The Ultra Rare Cleanup 2021

2 hours ago, Baker said:

Can I ask for a bit more lenience on the one swap rule? 

I just don’t like it all ?. I’ll be stuck for months on TIER 1. I’m even considering dropping out of the event so I can play games I want, instead of games I have in TIER 1 I don’t want to play anytime soon but feel forced to play just to stay in this event.

Sorry, no can do. That would mean cancelling the work of everyone who stayed within that swap rule :) 

As @ExistentialSolid also said, there's no rule against prepping your game. You can enter with a 98% completed game, as long as the final trophy (OR even the platinum!!!) is an UR.

And ...what's the rush? The event ends on 31st of December xD it's still March! 

Also, being inactive is not a reason to be kicked out. You are removed only at your own request or if you cheated your games (if you are caught). Otherwise, you could complete games whenever you want :D 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Sorry, no can do. That would mean cancelling the work of everyone who stayed within that swap rule :) 

As @ExistentialSolid also said, there's no rule against prepping your game. You can enter with a 98% completed game, as long as the final trophy (OR even the platinum!!!) is an UR.

And ...what's the rush? The event ends on 31st of December xD it's still March! 

Also, being inactive is not a reason to be kicked out. You are removed only at your own request or if you cheated your games (if you are caught). Otherwise, you could complete games whenever you want :D 

Yeah I understand. I like the event because it’s set up by you, and Mori & Arcesius with whom I’ve been playing and conversating for a year now.

But here is the thing. I never plan games ahead which I’m going to play. I look at the games I own and whichever game I feel like playing, I’ll play. 

So when setting up TIER 1 I was really looking forward to play those games. But not anymore. Even though I’ll probably finish DMC 5 & KH III within the next, let’s say, 2 months. I don’t even know when or if I’ll start Shadow Warrior. For all I know it could be next year.

And the thing is I don’t like incompleted games on my profile. Yeah, I could leave one trophy unachieved, but that just isn’t for me.

So now I feel ‘forced’ to play games I actually don’t want to, and not play some other UR games I’m much more interested in that I already own, something like Ikaruga and others, because I keep postponing it to put in TIER 2, due to the structure of this event.

Kind of beats the purpose of this event for me, because it feels like a chore instead of fun. And fun always comes first to me in gaming.

I just want to swap in whatever game whenever.

But I respect the rules ofcourse so I’ll stay in the event, but it’s safe to say you can count me out. Or maybe an update in the summer or something ?.

Awesome event though, so good luck to everyone else ✌?

Edited by Baker
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Baker said:

Yeah I understand. I like the event because it’s set up by you, and Mori & Arcesius with whom I’ve playing and conversating for a year now.

But here is the thing. I never plan games ahead which I’m going to play. I look at the games I own and whichever game I feel like playing, I’ll play. 

So when setting up TIER 1 I was really looking forward to play those games. But not anymore. Even though I’ll probably finish DMC 5 & KH III within the next, let’s say, 2 months. I don’t even know when or if I’ll start Shadow Warrior. For all I know it could be next year.

And the thing is I don’t like incompleted games on my profile. Yeah, I could leave one trophy unachieved, but that just isn’t for me.

So now I feel ‘forced’ to play games I actually don’t want to, and not play some other UR games I’m much more interested that I already own, something like Ikaruga and others I own, because I keep postponing it to put in TIER 2, due to the structure of this event.

Kind of beats the purpose of this event for me, because it feels like a chore instead of fun. And fun always comes first to me in gaming.

I just want to swap in whatever game whenever.

But I respect the rules ofcourse so I’ll stay in the event, but it’s safe to say you can count me out. Or maybe an update in the summer or something 1f602.png.

Awesome event though, so good luck to everyone else 270c-1f3fb.png

Yep , perfectly understandable. That's more or less how I play as well xD I see, I feel like playing(and I regret sometimes because I rarely check requirements).

And yeah no problem. I will still keep you in the event (forcefully lol :awesome:) and if you feel like playing Shadow Warrior in the summer/autumn/2022 shout an update :D your preferred games always must come first, else it defeats the purpose of gaming in the first place.

If luck has it and I am not struck by a falling piano or something, this event will stick for 2022 too anyway.

I have to agree with Baker in that the event rules really do not suit my style either. I'm completely sporadic with what I start. I just signed up because my friend encouraged me to and it's for a good cause. I will donate some money to both charities at the end of the year if I feel that my contribution to the fund is inadequate.

Hell, I'm such a dunce. I recently started and finished The Division 2 (which isn't in my tier 1) only to later realise that it would have counted on here since a DLC trophy is ultra rare and the overall 100% completion is strongly ultra rare :(  Any way I can have this added to my tier 1 @Copanele? (I strongly presume not!).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Potent_Delusions said:

Hell, I'm such a dunce. I recently started and finished The Division 2 (which isn't in my tier 1) only to later realise that it would have counted on here since a DLC trophy is ultra rare and the overall 100% completion is strongly ultra rare :(  Any way I can have this added to my tier 1 @Copanele? (I strongly presume not!).

No can do sorry xD 

8 minutes ago, AuburnDRM said:

I've been holding off on some bigger games because I really wasn't up for feeling the pressure to complete them before moving on to the next tier. Now that the restriction is gone, I'd like to get to some of these at some point in the year (hopefully):

• Splasher (2.33%)
  • Trials Fusion (0.1%)
  • Tetris Effect (0.47%)
  • Jump King (3.08%)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (0.09%) - This is probably the biggest maybe as I'd have to not only commit to finishing it, but also dig out and set up a PS3 to do so.

There are also some others I'd like to work on in the more near future:

• Downwell (2.00%)
  • OlliOlli 2 (0.62%)
  • Tricky Towers (1.04% / 0.79%)
  • Lapis x Labyrinth (2.94%)

As for the swap thing, maybe give people a total amount to use across all tiers? I feel like the first tier is where most of the issues will be since I've noticed a lot of very ambitious lists to start off with. Or perhaps there could be a higher limit and swapping a game out will lock it from use until you complete the following tier.

Yep, now that the restrictions are off, you can be more daring!

My aim with all those swaps was for people to plan their lists abit beforehand.  Yes, it's not that appealing for those who play sporadically, but remember the event is for the entire year! So maybe that list is a stinker in spring, but might get appealing again in summer.

Besides, if you get past Tier 1 and haven't used your swap, the swaps are cumulative. So there's enough wiggle room.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Besides, if you get past Tier 1 and haven't used your swap, the swaps are cumulative. So there's enough wiggle room.

Yeah but if you already used a swap for, and this is just hypothetical, an extremely crashing, rage inducing, let’s hope you get lucky game like Ys Origin you’re already stuck in TIER 1. Once again, purely hypothetical, this does not concern me at all. 

So how about just 5 swaps across all tiers? And you can use them whenever. It gives much more leeway for gamers like me and essentially it’s the same thing ?.

28 minutes ago, Baker said:

Yeah but if you already used a swap for, and this is just hypothetical, an extremely crashing, rage inducing, let’s hope you get lucky game like Ys Origin you’re already stuck in TIER 1. Once again, purely hypothetical, this does not concern me at all. 

So how about just 5 swaps across all tiers? And you can use them whenever. It gives much more leeway for gamers like me and essentially it’s the same thing 1f601.png.

Well there would be then the problem of using all swaps on tier 2 or 3 then permanently locking you off of the event. 

With games like Ys Origins and such, which are incredibly buggy, exceptions can be made. I can't find another example other than Ys Origins, where it "happens" to unlock a platinum....if gods of RNG wills it. Yeah if you picked THAT up and it just messes with you , that one can be changed free of charge. But it must be a known buggy game, not "it happened only to me I swear".

And I still am not really convinced in changing that rule, I don't like changing rules on a whim because it makes the event really inconsistent, and so far nobody had serious complaints about it. 

But of course, as I mentioned in other posts, if a large majority of the participants don't like that rule, it may be slightly modified. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Copanele said:

Well there would be then the problem of using all swaps on tier 2 or 3 then permanently locking you off of the event. 

Why? You can still do tier 4 & 5 but you don’t have swaps anymore. Also I highly doubt the majority will even get to those tiers.

And what about if you, in excitement, put two games in tier 1 that turned out to be too hard to complete for you? Event over. You three should reconsider the swap.

7SlpGvp.gif

• Like 1

I get where they're coming from as i tend to play in a sporadic manner as well and while I'm fine with the rules of this event, I was a bit puzzled as to why only one swap pier tier is allowed. I'd understand if it was some sort of competition but that does not seem to be the case. 

Edited by BrandedBerserk
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, AuburnDRM said:

I've been holding off on some bigger games because I really wasn't up for feeling the pressure to complete them before moving on to the next tier. Now that the restriction is gone, I'd like to get to some of these at some point in the year (hopefully):

• Splasher (2.33%)
  • Trials Fusion (0.1%)
  • Tetris Effect (0.47%)
  • Jump King (3.08%)
  • Cloudberry Kingdom (0.09%) - This is probably the biggest maybe as I'd have to not only commit to finishing it, but also dig out and set up a PS3 to do so.

There are also some others I'd like to work on in the more near future:

• Downwell (2.00%)
  • OlliOlli 2 (0.62%)
  • Tricky Towers (1.04% / 0.79%)
  • Lapis x Labyrinth (2.94%)

As for the swap thing, maybe give people a total amount to use across all tiers? I feel like the first tier is where most of the issues will be since I've noticed a lot of very ambitious lists to start off with. Or perhaps there could be a higher limit and swapping a game out will lock it from use until you complete the following tier.

These are some real serious hardcore platinums there my friend. Out of everything on this list I would consider Downwell followed by OlliOlli2 to be the easiest. I can provide tips on both, particularly OlliOlli2 as I did that one relatively quickly.

I'm looking at the others here. Splasher.... Trials Fusion.... Tetris Effect.... Cloudberry Kingdom, if you've done these I can legit call you a hardcore trophy hunter. Cloudberry Kingdom alone would probably take me years to finish, time I cannot afford since I am pursuing a career change that may limit my time to gaming.

• Like 1

@Arcesius I won't be dropping out. I completely agree with your response. I personally wasn't campaigning for a change, just agreeing with Baker at how random my trophy hunting tendencies are! It's a great event and at the end of the day it is a very generous amount of money you guys are pledging, I can understand the rule as it helps to extend the duration of the event given most people are not going to just do their tier list games consecutively. A bit more wriggle room like Baker suggested would be helpful but I'm neither her nor there, I think it's a fair event either way :)

Also, I hope you guys enjoy Vermintide 1. It's also excellent, like Vermintide 2. 

Edited by Potent_Delusions
  • Like 3

Hello everyone ??. I’m new on this forum.

First of all. What a great event!

Now I don’t know that @Baker fellow at all. We share very similar PSN names, so it’s understandable someone might think so. I strongly agree with him that one swap rule needs to change.

Anyway, pretty exciting first post, maybe I’ll join this event too.

And to @Arcesius Get Pier Solar done already.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Rules Update

Each participant has a total of 5 swaps available for the first 4 Tiers. Once Tier 5 has been reached, there is no limit to the number of games that can be committed, and no limit to the available swaps. 

There is no way to gain additional swaps. 

Now, this will be reflected in the OP, and I will also soon update the spreadsheet with the new number of swaps available. 

OP was updated with the new swap counter!

With the swap change I'd like to swaop 2 of mine out.  Now with that being said, I found that I was doing a terrible job with these two because I had never played them and therefore didn't know if I would like them.  While Ys Origins is purely a skill issue (probably gonna still try that in my spare time), I cannot stand Harvest Moon A Wonderful Life.  It's really trying to figure out where to go and the layout of the town without a map and that horrendous camera that is holding me back.

All that being said, since I've only managed to clear one of mine, but I had played two of them prior to the event and do really enjoy them, I'm gonna swap out the above as detailed below, as I like both of these.

Ys Origins - Replaced with: The Bit Trip - Current Percentage - 17% - Platinum Rate - 2.52%
Harvest Moon - Replaced with: Epic Mickey 2 - Current Percentage - 14% - Platinum Rate - 1.41%