[NA] Playstation Indies Sale | Ends 6/19

Neocarleen

12 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Another sale, another hard pass.

You’re always saying you like a challenging but good indie game - Both Curse of the Dead Gods and Dead Cells are in this sale, and both fit the bill I think, along with Nex, which you were asking about in my ranking thread ?

Also, Outer Wilds (while not as much of a challenge) is one of the true greats, and worth a play for sure!

• Like 4

On 6/4/2021 at 9:32 AM, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Waiting endlessly for Granblue Fantasy Versus

Shut up idiot, WUPPO IS ON SALE FOR $2.50 WHO CARES ABOUT GBFV YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Unironically stoked, I got so interested in this game recently and now its price is down 90%!

@Trumpet_Boi_208 @roosta_141 looks like your guide is gonna get some good use! By me anyway lol

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Shut up idiot, WUPPO IS ON SALE FOR $2.50 WHO CARES ABOUT GBFV YEEEEEEEHAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

Unironically stoked, I got so interested in this game recently and now its price is down 90%!

@Trumpet_Boi_208 @roosta_141 looks like your guide is gonna get some good use! By me anyway lol

Great to see you’re giving Wuppo a try! Give us a holler if you have any concerns, and we’ll help you in anyway we can!

Edited by Trumpet_Boi_208
  • Like 2

On 6/5/2021 at 9:22 PM, AJ_Radio said:

Another sale, another hard pass.

If you're looking for a challenge on a game infrequently discussed, perhaps check out Spooky Chase or Savage Halloween.  Each has an exceedingly rare plat and seems fun, and are curiously inexpensive.  

Edited by IntroPhenom
  • Like 2

Trailmakers for 17$ is the lowest I've seen it; pretty fun game so far although it definitely has that indie jank. Would be a 6/10 if not for the being able to build any kind of car, boat, or plane that you want, which is badass as all fuck. Hand of Fate has been on my 'play eventually' list forever, as has Holy Potatoes?! A Weapon Shop, and they were both cheap enough to justify buying; then I found Lair of the Clockwork God, a successor to the classic Ben There, Dan That games of my youth and I couldn't not buy it.

Overall an incredible sale, just wish I had more money to spend.

On 05/06/2021 at 8:28 AM, ScarecrowsFate said:

Haven't spent this much on a sale in quite some time.

The Messenger

Minoria

Foregone

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero

Super Skelemania

Aragami: Shadow Edition (already played this during a PS Now trial, but I wanted the DLC)

Super rare for most of these to drop into all-time lowest price territory.

The Messenger is an absolute gem of a game, enjoy! 

• Like 1

Having gotten back into games lately, I've been wanting a couple of games that would serve as a breather to do in-between games whenever I need a break before I get too stressed or bored of the ones I'm currently playing. So I'm looking to pick up a couple during this sale- any good recommendations?

Don't want anything that's too hard as that would defeat the purpose of taking a break- nor dumbly easy and/or pointless games like My Name is Mayo. Plat isn't a requirement, and it's fine if it'll take some time to finish like ~10-20 hours or so. Some of those 'breather' games I've done in past that I enjoyed were 101 Ways to Die and APOTHEON; both were simple but fun to do. On the other end of spectrum, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was a borefest.

On another note, CrossCode unexpectedly caught my interest, it reminds me a lot of Crystalis but with updated & modernized combat system. so I think I'm gonna grab it.

48 minutes ago, darkalphar said:

Having gotten back into games lately, I've been wanting a couple of games that would serve as a breather to do in-between games whenever I need a break before I get too stressed or bored of the ones I'm currently playing. So I'm looking to pick up a couple during this sale- any good recommendations?

Don't want anything that's too hard as that would defeat the purpose of taking a break- nor dumbly easy and/or pointless games like My Name is Mayo. Plat isn't a requirement, and it's fine if it'll take some time to finish like ~10-20 hours or so. Some of those 'breather' games I've done in past that I enjoyed were 101 Ways to Die and APOTHEON; both were simple but fun to do. On the other end of spectrum, Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was a borefest.

On another note, CrossCode unexpectedly caught my interest, it reminds me a lot of Crystalis but with updated & modernized combat system. so I think I'm gonna grab it.

I just finished playing through Yooka-Laylee and the Impossible Lair. Bought it a while back on sale but noticed it's on sale again this time at 70% of the original price. If you ever liked the Donkey Kong Country games, this one's a no-brainer, it's a great game and not too difficult if you're somewhat decent at platformers. Another one I recommend is The Messenger, also on sale (and I've written an in-depth trophy guide for this one!). 

15 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

The Messenger is an absolute gem of a game, enjoy! 

It really looks outstanding. I just can't get my fill of action-platforming games (my favorite)!

Addendum: I also picked up Savage Halloween for only 49 cents. Appears to be a very solid run and gun, a bit reminiscent of Metal Slug. I love when shooters allow you to fire in 8 directions, and it seems this one does.

Edited by ScarecrowsFate
  • Like 1

On 6/6/2021 at 6:22 AM, Arcesius said:

Get at least Nex Machina dude!

I didn't see it there. Already bought, you cannot argue with that low price tag.

22 hours ago, darkalphar said:

Apotheon was good, would of liked it more were it not for the constant crashing. Every other time I opened a chest the game would crash to the XMB.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture was utterly painful to slog through. It's because of that is why I've mostly stayed the fuck away from walking simulators. Just not my kind of games.

8 hours ago, roosta_141 said:

Give Wuppo a go! Guaranteed you won’t regret it, and it’s only like $2 or something 

I'll have to check it out.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ScarecrowsFate said:

It really looks outstanding. I just can't get my fill of action-platforming games (my favorite)!

Addendum: I also picked up Savage Halloween for only 49 cents. Appears to be a very solid run and gun, a bit reminiscent of Metal Slug. I love when shooters allow you to fire in 8 directions, and it seems this one does.

I don't usually overhype games but The Messenger deserves every bit of praise it gets. I feel you, I love action-plaformers and metroidvanias, can never get enough. 

I bought Savage Halloween too ?  looked like a lot of fun for that cheap. Along with Dead Dungeon (just beat it), Hyper Light Drifter, Super Meat Boy, Dogurai, Wuppo and Spooky Chase (another super cheap one). All up cost a little over $17 AUD, I loved this sale. Thinking of buying Nex Machina to add to my library too. 

On 2021-06-04 at 7:07 AM, arcanehornet_ said:

I’ve been wanting to play Night in the Woods for some time...is it any good?

I had it on my wishlist for ages and was so excited when it was given away for free on the Epic Games Store back in December. Got bored after 42 minutes. Maybe I was just overhyping the game. But clearly Bittersweet enjoyed it, so you might too :)

On 2021-06-05 at 7:02 PM, Bittersweet said:

At first glance it comes off like Hipster-The Game, but its themes of anxiety/depression, examining relationships around you, and (to a certain extent) existentialism hit me in all the right places. The art direction is quite cute and the world is wonderfully detailed. It's not an action heavy game and the themes might not be for everyone, but I quite liked it.

• Like 2

i found some more artifex mundi games: had to look through the list and then i search em up. 

Demon Hunter: Revelation (ps4)

Skyland: Heart Of The Mountain. (ps4)

gotta make room for those.

edit: looks like skyland gives the ps4/ps5 version.

Edited by kingdrake2

19 hours ago, visighost said:

Hi, my name is visighost and I have a compulsory buying problem. I've picked up 90 games from the sale up to now...

I have obviously not tried them all, but had a lot of fun with those I have. Information on most is fairly sparse, but ping me if you'd like a short review on any one in particular, chances are I have it in the backlog...

Jesus, that's quite a bit, yeah. If I had more money I'd probably join you; if you're willing to look (e.g. do independent research) you can find a lot of hidden gems, and this game has a tremendous amount of them. So far I think I've bought about ten or so.

I picked up Drawngeon as well; seems like a charming game and was cheap enough to justify a yeet purchase.

Can anyone here recommend me some games that are relaxing or mysterious or just like walking simulators on sale? Also games that are point and click like ah alawar games Thank you! And no games with super hard puzzles I get dizzy just thinking about it!

30 minutes ago, ChocoDoc1 said:

Can anyone here recommend me some games that are relaxing or mysterious or just like walking simulators on sale? Also games that are point and click like ah alawar games Thank you! And no games with super hard puzzles I get dizzy just thinking about it!

I find all Deponia games (Deponia, Chaos on Deponia, Goodbye Deponia) relaxing, except Deponia Doosmday. That game has a pesky trophy that requires you to grind for 2-3 hours. Also, Sea of Solitude is easy to play and has Legend of Zelda-esque artstyle. :)

I would also recommend that you buy Mark of the Ninja: Remastered and Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 if only they were on sale. :lol:

• Like 1