really hope the trophies auto-pop, at least in Nioh 2. It would defeat the purpose of a free upgrade if we have to start all over again for the trophies.

I am on the other hand opposing auto-pops. It would make sense if two versions of a game are released at the same time and share save files. For Nioh 2, I would rather play it all over again. With that all said, I do think the trophies will auto pop though, if not for all trophies.

Yeah they will not make Nioh 3 because they are not making a profit on Nioh 2. Also given the fact that Nioh 1 took them so long to develop and nioh 2 is all based on the same graphics and structure, I would not be optimistic about the next game they develop. It might take another 6 to 10 years. I would rather play another Nioh 3. Do people really complain about playing the same game (/cough/cough fifa) every year?

Edited by YokA_sun

I'm wondering if the collection will count as a single game and have a trophy list that somehow features trophies for both games and one platinum for the collection or if it will be treated like two different games with two different trophy lists with Nioh 1 PS5 Version and Nioh 2 PS5 Version respectively. (with their own platinum trophies) Also I'm wondering - since I have the plat in Nioh 1 - if the trophies will all auto-pop when I load in my PS4 save... and if this would count as cheating on PSNP?

I haven't bought Nioh 2 yet since I always wanted to finish the Nioh 1 DLC first. (stuck at Date Masamune...) Since this has Cross Gen Save Transfer, I'll buy the collection and continue my Nioh 1 DLC journey on PS5 and then start with Nioh 2.

But trophywise, it would be weird if I'd then only get the DLC trophies for Nioh 1 on PS5 and not the main game ones xD So I hope the trophies from my PS4 saves will simply pop.

On 1/7/2021 at 9:37 AM, Sicho said:

I have the plat in Nioh 1 - if the trophies will all auto-pop when I load in my PS4 save... and if this would count as cheating on PSNP?

It's not considered cheating as other games have the same thing happen. Such as Destiny 2 which will result in the platinum to auto pop if you already got the platinum on the PS4 version (i plan on doing this soon as i got the platinum on the PS4).

3 hours ago, Aranea Highwind said:

It's not considered cheating as other games have the same thing happen. Such as Destiny 2 which will result in the platinum to auto pop if you already got the platinum on the PS4 version (i plan on doing this soon as i got the platinum on the PS4).

I just somehow cannot imagine that simply loading up my save in Nioh 1 Remastered will auto-pop every trophy. As an example, I can tell you that I played Worms Rumble on PS4 and then on PS5 and many trophies did pop very quickly because I already fullfilled the requirements on PS4 but they did not pop automatically.

For example a trophy for reaching a certain level only popped after the next time I had a level up, a trophy for playing 10 matches on a specific map only popped after I played that map again etc. So I think there might be things we will need to do in the game for it to check again if the trophy requirements are met.

Therefore I think that maybe we will need to use a hot spring again to pop the hot spring trophies, level up once again for the level 100 trophy and so on...

I guess time will tell.

There is a difference though between Worms and Nioh. Worms doesnt really have a save game transfer, it's more of an online profile on their servers.

Edited by Sicho

On 7-1-2021 at 2:37 PM, Sicho said:

I'm wondering if the collection will count as a single game and have a trophy list that somehow features trophies for both games and one platinum for the collection or if it will be treated like two different games with two different trophy lists with Nioh 1 PS5 Version and Nioh 2 PS5 Version respectively. (with their own platinum trophies) Also I'm wondering - since I have the plat in Nioh 1 - if the trophies will all auto-pop when I load in my PS4 save... and if this would count as cheating on PSNP?

I haven't bought Nioh 2 yet since I always wanted to finish the Nioh 1 DLC first. (stuck at Date Masamune...) Since this has Cross Gen Save Transfer, I'll buy the collection and continue my Nioh 1 DLC journey on PS5 and then start with Nioh 2.

But trophywise, it would be weird if I'd then only get the DLC trophies for Nioh 1 on PS5 and not the main game ones xD So I hope the trophies from my PS4 saves will simply pop.

It will be two separate lists. You can buy both games separately too.

• Like 1

No Nioh 3 is disappointing but understandable. I assume it's a combination of the game probably not performing as well as they hoped (please someone tell me I'm wrong) and of them achieving what they wanted to with Nioh 2, gameplay wise. And what he says of how they want to do/work on different things and at some point in the future use all that knowledge and experience gained to make Nioh 3 even better is pretty encouraging.

They also say they want to work on a PS5 game so I assume both Sony and Koei Tecmo are happy with how both Nioh 1 and 2 turned out, which again is a good sign if/when they return to Nioh.

• Like 1