Questions about this game

Now this is on PS+, I have some questions about it :):

1: Ignoring the Survival Mode DLC, how hard is this game if I play it entirely solo?

2: In terms of mechanics and gameplay, how similar is Remnant: From the Ashes, to other Souls-like games e.g. Lords of the Fallen?

3: Is the Subject 2923 DLC worth having?

4: How big is the install?

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

1: Ignoring the Survival Mode DLC, how hard is this game if I play it entirely solo?

2: In terms of mechanics and gameplay, how similar is Remnant: From the Ashes, to other Souls-like games e.g. Lords of the Fallen?

its a soulslike with guns i would say its similar to immortal unchained but i liked remnant alot more

it is possible to play solo but its recommended to make ur game public

in comparison with lords of the fallen its alot faster and has a better dodge roll cause its sluggish in lord of the fallen

as for the size its a minimum of 31,36 gig my game says

i would say its a 6 in difficulty to plat the game defo not an 8 like some guides but the survival dlc is tough tho dont believe when people say its easy. (unless they made it easier but at release it was tough)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Solo 4/10... In coop MUCH easier.

If you played IMMORTAL UNCHAINED then REMNANT feels like home.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

1) Tougher than your average action adventure, but nowhere near DS. Bosses can be challenging though.
2) Very. Since it's a shooter it doesn't feel like Souls game gameplay-wise, but the inspiration is obvious. And thankfully lot of Souls bulshit like no checkpoints before bosses are missing in this game.
3) ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
4) About 37 gigs.

• Like 1

are you guys serious?

this game is pretty hard.

7/10 i´d say.

its pretty unbalanced. take the first boss. strong ranged attack, gives you plague, spams a aoe, can teleport.. and the adds have a ranged attack+ melee. 

i cant imagine what the rest of the game has in store.. :/

no chance to do it alone, as far as i can say. 

Edited by VaDiMkA
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, VaDiMkA said:

are you guys serious?

this game is pretty hard.

7/10 i´d say.

its pretty unbalanced. take the first boss. strong ranged attack, gives you plague, spams a aoe, can teleport.. and the adds have a ranged attack+ melee. 

i cant imagine what the rest of the game has in store.. :/

no chance to do it alone, as far as i can say. 

i agree it seems hard at first until u get a weapon like the pulse rifle (not sure what the ingame name is) and some decent mods to apply to ur guns

talking about main game only atm as the dlc is way harder

edit: they do change the game alot tho i used to use a hammer and apply defense and attack down with primary and secondary weapon and i just couldnt die when i swinged hammer (with healthleech) i heard they nerfed that into the ground

Edited by luckyegg
additional info

it's like bloodborne/souls 3 in a sense that if your rolls aren't perfectly timed you get hit. and thats Okay if you got good armor on.

i recommend checking out the void armor set. you have to go through a bit of a chore to get it but it's worth it. also pick the scrapper starting class because the armor set they start with is great.

every so often you will find a new upgrade material that lets you upgrade items further, however if you play a coop game with someone already farming those items, and you find one or two in their game, they will spawn for you in your singleplayer game.

as soon as you are at a stage where your comfortable in your ability to kill and survive and understand earth areas, farm for the assault rifle. it only spawns in one area, and it's completely random if that area even appears, you'll have to reroll adventure mode earth to find it. when you start adventure, go into every area on the map look for "Sorrow's Field" in that area are some small enemies nothing too bad, and a key that opens a door in the same area, thats where you get the assault rifle and it dominates pretty much all the way through the game, however if your good with the single shot semi auto rifle, stick with the rifle its better overall.

exploring adventure opens up new possibilities, as does having a casual jaunt with others, don't be afraid.

subject 2293 is good, good story, ton of new areas and biomes to explore in base game adventure mode, new overpowered build-enabling rings and trinkets, some crazy new weapons and a new final boss that is an absolute prick but gives you an amazing gatling gun weapon that fire rate increases the more you fire it.

survival is amazing and definitely worth the hardship,if you have 1 other player with significant boss experience you'll both be fine, and you just have to get lucky, there is a surefire way to progress through survival mode with ease. it just comes down to boss knowledge, getting lucky and not rolling dreameater as a 9th boss..

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84

Yeah like it's said above a good weapon can carry you. My biggest issue was the rng for certain trophies. I played when it first came out and utilized joining random games for hopes on rng and the mats were pretty easy yo find for upgrades, since it's on ps+ it may have many more players now. Overall I'd say it was like a 4/10. Easy enough that I can't remember a single boss fight. 

If you have friends playing and need certain criteria for trophies it's a good idea to let them know what you need in case they come across it and you all can utilize saves to help eachother. 

I never played any dlc, I got the plat early and never touched it again.  

• Like 1

How does the co-op work in this game? Is it a drop in, drop out format sort of like the Souls games, or can you easily link up with a buddy and run through the entire game together?

Also for those of you playing this for the first time now that it’s on Plus, how are you liking it? This one has piqued my interest.

3 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

How does the co-op work in this game? Is it a drop in, drop out format sort of like the Souls games, or can you easily link up with a buddy and run through the entire game together?

From the 4 hours I've played so far, it seems like the only part you can't play with friends is the short tutorial at the beginning.

5 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

Also for those of you playing this for the first time now that it’s on Plus, how are you liking it? This one has piqued my interest.

I'm finding it great fun, and I'm not even really a big fan of Souls games. I've been playing with 2 other friends and it's opened the game up to some fun strategies, like one kiting the boss around while the other 2 shoot at it from above. Definitely an interesting spin on the genre.

• Like 1

Hi, I don't want to open a new thread so:

1.- How does exactly the level system work? As I've read enemies scale to your equipment, so it would make useless to upgrade any weapon or armor...

2.- I've just beaten the Ent. My first boss was Gorefist and it was difficult, but the other bosses so far (Mangler and The Ent) were pretty easy in comparison. What happens if I reroll my campaign? Will enemies be as challenging (related to my first point)? Trophy-wise, it's better to reroll the campaign now or just beat the game and start a ng+ or somehing?

17 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Hi, I don't want to open a new thread so:

1.- How does exactly the level system work? As I've read enemies scale to your equipment, so it would make useless to upgrade any weapon or armor...

2.- I've just beaten the Ent. My first boss was Gorefist and it was difficult, but the other bosses so far (Mangler and The Ent) were pretty easy in comparison. What happens if I reroll my campaign? Will enemies be as challenging (related to my first point)? Trophy-wise, it's better to reroll the campaign now or just beat the game and start a ng+ or somehing?

Everything is based on your Gear Score (e.g. like Destiny) so the more evenly you level up everything, the easier the game will be so re-rolling is only needed if you're after specific items or bosses for trophies you don't have:

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, HuntingFever said:

Everything is based on your Gear Score (e.g. like Destiny) so the more evenly you level up everything, the easier the game will be so re-rolling is only needed if you're after specific items or bosses for trophies you don't have:

Thanks a lot! 

Am a couple hours in and liking it a lot so far. Kinda scared me at first, cause the first mini-boss is indeed hard to deal with. Was too closed in, couldn't move freely (got the ranged spec) and had those add that would explode, so poor movement was often my death. But from then on, by upgrading weapons and armour, seems pretty easy/normal. Will see later on.

The only small downside I've got so far is that to vault/jump you need to exactly face towards the wall which tends to disrupt the flow. Otherwise cool stuff, can't wait to finish the campaign and get some coop on the go, seems fun in multi (considering I'd get people that have an idea haha)

I'd like some clarification if possible, would get more insight about the 'Untouchable' trophy:

It is said that area level is tied to gear level. Area would be I guess each section with its own name right? Or would it be a main region (with inside those different sections) - also, if I go into a dungeon, does area level update or is it tied with the outside section? Same as when leaving said dungeon.

Also if you'd backtrack to an already visited section/area/world, I'd guess it would update again, right? (apart from bosses as I can tell so far)

10 hours ago, Rejim said:

Am a couple hours in and liking it a lot so far. Kinda scared me at first, cause the first mini-boss is indeed hard to deal with. Was too closed in, couldn't move freely (got the ranged spec) and had those add that would explode, so poor movement was often my death. But from then on, by upgrading weapons and armour, seems pretty easy/normal. Will see later on.

The only small downside I've got so far is that to vault/jump you need to exactly face towards the wall which tends to disrupt the flow. Otherwise cool stuff, can't wait to finish the campaign and get some coop on the go, seems fun in multi (considering I'd get people that have an idea haha)

I'd like some clarification if possible, would get more insight about the 'Untouchable' trophy:

It is said that area level is tied to gear level. Area would be I guess each section with its own name right? Or would it be a main region (with inside those different sections) - also, if I go into a dungeon, does area level update or is it tied with the outside section? Same as when leaving said dungeon.

Also if you'd backtrack to an already visited section/area/world, I'd guess it would update again, right? (apart from bosses as I can tell so far)

There is skippable boss that you can talk to instead which count as "defeat" and will get you Untouchable trophy, it's in the updated guide.
And yes, everything scales, simply put you'll never be too OP, it's all about picking right equipment and your skill. You can be very easily UP though ?

edit: my post kinda contradicts with Kuzigari_'s, what I meant was that every new area scales with you when you enter it first time, have no idea about bactracking so I'd take his word for it

Edited by czDante92
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Rejim said:

The levels of the outside transistion areas have no effect on the level of the dungeons.  If you go through the 1st transition area on earth with gear level +1 but have trouble before reaching a dungeon so you go upgrade to  +2; then after upgrading you make it to a dungeon then the dungeon will scale to your +2 gear. 

Each area stays the same level as when you first entered it and doesn't change untill you reroll the world, so the area will won't scale if you backtrack at a higher level. If you enter the sewers at gear lvl +2 and you have trouble with the enemies so you go upgrade your gear to plus +3 and go back to the sewers; then the enemies will only be as strong as they were when you had +2 gear. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Kuzigari_ said:

The levels of the outside transistion areas have no effect on the level of the dungeons.  If you go through the 1st transition area on earth with gear level +1 but have trouble before reaching a dungeon so you go upgrade to  +2; then after upgrading you make it to a dungeon then the dungeon will scale to your +2 gear. 

Each area stays the same level as when you first entered it and doesn't change untill you reroll the world, so the area will won't scale if you backtrack at a higher level. If you enter the sewers at gear lvl +2 and you have trouble with the enemies so you go upgrade your gear to plus +3 and go back to the sewers; then the enemies will only be as strong as they were when you had +2 gear. 

5 hours ago, Rejim said:

Ahh great, thanks to both for the answers, made it pretty clear. As well as the boss tip, wasn't too sure about it, will have to discover it later on

This is correct for single player, but if your with another player that's higher then you when you enter the area it will increase the difficulty up to a max of 3 levels higher then the host. This means if your really having trouble, enter the area before upgrading anything so it sets the difficulty lower and then you could have a really high level player join you to make things in your favor if need be.