Nintendo Direct at E3 2021, June 15

ziggypossum

On 6/2/2021 at 8:33 AM, sealightbreeze said:

I for one, could care less about a new console from them. Hopefully though, whatever games they announce can still be played on the original switch. If not, just my PS4 Pro and PS5 it is 

I'd love a new console from them that wasn't a tablet.

40 minutes ago, Alderriz said:

Still no Bayonetta, but otherwise great Direct. SMTV, BOTW2, Metroid Dread, WarioWare, Advance Wars, Mario Party and more.

Nintendo won E3.

Nintendo Direct would have felt a lot more impactful if the presentation was earlier during E3. Now I feel majority of the things they showed us had already been shown in other publishers' E3 presentations or were things we knew about from earlier Directs. Metroid Dread was a positive surprise I had been secretly hoping for. I was expecting to see Bayonetta 3 at least. 

I personally feel the Xbox + Bethesda presentation was better this time with a slew of great reveals and news about Game Pass additions like Yakuza: Like A Dragon and Hades which I've been waiting to hit the service for a while now. It was also put together very well to hold my interest for the full 90 minutes even when they didn't show Elder Scrolls 6.

• Like 2

What have they done to Advanced Wars my god, looks horrible.

SMT V, nice, though i’m partly satiated by Persona already. 

BotW 2 new powers look interesting, though what I really want to know is if they are going to properly do meaningful dungeons like in previous installments and drop down the breakable weapons bullshit.

This kind of direct could have been made any time of year though, not at an E3. 

8 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I feel majority of the things they showed us had already been shown in other publishers' E3 presentations or were things we knew about from earlier Directs.

Intresting, because I felt the same way during the Microsoft presentation when they spent time on Battlefield and Far Cry.

12 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I was expecting to see Bayonetta 3 at least. 

Yeah, I was sure it was ready to be revealed. I guees not.

13 minutes ago, Eyjabria said:

I personally feel the Xbox + Bethesda presentation was better this time with a slew of great reveals and news about Game Pass additions

I didn't hate the Xbox show actually, but many of the reveals were just CG teasers. 0 gameplay from Starfield, The Outer Worlds 2, and Redfall. Stalker 2 was cool IMO, but it's not exclusive. The best part for me personally was the Forza Horizon 5 reveal, followed by Stalker and Somerville.

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

What have they done to Advanced Wars my god, looks horrible.

SMT V, nice, though i’m partly satiated by Persona already. 

BotW 2 new powers look interesting, though what I really want to know is if they are going to properly do meaningful dungeons like in previous installments and drop down the breakable weapons bullshit.

This kind of direct could have been made any time of year though, not at an E3. 

I also thought Advance Wars looked pretty ehh... cheap mobile gamey with its visuals. I wish they had went with pixel graphics. 
I was astonished they didn't announce "oh, and one more thing... New Nintendo Switch" as I felt like the presentation was dragging like it was holding some kind of really special reveal for the end. No Sports Story shown either. T3T

1 hour ago, Alderriz said:

Intresting, because I felt the same way during the Microsoft presentation when they spent time on Battlefield and Far Cry.

Yeah, I was sure it was ready to be revealed. I guees not.

I didn't hate the Xbox show actually, but many of the reveals were just CG teasers. 0 gameplay from Starfield, The Outer Worlds 2, and Redfall. Stalker 2 was cool IMO, but it's not exclusive. The best part for me personally was the Forza Horizon 5 reveal, followed by Stalker and Somerville.

Forza looked incredible (photo mode heaven), they're even bringing back Eliminator. Age of Empires IV is something my husband is waiting for eagerly. Shredders looked really nice and chill, Replaced, Somerville and Atomic Heart looked interesting as well. Eiyuden Chronicle was great news for JRPG fans, Psychonauts 2 is a highly anticipated title and MS Flight Sim release date for Xbox should excite a lot of people as the game is a technological marvel and just really beautiful. 
I hope Starfield will actually be good as it seems space has been a very trendy theme for the past few years in games and it might be difficult to offer something new and interesting in the setting.

• Like 1

Shin Megami Tensei V looks amazing. I can't wait to see all the demons in 3D living in the environments. I hope the full lust is comparable to IV's list of demons.

I also like the revamped graphics for the Mario Party collection. May pick that up on a Black Friday sale.

23 hours ago, Alantor32 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Switch Pro is never gonna happen? And am I the only one happy with my OG Switch?

You're not the only one. I've always considered it nothing more than an Internet rumor that people try to "wish into existence"... like so much else. Gaming "journalists" pushing the issue means nothing either. We know their lack of integrity.

On 6/14/2021 at 5:29 PM, Alantor32 said:

Am I the only one who thinks Switch Pro is never gonna happen? And am I the only one happy with my OG Switch?

I had hoped for it, but I've decided to get a Switch this fall, regardless of whether it's real or not. Yes, have Lite, but I want the main model. 

On another note, I'm super excited I was able to preorder this. This was my third attempt. I wasn't quick enough on the first two. A bit pricey? Yes, but I regret nothing!

71pbWqRIRqS._SL1432_.jpg?width=838&heigh

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

SMT V looks absolutely incredible, that was probably the most impressive part of the direct in my opinion.

I’m glad we finally got to see footage for Breath of the Wild 2. I’m really looking forward to that next year.

Mario Party Superstars is the first Mario Party game I’ve been interested in getting in many years. Hopefully the online multiplayer ends up not being a complete shit show of lag.

That was pretty much it as far as games that interested me from the direct.

I remember back on Nintendo 64 being stoked for the newest Mario party but over the years the hype has died. I think online play and just overall better performance on the other consoles did that for me.

it’s cool seeing so many people still supporting them though! Glad everyone seemed to have enjoyed the show! :D 

59 minutes ago, The Titan said:

Defiantly trying Fatal Frame. Been looking at it and wishing for a western release. Nintendo won E3 imo

The first 3 Fatal Frame games are available in US psn store, btw

As for the Nin Direct - I've been waiting for so long and they still didn't show Bayonetta 3, I'm sad.

1 minute ago, ziggypossum said:

The first 3 Fatal Frame games are available in US psn store, btw

Thats cool but I wanted to play it on a Nintendo console. I played Spirit Camera on 3DS and that was cool so I want that same experience but on Switch.

• Like 1

@Eyjabria

The more you look at the Advanced Wars gameplay the more it grows..., will probably pick it up anyway ?

Given their actual route I now think it’s far more probable that a Golden Sun remaster is announced rather than a new game, well, I just hope is the trilogy if thats the case.

I’m one of the few that actually thinks the PRO is just a rumor, but who knows.

• Like 1

On 6/15/2021 at 6:53 PM, MidnightDragon said:

I had hoped for it, but I've decided to get a Switch this fall, regardless of whether it's real or not. Yes, have Lite, but I want the main model. 

On another note, I'm super excited I was able to preorder this. This was my third attempt. I wasn't quick enough on the first two. A bit pricey? Yes, but I regret nothing!

71pbWqRIRqS._SL1432_.jpg?width=838&heigh

@MidnightDragon Nice. What's the price? Probably out of my range but I have to know. And congrats on the upgrade from Switch Lite to Switch! Metrid Dread is the one I'll likely go for out of what was announced. Not that I would shun the others but you get my point.

@BlackTorito I've always considered this "Switch Pro" rumor to be false... like so many others. The rumor began in 2018 but only picked up momentum in 2020 (wonder why). Not to mention "Pro" still has to be a Sony trademark. Not that it couldn't be named something else but you get my point. It definitely makes me unpopular on the Internet... not that I ever cared about such things mind you.

54 minutes ago, Icebrand1270 said:

@MidnightDragon Nice. What's the price? Probably out of my range but I have to know. And congrats on the upgrade from Switch Lite to Switch! Metrid Dread is the one I'll likely go for out of what was announced. Not that I would shun the others but you get my point.

It was $90 US. A bit much, yea, but still not too bad for what it is. Especially since it's going for $200 or more on eBay. The amiibos are going for more. I didn't try for them at the time. I could try again a second time. The game was the priority..

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 1

On 13/06/2021 at 8:30 PM, whodeygamer said:

Give me a Bayonetta 3 update, 

Typically in Nintendo style, today they commented it was progressing along smoothly, but that they wish fans wouldn't keep asking for info as they dont have anything to share at this time.

To that I say fuck Nintendo, they're the idiots who clearly showed it early. As well as BotW2, Metroid Prime 4. etc. So they deserve to be pestered by fans. Serves them right. 

as for an upgraded switch they said "we decide when technology has advanced enough if we need to implement it or expand upon our hardware whether thats new tech or not".

Way to avoid answering, basically Nintendo probably won't have a 4k model until there is a new Nintendo console. Hopefully that isn't continuing to try to innovate shit. Have a normal fucking controller. A HOME console. 

take switch on the go and have fun charging it every 2 hours. lol.

44 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

It was $90 US. A bit much, yea, but still not too bad for what it is. Especially since it's going for $200 or more on eBay. The amiibos are going for more. I didn't try for them at the time. I could try again a second time. The game was the priority..

its not available in Canada yet cause this country sucks, but i have to DNU ordered which could be anything. Apparently they're the Dread collector editions. We can't even Preorder Dying Light 2 or Diablo 2 yet. Its stupid. 

On 15/06/2021 at 6:14 PM, ziggypossum said:

As for the Nin Direct - I've been waiting for so long and they still didn't show Bayonetta 3, I'm sad.

https://www.ign.com/articles/bayonetta-3-progressing-well-despite-no-e3-showing

basically Nintendo: "quit asking us" 

On 6/2/2021 at 11:33 AM, sealightbreeze said:

I for one, could care less about a new console from them. Hopefully though, whatever games they announce can still be played on the original switch. If not, just my PS4 Pro and PS5 it is 

Samezees

i was in love with my switch

but idk, i just kinda turned away from it

the eshop is littered with the worst shit imaginable and they hardly ever put there 1st party nintendo games at a reasonable sale price

• Like 1