Error 8002A537 PS3 (kicked off of PSN)

I was at the end of Journey (with a companion) and they disappeared. Like, I didn’t lose track of them, they disintegrated. I was confused, until I got to the end of the game a few minutes later and was kicked off of PSN with the above error message. Have seen a few people on twitter tonight post about the same issue. Was wondering if anyone else here had been kicked off PSN, or knew how to fix this. 

Edited by TimeLordCrow13y

2 minutes ago, yuber1234 said:

I'm having the same issue, and I've seen 3 others on this site with it, all from different countries. It's a global issue, so just wait for it to be resolved. You can still earn trophies now and sync them later.

I figured as much. Hope they fix it soon. It’s late here, so I probably will forget about syncing trophies tonight (and I’ll definitely have to forget about syncing the two multiplayer trophies I didn’t get but probably would have gotten upon finishing the game if PSN hadn’t simultaneously crapped out on everyone...ughhh). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Leenewbe said:

yh im getting the same problem with my main but typical, my alts were connecting fine. 1f602.png

just need to wait for it to be sorted i guess.

it was recommended to restore default settings on the ps3 to try and fix it but that didn't work for me.

Yeah, I’d seen that recommendation too, but the system I’m playing on is borrowed from a friend, and although I’m 99% sure doing that won’t mess anything up, I’d rather not do it at all unless I have to. 

I was online mins ago, a friend of mine msg me he can't connect, still he was online for me. hopefully it will be fixed in a few hours.

Oh at least you weren't banned like I thought the title would suggest

4 minutes ago, Slawek1916 said:

I have the same problem on Vita.  When I want to play online I have a 'c1-8879-2' error...

Trying to play anything online at any time on my Vita has it throw a fit.

1 hour ago, Dyna said:

I haven't been able to log on all morning, but just tried again and it was finally successful! Although my friend's list isn't loading. Not a great sign lol

Same for me, just tried it and it worked but my friend's list isn't loading either

I'm getting the same error code and can't log in. Just as I was hoping to download and replay Beyond Good & Evil ?

edit: When I try to start some of my digital games it says that I need to go the store and renew the license. Does that mean that my PS3's CMOS battery is dead?

Edited by Baka_Marimo

Same problem for me since around 0930gmt. I called Sony and they told me to try various things but still no fix. It’s been “escalated”. I’ll post here if they give me any update but I don’t hold out much hope. This same thing happened in 2018 and 2019 and Sony did something on their end to resolve it. It’s just a waiting game for now it seems