Free PS5 upgrade confirmed for next year

GUDGER666

• 5 months later...

Looks amazing,4k/60fps with ray traycing?I did not expect that. Puts Remnant from the Ashes update 1080p/60fps without RT to shame....
Anyway,i was waiting for ps5 version and all dlcs to start this. I do wonder if it will get new trophy list.

Edited by yoszek
  • Like 2

• 1 month later...
On 5/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, yoszek said:

Looks amazing,4k/60fps with ray traycing?I did not expect that. Puts Remnant from the Ashes update 1080p/60fps without RT to shame....
Anyway,i was waiting for ps5 version and all dlcs to start this. I do wonder if it will get new trophy list.

it's not ray traced reflextions, just RT shadows. it's both a good and bad thing. it's good because the shadows will have more contrast, and will let you see more of the world around you, but bad.. because the game will lose some atmosphere. you won't get many really dark areas in the game.

10 minutes ago, Deluziion90 said:

Are the first 2 games locked 30fps on PS5 or 60fps? Would be great to finally pick up these games on PSN when this upgrade hits.

The REDUX remastered collection are 1080/60 on the PS4/PS5

On 5/11/2021 at 8:17 PM, yoszek said:

Puts Remnant from the Ashes update 1080p/60fps without RT to shame...

The difference here is that the Remnant update was a patch, simply unlocking the framerate whilst at the lower resolution. Metro has a native PS5 upgrade, utilising the full PS5 hardware capabilities and SSD speeds to allow the game to push much harder than a PS4 game running via BC. 

• Like 1