how is this? how are the trophies?

Ich1994-1994

So with the game beeing in plus it kinda looks interesting to me but what am i geting into? i read abit about it beeing buggy as hell. ist that fixed? and are there any mayor annoyences in the trophies? i really dont ind grinding or difficult stuff but i dont little annoying stuff thats difficult and extremly luck based for example or when the controls are unprecise and you have to be very precise or when i need 7 different guides that i have to click arround in to not miss anything
so yea how is the game?

Nothing too Grindy, just time consuming. Doing the 10days will take awhile, so just work on gathering materials and bulk up supplies since nothing despawns. Crafting everything may be a grind but you can destroy it after you built it. So you can get back most of the materials you used on it. The only bugged trophy I know of is two of each where you need every animal on your raft and sail into a storm.

I believe the boars and giant crabs are not needed for it as mine popped randomly on my raft, and it didn’t even rain lol. But if you don’t like bugs, I would avoid it as the trophies are little buggy. But not game crashing. Game was fun though. 

• Like 1

Bugs are still present for a few trophies. The game itself is quite fun. What your getting into? Cast Away - The Game. If you're going to 100% it: Read guides BEFORE starting it. It's not a hard plat after all, but some trophies need specific playstyle and of course those bugs. But it could be worse than it sounds now.

• Like 3

Game is fun, it is hard if you have never played a survival game like the forest or long dark, trophies are buggy but I should say what was a pain was not using a compass through the game. A bad weather can make you lose track of which island you have visited. But if you put enough hours into it you should know your way around the map. Also save a lot cause snakes can poison you and crafting a cure can be overwhelming 

• Like 2

I'm really debating starting this. I like the setting but haven't gotten into other survival games that look similar to this, like Conan Exiles and The Long Dark. Conan Exiles was really janky and in the gameplay videos I looked at for this one, it looked to have its share of jank present, too.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, drfk168 said:

I'm really debating starting this. I like the setting but haven't gotten into other survival games that look similar to this, like Conan Exiles and The Long Dark. Conan Exiles was really janky and in the gameplay videos I looked at for this one, it looked to have its share of jank present, too.

Yeah this definitely has a good amount of jank. It’s got that early PC FPS kinda feel where everything feels unnatural.

• Like 1

I played it when it first came out and it was a broken mess. Half the trophies didnt unlock and there were forums everywhere of players trying to help other players fix the bugs. I am waiting to see how she runs for others now its got a bigger audience as Ill need to do another whole playthrough to unlock the stuff I didnt get the first time round

• Like 1

The game is absolutely terrible trash. Everything is awkward controlling, picking stuff up, crouching and crafting is a mess of controls. They could have simplified the menus. They should have options for hiding crafting items that aren't available until you have the resources. It's a mess and not enjoyable. You're so busy trying to find food that you don't have time for anything else.  The trophy list is unreasonable as well. Enjoy torturing yourself. It's not worth it.

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 2

• 8 months later...

if you like survival games you'll love this because it makes you work for it. it's janky but short. I've put some time in or an alt account but haven't gone for the plat, there's a fair bit of mastery required in pulling through this at a fast pace, it can take many hours. but with a bit of practice and research you could get it done in 40-50.

there's a fair few videos on youtube showing tips for beginners and 20+hr experienced players, a good wiki and an extensive set of guides on steam.

• Like 1

Do not play with the current patch, it is buggy as hell. There is not a single damn barrel on the mf 25 islands and shipwrecks. NOT ONE. Also, after the patch i lost the progress with Megalodon and we'll, fucker won't respawn I checked. Waiting for another patch, I'm only missing call me Ahab, which I should have gotten and hobo stove xD seriously do not recommend playing before the next patch comes out. Hopefully the future patch actually fixes anything.

• Like 1

I agree with the person above me. The game is a bugfest and you're not going to like it.

Crafted items often fall through the map, cooked meat doesn't restore your meter and combat is so awkward. And those are just some of the bugs, there's a lot more.

I honestly regret starting this game. If and only IF they decide to patch all of this it might become a fun game to play with a friend despite the clunky mechanics and graphics. But right now it's not worth it at all.

• Like 1

I had a hell of a time playing this with a buddy. My toolbelt upgrades suddenly disappeared and all my inventory gone. Items falling through the floor. Getting poisoned without being near anything that can poison you. Losing ability to steer the raft it would only go in a somewhat straight line and would not turn. It was an uphill battle platting this a few months ago I do not recommend it in the state it's in. The coop patch made a buggy game downright broken.

• Like 1

On 24/01/2022 at 9:59 PM, Herbset said:

Do not play with the current patch, it is buggy as hell. There is not a single damn barrel on the mf 25 islands and shipwrecks. NOT ONE. Also, after the patch i lost the progress with Megalodon and we'll, fucker won't respawn I checked. Waiting for another patch, I'm only missing call me Ahab, which I should have gotten and hobo stove xD seriously do not recommend playing before the next patch comes out. Hopefully the future patch actually fixes anything.

people have earned the trophy, possible just a normal glitch. delete save data and go for it again, how long would it take to set up shop and roll just long enough to kill the shark?

On 1/28/2022 at 0:09 AM, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

people have earned the trophy, possible just a normal glitch. delete save data and go for it again, how long would it take to set up shop and roll just long enough to kill the shark?

And recraft all fucking possible items as well as killing all three bosses? XDDDDDDDDDDDDD What are you even talking about, if I delete my save I have to do every damn thing again, even if we are talking about just Call me Ahab trophy, that shit still requires killing all 3 see monsters. Just crafting spears, spear gun and building the goddamn raft takes ages.

• 9 months later...