No new games or new patches from July on Vita!

jpwbjpwb

Looks like although the vita store in staying up, they are essentially killing it a different way by not allowing any new games or new patches to release!

Terrible move by sony, way to turn the crowd back against you, just after to appeased them from the last outrage.

https://www.psu.com/news/ps-vita-playstation-store-reportedly-set-to-stop-releasing-new-games-despite-staying-open/

Edited by DaivRules
  • Like 2

Just now, darkamdusias said:

Sadly unsurprising, as Sony seems to hate the Vita as much as many of us seem to love it. The system would have done so much better if Sony had actually bothered to give it a chance. 

Ya vita is the red headed step child of Sony.? Treat so bad. But is the best for those who have it.?

So Sony told developers previously that July 2021 would be the deadline for supporting releasing new Vita games or releasing new patches and there is still a deadline of July 2021 to release new Vita games or release new patches?

This is a story somehow?

• Like 4

23 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

So Sony told developers previously that July 2021 would be the deadline for supporting releasing new Vita games or releasing new patches and there is still a deadline of July 2021 to release new Vita games or release new patches?

This is a story somehow?

I guess the expectation from some was that the rollback on the store closure would also mean a rollback on the deadline for releases. 

It seems to me that sony really wants to close the QA teams etc. for vita at this point, as it is likely they cost more than the game revenue.

Just now, jpwbjpwb said:

I guess the expectation from some was that the rollback on the store closure would also mean a rollback on the deadline for releases. 

Sounds like some people really seem to set themselves up for disappointment. I feel a little bad for them.

The whole announcement was only 7 sentences and only said they'd keep the store open, but if you look at the core reason for explain why the stores were going to be closed:

When we initially came to the decision to end purchasing support for PS3 and PS Vita, it was born out of a number of factors, including commerce support challenges for older devices and the ability for us to focus more of our resources on newer devices where a majority of our gamers are playing on. (source)

It is logical that they're trying to reduce the support staff that have to keep dragging the corpse of the Vita through the offices.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

Will patches for older games still be available?

Existing patches will be available. 

but if you were waiting on a patch for a glitched trophy for an old game then you can finally give up that tiny fragment of hope you still had.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jpwbjpwb said:

Existing patches will be available. 

but if you were waiting on a patch for a glitched trophy for an old game then you can finally give up that tiny fragment of hope you still had.

12 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes.

Cheers both of you.

1 hour ago, darkamdusias said:

Sadly unsurprising, as Sony seems to hate the Vita as much as many of us seem to love it. The system would have done so much better if Sony had actually bothered to give it a chance. 

Agreed, especially if they had allowed multiple users and allowed SD cards. 

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

cGBxgm4.jpg

29 minutes ago, Zid960 said:

A few of them aren't 99. 

Grass cutter and Metropoils lux are normal. At least as of now in US store

Are any of these games cross-buy? I check the Vita store and I check the PS4 versions on the Web Store, you can get better deals on the PS4 and am now wondering if purchasing one gets both...