Trophies?

7 hours ago, CaptainMonkster said:

Is this out in the UK yet? Can't find out on ps5s store 

Yes, you have to buy it on a PS4, the app, or the website. Then you can download it on your PS5.

for some reason, it’s not visible on the store via the PS5 yet. The devs are working on fixing it. There’s a bunch of games which aren’t actually visible on the store, yet you can buy them on the app, website and PS4.

I’ve been emailing devs monthly since November, telling them to fix the listing or get Sony to fix it for them - the new store basically works differently on the backend and not all devs were told how to ensure the games are visible on all platforms...

*edit - scrap that, they’ve managed to fix it now so it should appear in the store as normal. 

Edited by turniplord

17 hours ago, Tearbaer said:

unknown.png?width=1217&height=683

So I went to check if there were any updates for the game on my PS5. Turns out there was. We now have version 1.01.

So then, I went to check the update log and was met with this....

Very strange. But then it hit me, this is the damn update log for The Bard's Tale: Remastered and Resnarkled for PS4 and PS Vita. The same team ported it and this game. What the hell is going on over there?

Okay if the same team handled that port that actually makes sense if he trophies are simple. I believe Bard's Take has a broken list doesn't it?

Edit: Btw just like the original game the enemies have terrible pathing still. Already had some get stuck in doorways or on pillars trying to run towards me. So definitely will be easy especially if anyone used the Ball Lighting on Sorc

Also save scum and importing characters work still as in the original. So one can save before a boss, then save after in another slot reload the previous save and import character from the new save to farm exp on bosses.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 1

Just now, Lord_Bane999 said:

Okay if the same team handled that port that actually makes sense if he trophies are simple. I believe Bard's Take has a broken list doesn't it?

It had a broken list for quite some time. Hence what those patch notes are addressing. It was later fixed and is completely obtainable now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Tearbaer said:

It had a broken list for quite some time. Hence what those patch notes are addressing. It was later fixed and is completely obtainable now.

Might have to finally play that then. I left that one alone due to the broken list. Now if only they would release that trilogy pack that's on Xbox and PC of he original games.

1 hour ago, Tearbaer said:

There is an auto-map, but they are not collectible in any form. So how would there be a trophy associated with maps? Whereas Bard's Tale had collectible maps you would have to obtain for four special trial areas to obtain collectible tokens. When the game launched, the trophies for these maps were glitched and thus the plat was unobtainable. 

Not sure what you mean by "auto maps" that makes sense for Bard's tale. In Baldur's Gate they could just have it associated with clearing the maps. Based on a percentage of how much of each one is cleared by the player. Wouldn't be the first game to do this. I misunderstood that the update history was from another game. Hope this helps.

On 5/8/2021 at 4:44 PM, turniplord said:

Seriously... If you're saying "what's the point in bothering" in regards to the game coming out with only a few trophies - you need to step back and take a look at how obsessed with trophies you are. The 'point' is that the game has been released on modern consoles for people to play and enjoy, not primarily so people can get the trophies...

Those who will pick this game up are probably the people who played the original back when there were no trophies, people who play games because they enjoy doing so and not just to grab the trophies. No issue with people doing that, but I think you're being rather ignorant and silly if you're saying the developers shouldn't have bothered simply because you want more virtual awards.

making a game without a platinum is literally like saying "don't buy me" to many people me included. and it's pointless because this game in particular, is one of the best and most underrated PS2 games out there. the game is huge, and involving, and filled with interesting things to do, punchy satisfying combat, it's one of the best diablo looters availiable. so to give it a handfull of trophies is utterly unrewarding, and would also seek to prevent many people from seeing it through to the end. so yeah.. thats exactly what it is in my opinion.

edit: also min maxxing this game towards the end, is a very enjoyable experience, there's easily potential for 40+ trophies if they wanted, more then enough.

Edited by MatThaRiPP3R84
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, MatThaRiPP3R84 said:

making a game without a platinum is literally like saying "don't buy me" to many people me included. and it's pointless because this game in particular, is one of the best and most underrated PS2 games out there. the game is huge, and involving, and filled with interesting things to do, punchy satisfying combat, it's one of the best diablo looters availiable. so to give it a handfull of trophies is utterly unrewarding, and would also seek to prevent many people from seeing it through to the end. so yeah.. thats exactly what it is in my opinion.

edit: also min maxxing this game towards the end, is a very enjoyable experience, there's easily potential for 40+ trophies if they wanted, more then enough.

I'm already working on the gameplay guide for the game. It'll be very detailed. Hope that will show people that the trophy list did this game dirty and that it's an absolutely worthwhile experience.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Might have to finally play that then. I left that one alone due to the broken list. Now if only they would release that trilogy pack that's on Xbox and PC of he original games.

Yep it's fixed, and it also has access to the in-game debug menu from the original game if you don't want to have to play through the whole game on the hardest difficulty for the plat. Though there isn't much of a difference between difficulties. You start with fewer stat points and the save points are a fewer and further apart.

Edited by Guardian_owl

They must have updated the patch notes as these are the ones on the PSN server:

1.02 Fix occasional loss of audio.
Fix player 2 rumble in co-op mode.
Restore legacy cheat codes.
Fix patch notes.

1.01 Address the Act II hang in non-English languages.
Fix environment lighting.

1.00 Initial release.

Edited by turniplord
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, turniplord said:

They must have updated the patch notes as these are the ones on the PSN server:

1.02 Fix occasional loss of audio.
Fix player 2 rumble in co-op mode.
Restore legacy cheat codes.
Fix patch notes.

1.01 Address the Act II hang in non-English languages.
Fix environment lighting.

1.00 Initial release.

Yeah just noticed this as well. I'll test the cheat codes now.

Level 20 Character and 75000 gold

Original Cheat:

When in play mode, press L1, R2, Triangle, Left D-Pad, R3 and start simultaneously to instantly make your character 20th level, with 75000 gold, 1000 Health and 1000 Mana, and a minimum of 1 in every feat, including OTHER character specific feats.

Using this cheat causes no experience to be gained past the level obtained.

New Cheat:

Makes Character instantly level 7 with 124 Gold. Health and mana is locked at 150 (resetting the game seems to make the health and mana increase disappear) +1 in all feats.

The level freeze is now permanent not just in the game you started the character on but also in transferring them to a new save. This cheat in the remaster is practically useless now.

Play as Drizzt Do'Urden

Original Cheat:
At the character select screen, hold L1, R1, Triangle, and press X. After you begin your game, he should become a playable character.

New Cheat:

Not currently working in game at the moment. Though I haven't unlocked him naturally and don't know if he's still in the game. He could've been possibly removed due to licensing over his character.

Level Warp & Invincibilty

Original Cheat:

At any time during gameplay, hold L1 + R2 + Left + Triangle and press START. After entering the code correctly, a special menu will appear. Use this menu to access Level Select and Invincibility (God Mode).

New Cheat:

Working exactly as intended same as original. Can be used to access all levels and also Gauntlet. Invincibility works as intended, it also stays on apparently between saves now. I left one and started a new game and the cheat was still active.

Edited by Lord_Bane999
  • Like 3

Another update Drizzt is still an unlockable character for whatever reason though the cheat code just doesn't work. Already had someone confirm for me that beating the game does unlock him still as normal. They said as soon as you beta he game and are put in Gauntlet mode just leave and select new game he should be there.

12 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

Yeah just noticed this as well. I'll test the cheat codes now.

Level 20 Character and 75000 gold

Original Cheat:

When in play mode, press L1, R2, Triangle, Left D-Pad, R3 and start simultaneously to instantly make your character 20th level, with 75000 gold, 1000 Health and 1000 Mana, and a minimum of 1 in every feat, including OTHER character specific feats.

Using this cheat causes no experience to be gained past the level obtained.

New Cheat:

Makes Character instantly level 7 with 124 Gold. Health and mana is locked at 150 (resetting the game seems to make the health and mana increase disappear) +1 in all feats.

The level freeze is now permanent not just in the game you started the character on but also in transferring them to a new save. This cheat in the remaster is practically useless now.

Play as Drizzt Do'Urden

Original Cheat:
At the character select screen, hold L1, R1, Triangle, and press X. After you begin your game, he should become a playable character.

New Cheat:

Not currently working in game at the moment. Though I haven't unlocked him naturally and don't know if he's still in the game. He could've been possibly removed due to licensing over his character.

Level Warp & Invincibilty

Original Cheat:

At any time during gameplay, hold L1 + R2 + Left + Triangle and press START. After entering the code correctly, a special menu will appear. Use this menu to access Level Select and Invincibility (God Mode).

New Cheat:

Working exactly as intended same as original. Can be used to access all levels and also Gauntlet. Invincibility works as intended, it also stays on apparently between saves now. I left one and started a new game and the cheat was still active.

Can confirm that using codes does not lock out trophies

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Havok_Knight said:

Can confirm that using codes does not lock out trophies

They definitely do not since the patch yesterday the trophy percentage have actually shot up on PSN.

Also for anyone who was going for this on Xbox as well they haven't recieved an update yet on their side to include the cheats.

19 minutes ago, bikeman223 said:

Looks like we're likely in for more Dark Alliance already.

https://me.ign.com/en/pc/184778/news/baldurs-gate-dark-alliance-2-could-also-get-a-re-release

Dark Alliance 2 was a mess.  The way stats were calculated in the game and the numbers and everything were completely messed up. Like whoever programmed how the game handled numbers messed up big time.

Also, can someone post what the 1.03 patch notes are that came out just a few hours ago?

Edited by drlight66

40 minutes ago, Straight_Edge1 said:

So it's definitel a 1 of 10 difficulty and only needs 1 hour to make it 100%. 

Maybe that's a good thing if many Trophy Hunter buy it the developers will release Dark Alliance 2 without problems.

For 30 Mark? I don't think many will buy it.

I heard back from the publisher through email. They indicated that they 'didn't have enough time to do a proper set of achievements' for either Xbox or PlayStation. I did ask if they will be patching it to make it a 'proper set.' I will keep you updated. I'm not sure what they mean by that or if that even means there will be a Platinum after it's patched or if they even will patch the trophy list.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

I heard back from the publisher through email. They indicated that they 'didn't have enough time to do a proper set of achievements' for either Xbox or PlayStation. I did ask if they will be patching it to make it a 'proper set.' I will keep you updated. I'm not sure what they mean by that or if that even means there will be a Platinum after it's patched or if they even will patch the trophy list.

How do they not have time to make trophies for a game that's 20 years old? 
I could come up with a list in about 30 seconds, kill X boss, kill X enemies, use X spells, drink X potions, beat X dungeon, do X quests. Then shove a platinum on it.
Surely it can't be that hard to add some code where if X is complete trigger X trophy.

Laziness.

19 minutes ago, POEman553 said:

there will be a Platinum after it's patched

I don’t think they will able to do so. As far as I know, after Sony setup your trophy list there is no way to change number of trophies or add platinum to it. Only way to add new trophies is via DLC sets. At less that was what developers of Island Saver told me when I ask them same question year ago.

22 minutes ago, Deadvember said:

How do they not have time to make trophies for a game that's 20 years old? 
I could come up with a list in about 30 seconds, kill X boss, kill X enemies, use X spells, drink X potions, beat X dungeon, do X quests. Then shove a platinum on it.
Surely it can't be that hard to add some code where if X is complete trigger X trophy.

Laziness.

I think it's a combination of several things: 1) Like you said, laziness. 2) incompetence 3) being rushed for time by arbitrary time tables for the game to be released by a certain day ("who cares! I want to get paid!" that someone mentioned earlier) and 4) not giving a shit about trophies despite them being incomplete and not caring that it's missing trophies / doesn't have a Platinum until it's on PSN.

Plus, the gall to charge $30 for a release of a PS2 game long after the PS2 is no longer being produced on a PS4.

5 hours ago, Sikutai said:

For 30 Mark? I don't think many will buy it.

Probs starting it at 30 to get all of the players wanting it for nostalgia, after that wave dies down, it will most likely drop...30 is definitely high for what little was done...i loved the hell out of this game and played it with my brother almost every day for such a long time that i will absolutely be buying this...but i think i can wait a bit longer until the price drops a bit first...i could see me paying 20 for it...just not 30

What's the point of even having trophies when you can just use cheats to get them without even having to try to play decently?  Only way i'll pick this up is if it gets a physical release, largely because the game would freeze on me on the PS2 quite often, especially if i used the sorceress' meteor spell.