What Is The Worst Game You've Ever Played?

Goro

Tales of Symphonia dawn of the new world: Of the hundereds of games I've played in my lifetime, It's the only game that was so bad that I quit after 2 hours of gameplay. It was cheesy and corny to the extreme with Marta and Emil's lovey dovey dialogue and Marta's overt obsession with him to the point that it was beyond normal. I just couldn't listen to any of the cutscenes and skits due to how embarrassing they were. On another note, I did not like the whole monster capture gameplay either (same as world of FF). I much prefer a proper party instead of having to catch and raise monsters. 

My worst game of all time, the top of my shitlist had been the same game for over 10 years and due to me being quite careful nowadays about what I play, it should have stayed that way until the day I die. That game was Sonic the Hedgehog 2006, a kick in the balls that I had to go out of my way for to play, borrowing the copy of the game from one friend (who had not touched it at that point) and a ps3 from another (I just refused to buy a ps3 and still do to this day), and that game pretty much killed the entire love I had for Sonic for years.

This year I had a rare stinker on my hands in the form of Kingdom Come Deliverance, a buggy mess of a game that, even after 6 months of me waiting for patches, still was a broken shitfest. It was bad, but when it worked it had some decent elements, so no material for the top 5 shitlist because it would be fixed enough at some point. That was where it should have ended, but then I bought the old GTA trilogy and met the king of turds, GTA 3. GTA 3 was so much of a pain in the ass to play that I did not even want to play it for more than an hour or two in the beginning. I never played GTA 3 back in the day and it was hyped up as a milestone in gaming history so the fact that it was atrocious surprised me. Grossed out by how bad it was, I put it on hold to play GTA Vice City instead, my first GTA game I played way back. Vice City was fun, aged kinda badly but I still enjoyed it despite some annoying trophies and speed bump missions, as the controls were not nearly as shit as in GTA 3 and the story was fun with some memorable characters.

I am a completionist so I kinda had come to back and finish GTA 3, and never have I hated that mindset as much as I do now. After returning back to GTA 3 and almost losing my mind over getting the broken ambulance missions that had to be done in the beginning, because shitty game design would have made it impossible to do later on, I thought it could only go up from there, but boy was I wrong. I have no idea how people can call this piece of shit innovative, or a fun experience, as it lacks basic things that had been around back then like camera control and it has some of the worst design decisions in many areas I have ever seen, on top of the single most boring protagonist ever and a crap story. I could write a biblically long review about everything that makes this game a huge pain in the ass to play even considering its age, but that is probably too much for this thread.

I am still not finished with it yet, having the offroad side missions and the last few missions still ahead of me, and I am disgusted by the thought of starting up my console to play it at this point. I refuse to let this shit game end my ambition to complete all my games, but during the last week or so I had more than once thought about what the hell I was doing with my life, getting infuriated by this trash game and even questioning whether I really wanted to keep hunting trophies at all after this. I think I will have to take a few weeks off of playing on the console to regenerate and rethink a few things. Having a brand new number 1 on my shittiest games list, what a way to end 2018.

Edited by Nighcisama

Going by what I dislike the most, it's probably Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories for the PS3. Not a terrible game, but I can't stand the card based system that limits your ability to fight so much in what should be a normal action game like the rest of the series.

For me, what makes a game bad is whether or not I can tolerate the control system being used. Doesn't mean the game is necessarily bad though, that's just my opinion.

On 26/12/2018 at 8:15 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

Tales of Symphonia dawn of the new world: Of the hundereds of games I've played in my lifetime, It's the only game that was so bad that I quit after 2 hours of gameplay. It was cheesy and corny to the extreme with Marta and Emil's lovey dovey dialogue and Marta's overt obsession with him to the point that it was beyond normal. I just couldn't listen to any of the cutscenes and skits due to how embarrassing they were. On another note, I did not like the whole monster capture gameplay either (same as world of FF). I much prefer a proper party instead of having to catch and raise monsters. 

It's one of the weakest Tales of games, for sure. I managed to plat it, though.

On 31/12/2018 at 2:09 AM, thepeaguy said:

It's one of the weakest Tales of games, for sure. I managed to plat it, though.

Wow thats great! I was going to go for the plat, but just couldn't stomach even half the story which was disappointing as I like collecting Tales plats

3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

Wow thats great! I was going to go for the plat, but just couldn't stomach even half the story which was disappointing as I like collecting Tales plats

Trust me: it isn't worth the bother, Lava. I just have a habit of completing my games before I trade them for new titles.

Happy New Year. I appreciate people working for the NHS.

• Like 1

I can't remember the name of it.  There was this old first person RPG on the SNes.  It drops you right in a dungeon and the first encounter could destroy you.

More recently, I'll have to say Beyond: Two Souls.  It looks pretty, but that's about it.  Nothing you do in the game matters.  The gameplay segments weren't that much fun either.

In psn it has to be Sword art online -Lost Song-, Hollow fragment was decent at least but Lost Song just was boring, I don't recommend anyone to play or even worse platinum this game as I did, is a case of I expected nothing and I'm still disappointed.

In my life it is Zelda The Wand of Gamelon, I played it to see if it was bad as everyone says and... it is and now the King laugh follows me everywhere as I think it does to anyone that have played the game T.T.

I'm going to limit myself to only the games I've played on PS4, otherwise there'd be way too many games to choose from. That said, my choice is Jazzpunk. Absolute crap. Luckily it has a fast and easy platinum so I didn't have to torture myself too much.

Edited by Janire1911