*Post 3 Games you would never have Played if it didn't have a Trophy List*

DeidaraTV

On 4/3/2021 at 1:21 AM, DeidaraTV said:

Black Mirror

The plot is not bad, but any area needs a long loading and the continuous crashes of the system make this game a nightmare, not funny at all!

Yeah, that game has far too many loading screens. Fortunately, it only crashed once, and it didn't corrupt my saves.

On 4/3/2021 at 3:44 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Bayonetta

The only bad thing I heard about it back then was the awfully long load times, but it was fixed.

Ok, my entries will be a bit focused on...a certain genre, but they definitely count:

1. Art of Fighting Anthology

2. King of Fighters XIII

3. Persona 4 Arena

I admit, the first 2 SNK games I started only because the challenge they posed were too juicy to pass by (and as a result I started actually loving SNK games).

As for Persona 4 Arena(Ultimax), I...am not the biggest jRPG fan, I admit, and I would have actually skipped this game too of it wasn't for a "bruh the game is mad fun, it's not a jRPG" xD 

Gotta agree, that person was right :D 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, zizimonster said:

The only bad thing I heard about it back then was the awfully long load times, but it was fixed.

Absolutely, as I said, I ended up liking it a lot, but it just didn’t gel with me at first, so I’m glad the trophies were enough to pull me back and give it another go (or 5), because I ended up having a great time! ?

• Like 1

As a rule of thumb if I really don't enjoy a game, I don't get the plat. Sometimes it's just boredom and sometimes it's outright aggravation, but if a game on my list has low completion there's a good chance it didn't click with me. 

But here's my list anyway.

1. Time and Eternity. This was back during the dying days of the lower-budget JPRG, and it shows. The '2D character in a 3D world' gimmick is neat for an hour or two but you can see it's just a fancy way of saving on animation at the end of the day. 

2. Last Rebellion. Probably the worst JPRG I've ever played, if it hadn't been as simple and quick as it was (and also a rental) I'd have probably shelved it. The fact the publisher actively refused any further work from the company behind this POS afterwards really says a lot.

3.Arc of Alchemist. I'll get round to platting this someday but I'll never be able to say I enjoyed it. Characters range between generic moe, boring anime tropes and this one slimy sycophant I only kept in my party because he had optimal skills. I hated him and his bowl-job haircut, what a creep.

I'm surprised at anyone mentioning TWD, I loved it.  Trophy list aside, I would have played through it anyway.  I wasn't scared through the game, yet they did a great job of surprise in some spots, and yeah I died a few times not getting an input in at the right time, or not knowing if I got 1 zombie away that another would come attacking me.  I loved the characters though and the writing, the mood and the atmosphere, it has got to be one of the best stories I've played in a long time on a video game.  The character interaction alone was great, the swearing was awesome and not over the top, it felt like it was portrayed correctly.

I also loved Life is Strange, give me a great story and good character interaction over stale Kratos anyday.

-----------

I think asking about games we never would have COMPLETED is more accurate than games we never have played at all, I mean there is some initial curiosity that gets a game play tested at least.

1) Sonic Generations - hated the level design and the controls were fair to poor.  I just couldn't stand how it tried to mix 2D and 3D within some of the same levels, it's like pick one or the other and stay that way.  In truth the trophies made the game frustrating, yet I know I wouldn't have played this had it not had trophies.

2) Lego The Hobbit - the quests will take up nearly 25 hours of the 40 hour play through for the platinum.  I fell asleep while playing this game every single day, Lego games typically have a real slog of a grind, and this game's grind was painful.

3) Any God of War past the 2nd one - I'm sure I would have got curious played the sequel all the way through, and then I wouldn't have probably played any of the others.  I think GOW2 had a pretty climactic ending which doesn't have as serious as implications as it does in GOW3, and in turn would have skipped the side titles.  GOW games aren't bad per se' and they are a triple A title so nothing to prove to me of course.  However I just would have got bored with Kratos' always angry, needing vengeance personality, if he isn't angry he is disgusted, he agrees with no one practically, and almost always starts a fight.  I don't know if he ever says thank you in 6 video games.  I find him a hard character to enjoy, and overall GoW1 and 2 were fun, yet that would have been enough for me.

I haven't ever started a game that I knew I'd hate purely for trophies- but there is a game that I tried, hated, and plat-ed anyway. The only reason I bothered was because the plat was relatively fast and easy, and I wanted to be able to uninstall that game from my console without regrets lmao. 

The name of it is Stay. It's a choice driven short indie game (and I love those) where the writing actively irritated me to the degree that I hated the main character and didn't want to help the guy. The quality of the game is probably nowhere near as bad as some games people have shared here, but it was a personal hatred on my end lmao. The main character is someone you're supposed to feel bad for, but he gets so pissy at you for making sensible, LOGICAL choices, and then the game decides to support this by giving you bad ends where they don't make sense. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Always love these threads where I get to look down memory lane, thanks OP for the topic and thanks Sony in general for the last 8 years of fun :)

While there's at least 100 games that I wouldn't have gotten all the trophies in if there weren't trophies (does that make sense?  I mean stuff like playing again on hard mode, or getting all the collectibles, you know that kind of thing) and at least 20 awful games that I would have turned off well before the credits, I think the only 3 I wouldn't have played at all are:

Undertale

Hannah Montana

Mayo

The first one is because I watched my wife play it and that would have been enough I think, but when I saw you could get all the trophies in an hour and not even finish the game, I went ahead and loaded it up on my profile.  Great game, just probably wouldn't have played it myself if there weren't trophies.

The other two were at various times the insults of the gaming community, so whenever I was in some sweaty PvP match, or a random crashed a boosting session, and someone shouted "Go play Hannah Montana!" I could definitely reply that I already had.  Don't regret a minute of it :)

38 minutes ago, PayneKillerTears said:

Let’s be honest… if it wasn’t for trophies 99% of trophy hunters would be like 99% of gamers and only play triple AAA/mainstream multiplayer games 

Seems about right. And for me that's another reason to like trophies. If it had not been for those meaningless pictures I would not have played a lot of games on my profile. Sure there are some misses on it, some of which I went for anyway (because trophies). But I also played some games that I otherwise would not even have known about and that have been absolutely wonderful.

Anyway, on topic, my biggest regrets are starting Save The Ninja Clan on Vita and Crash Dummy on PS4.

1. Orc Slayer - Hot fucking garbage. Worst game I've played on my trophy list. Played it purely for the easy trophies, immediately regretted that decision.

2. Aab's Animals - Let's be honest here you people. We all bought and played this simply for the trophies you get in five short minutes. Watching a cat on a screen is NOT a game, I don't care what people tell me. But, from what I was told, the money was put towards a good cause. Seemingly.

3. Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space - Mediocre point and click game. Were it not for Stay Pationt's trophy guide on YouTube, I wouldn't of bothered. It's just too bad he had to go and quit making videos.

18 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

1. Orc Slayer - Hot fucking garbage. Worst game I've played on my trophy list. Played it purely for the easy trophies, immediately regretted that decision.

2. Aab's Animals - Let's be honest here you people. We all bought and played this simply for the trophies you get in five short minutes. Watching a cat on a screen is NOT a game, I don't care what people tell me. But, from what I was told, the money was put towards a good cause. Seemingly.

3. Albedo: Eyes From Outer Space - Mediocre point and click game. Were it not for Stay Pationt's trophy guide on YouTube, I wouldn't of bothered. It's just too bad he had to go and quit making videos.

Good to see My Name is Mayo redeemed itself since you last posted. :)

On 02/04/2021 at 10:15 PM, MRR---OFFICIAL said:

Let's be real, basically EVERYTHING Published by Ratalaika ?

I don't even know where to begin on this... Sly 3 is a perfectly fine game ? and Jak 2 is great (arguably better than Jak 3 overall) but there's nothing wrong with it, a little difficult but I was able to beat it no issue when I was like 9/10 years old 1f612.png

Sly 2 is boring as fuck, but I don't remember 3 being bad. I'm not a big fan of jak 2, but it's not a bad game either.

32 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

But, from what I was told, the money was put towards a good cause. Seemingly

apparently only a portion of the money goes to "good causes", the rest to "developers". Lol

^^^^^  This gif is freaky  lol   Anyway. Games specifically for the trophies.

1) Detroit Become Human - Only played because of being on PS5 ps+ for free and a trophy list.  Was around for the hype but didn't buy in and didn't think I would like an interactive drama game.  1st style of game I played like this, and I'm just not into this kind of game but still played and plat'd specifically for the trophies.  Guess you can add Until Dawn as well to when I get around playing that.

2) Adventure Captialist - Was looking through free to play titles for some easy trophies.  This game came up.  Played a few of these when flash game sites were a thing, and some were alright.  What a mistake this one was!  Your 2 choices for getting all the trophies:  spend money, or exploit the system settings time and date in your playstation.  lol  It's literally impossible to do without one of those 2 options.  IIRC, took like ~200+ time and date changes to complete the trophy list.  2000 years to complete a free to play game legit....fucking awful  lol

3) Lego DC Supervillains - About to start this one.  Again, specifically playing for the easyish plat and being on PSplus, or I wouldn't have touched it.  I heard these games are pretty fun, but I'm still gonna feel a little weird because I consider this a kid's game.  Without trophies, would never have played.

I don't play games for easy platinum, i am happy with My 42 trophies (and more coming) but all are great games, i dont want a profile with shovelware garbage just for having platinums lol i just can't ruin my profile with my name is mayo.

But i have to say, Erica it's a nightmare i play the Game for that easy platinum and even with that it's just tedious replaying a movie 6 times in a row lol, the d-pad sucks ass , i had to replay the game for moving wrong the d-pad... But i need it to finish that game.

• 5 months later...

Quite a lot of games on PS Plus, although there are a few that I haven’t tried specifically because I didn’t want to to do the trophies (mostly multiplayer ones like Predator because I hate multiplayer grinds).

Three off the top of my head would be Everybody’s Gone to the Rapture, Concrete Genie, and Psycho Pass. None of those are horrible, they’re just not my type of game but they had easy plats and I had access to them