Free Playstation 5 version will feature additional trophies

I think that new trophies will be only on PS5 trophy list. If in next expansions/patches new trophies keep coming, completionists will have to spend a lot of money: US$ 40,00 for each expansion (or less in future sales) plus US$ 15,00 for a month sub (or even more). Expensive for a few trophies in my opinion.

PS5 trophy list released: https://www.exophase.com/game/final-fantasy-xiv-psn/trophies/

No free plat for ppl already have platinum on PS3/PS4. Its a new set and more difficult to 100% because savage raids trophies. Platinum still easy but grindy.

EDIT: For platinum ppl need to clear second coil of bahamut (savage) and this set of fights can't be done unsynced. Then will be very hard to platinum just because this trophy. Will be a super ultra rare platinum. 

Edited by regislc30

On 4/9/2021 at 0:10 PM, technole said:

Most PlayStation MMOs have stapled on lists, jumping console generations even PSO2 Vita to PS4 that I've been with since day one in-which I never mind going back to spend hours on end, and throwing more money for that matter. I don't think they got the message that to tact on expansion lists does actually add to more subs because completionism OCD is real and there are devs that cash in on it, they didn't even have to go that far either like force people complete savage or ultimate content but they could have and made it an even higher difficulty and more prestigious 100%. Even in-game a lot of regulars care about achievements because many are tied to bling to show off like titles and mounts.

Plus it's not a lot of work, they could have easily tied more achievements to trophies, that's how the ARR list practically worked, even on a retroactive basis. Of course they only really work on PlayStation updates when a new model comes out, so none of it is surprising considering many of these improvements are going to PC as well. 

I agree.

I look at other MMOs on PlayStation like ESO or Neverwinter getting trophies every major patch, but FFXIV gets nothing. I've played 14 since the PS3 beta and have literally thousands of hours invested in it. There should be new ones every major patch.

There's also financial incentive to do it. Let's be honest plenty of people complain about DLC, but the moment it gets trophies, completionists buy it. Adding trophies will keep players coming back and buying the latest expansion. I can't think of a downside from their perspective.

EDIT: After looking over the list it is very easy, although I do want to point something out. The base trophy list requires level 80 characters which does mean you will need Shadowbringers. I am curious if trophies will auto pop or not. Because I am fully caught up in Shadowbringers on PC with all jobs at 80.

Edited by sepheroithisgod

49 minutes ago, Phantom_knight28 said:

Second coil of bahamut (savage) can be done unsynced you're thinking of the 3 ultimate fights that are not required. "Hardest" ones are probably the 5.0 Savage DLC trophies since you cannot unsync yet.

You're right. I checked after i posted. Then i'll do this fight unsynced to earn a free plat. Only this trophy and the related to new alliance raid i need to Platinum on PS5. 

Edited by regislc30

Holy fucking shit LMAO

3000 FATES???? 2000 DUTIES???? 8000 GATHERING COLLECTIBLES??? 5000 CRAFTING COLLECTIBLES??????

I can do all the duties in the game easily, but I've played this game for thousands of hours since Heavensward, and I don't think I've done even half of the collectibles and FATES.

They really made this game one of the grindiest platinums out there LMAOOOOO. I was gonna pick this game up, and potentially become the first achiever, but I don't think there is going to be a single person who will have all the requirements complete already on this site.

Edited by Griffon234

19 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Holy fucking shit LMAO

3000 FATES???? 2000 DUTIES???? 8000 GATHERING COLLECTIBLES??? 5000 CRAFTING COLLECTIBLES??????

I can do all the duties in the game easily, but I've played this game for thousands of hours since Heavensward, and I don't think I've done even half of the collectibles and FATES.

They really made this game one of the grindiest platinums out there LMAOOOOO. I was gonna pick this game up, and potentially become the first achiever, but I don't think there is going to be a single person who will have all the requirements complete already on this site.

Damn, and those are bronze trophies. im playing it on PC right now but don't have many hours in yet. Might just stick to PC only since I will never get 100% or the plat :P

39 minutes ago, Griffon234 said:

Holy fucking shit LMAO

It's not that bad this late into the game. I'm pretty confident I have all of those requirements.

For Crafting and Gathering Collectables, you can do those reasonably fast by just doing one thing to get collectable points and completeing the synth or gathering the mat. Would only take a few hrs for each.

2000 duties is also something your would probably get naturally from completing the story, and grinding out gear for the current raid tier. Your looking at several hundred duties to just get through the MSQ at this point. And with unsynced options available, you could pick an early trial as a level 80 and kill it in a few seconds and repeat.

The 3,000 fates definitely sucks tho. That said, if you've done things like relic quests, Yokai events, and doing all of the fates for vendor rewards in Shadowbringers, your probably much closer than you think.

While I'm bummed this new list "forces me" to get into gathering and crafting, I'm actually really stoked that they've given trophies some proper attention. Also, based on it having trophies separate from each expansion, it's safe to assume that Endwalker and beyond will get more trophies too, which is ace! Guess getting back into this game (after already playing it for 7,600 hours in the past) will pay off double!

Well, if nothing else, I should be able to bounce back to the PS4 version and get the platinum there. I still intend on starting/playing this on PS5. Definitely looks like they went overboard. But oh well, I hear it's a great game and I won't let trophies stand in the way.

FINALLLLYYYY.

This is what I wished the most for Final Fantasy XIV. This is exactly the trophy list I dreamed for. For every expansion a trophy list with only story and raid related achievements. Damn, now Im more motivated to play the game (i already loving this game).

29 minutes ago, sepheroithisgod said:

It's not that bad this late into the game. I'm pretty confident I have all of those requirements.

For Crafting and Gathering Collectables, you can do those reasonably fast by just doing one thing to get collectable points and completeing the synth or gathering the mat. Would only take a few hrs for each.

2000 duties is also something your would probably get naturally from completing the story, and grinding out gear for the current raid tier. Your looking at several hundred duties to just get through the MSQ at this point. And with unsynced options available, you could pick an early trial as a level 80 and kill it in a few seconds and repeat.

The 3,000 fates definitely sucks tho. That said, if you've done things like relic quests, Yokai events, and doing all of the fates for vendor rewards in Shadowbringers, your probably much closer than you think.

Hmm, I guess you could do low level collectibles, but 5000 and 8000 is still an asinine amount.

I'm pretty sure I've had the duties done for a very long time. 

As for FATES, I recently finished up the SHB shared fate stuff, and I'm pretty sure I'm still at least 1000-1500 off, and I've done multiple relics, yokai, achievement hunting etc.

Edited by Griffon234

I'm kinda glad the trophy list is pretty hard core. I forced myself to get the plat on the ps4 as I'd started it before I cared about them and I always felt wrong for doing it because this is clearly a game you play because you love it not for trophies. This time around you are only getting the Plat if you love the game which is how it should be. Good luck and have fun to those making the jump ?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Griffon234 said:

Holy fucking shit LMAO

I have everything except for the collectibles.... It’s gonna take a looooooong time.

And I am guessing you have to do all those savages again to unlock the trophies.

56 minutes ago, me_is_caveman said:

I got the ps4 platinum only because I paid some group to kill Twintania for me. The ps5 trophies seem like a nightmare.

Was that when it was relevant?

they’re pretty easy now, except for Shadowbringers dlc it may be considered difficult for new players so no worries if you were aiming for the plat.

Suddenly I regret farming all my ShB relic memories times 17 (for all relics) through Bozja cluster farm groups as I'm still at 1800/3000 FATEs for that one trophy that should be illegal... >_> Oh well hope Endwalker brings some more FATE farming. Definitely a gigantic grind though for anyone that hasn't started with this game yet, easily thousands of hours with quite a bit of skill and getting used to game mechanics involved since the savages are quite a big learning process, some fights (Stormblood and Shadowbringers) do not allow for anyone to be 100% carried and we don't know if unsynching them in Endwalker will help with the coming stat squish. Hope they will continue to add more DLC sets though and we will see a pretty rare 100% with this game!

9 hours ago, Poramies said:

Suddenly I regret farming all my ShB relic memories times 17 (for all relics) through Bozja cluster farm groups as I'm still at 1800/3000 FATEs for that one trophy that should be illegal... >_> Oh well hope Endwalker brings some more FATE farming. Definitely a gigantic grind though for anyone that hasn't started with this game yet, easily thousands of hours with quite a bit of skill and getting used to game mechanics involved since the savages are quite a big learning process, some fights (Stormblood and Shadowbringers) do not allow for anyone to be 100% carried and we don't know if unsynching them in Endwalker will help with the coming stat squish. Hope they will continue to add more DLC sets though and we will see a pretty rare 100% with this game!

bozja cluster farm doesnt count to the FATE Stats...or did they change anything recently?

2 hours ago, YesImAPwnda said:

bozja cluster farm doesnt count to the FATE Stats...or did they change anything recently?

They don't count, but that is his point. He could have chosen to farm them using the alternative option which is grinding FATEs.

OMG I'm so happy LOL. Hopefully they keep adding dlc trophies per patch/expansion. I wonder if we can auto pop because I have like 90% of these trophies done already on the in-game achievement list. Disappointed no Ultimate trophies!!! This was my chance to get quite ultra rare trophies lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues