Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

Blood Dragon was awesome, would totally go for a remaster (at 60fps on PS5, of course). Wish Ubisoft would patch 3, 4, 5 and New Dawn for PS5 as well- or, better yet, Sony would do something similar to Xbox's FPS Boost- they'd look stellar at 60fps. Guess I'll have to settle for them on Series X some day.

Edited by Stan Lee
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

A typical low-effort move by Ubisoft. Giving away an eight year old game as part of a season pass is just beyond me.

It’s a Remaster…doubt it was “low effort”. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

It’s a Remaster…

That doesn't make things better. The game was made BC for XBONE years ago and the Steam version already had mods for 4K support. Like I said, a low-effort move.

Edited by R4M Jolly Monk
  • Like 1

That explains why it wasn't attached to Far Cry 3: Classic like it should have been. Honestly not excited for this move. Blood Dragon was cool...but it's like a 2 hour game that was nothing more than fun little parody expansion. If they said Far Cry 2 remastered was coming with this season pass, then that would be something to give them praise for. 

Meh...FC6 is already in the "wait for a sale" pile. This season pass is a huge maybe even later down the road. 

4 minutes ago, Dan-lives-here said:

Blood dragon was over rated. I liked the weapons but the Dino grind at the end sucked.

You mean the trophy?

I would play that game again.

9 hours ago, R4M Jolly Monk said:

That doesn't make things better. The game was made BC for XBONE years ago and the Steam version already had mods for 4K support. Like I said, a low-effort move.

But it’s not playable on the newer PlayStation consoles, just because you play on Xbox doesn’t mean everybody does. 

9 hours ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Too be honest, there has been some low effort remasters coming from Ubisoft. Just look at Assassins Creed 3. 

I don’t disagree with that one actually, never played it but I’ve heard and read plenty about it. 

9 hours ago, nyarLOLhotep said:

I honestly cannot tell if this is sarcasm or not.

Lol it’s not, despite what people think, Remasters aren’t as simple to develop as everyone thinks. 

8 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

Remasters are typically pretty low effort, yes.

Umm…no they aren’t, maybe to you, someone that that probably has no knowledge of actual game development. Ports are simple, remasters are more complex, depending on how much work is put into redoing everything in the game. 

Edited by DarkHpokinsn

3 minutes ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

Umm…no they aren’t, maybe to you, someone that that probably has no knowledge of actual game development. 

They're low effort. Low effort does not mean sitting on a couch and pressing a button on your remote, low effort means that you put in a small amount of effort relative to the amount of effort that you have the capability to put in. Remasters are low effort.

• Like 1

Cool news. Beat the game back in the day and loved it, and I actually finally did 100% completion just a few days ago. It's up there with Bioshock 2's Minerva's Den as my favorite expansion.

I would rather have a sequel though, which Blood Dragon even set up perfectly. Not sure why that hasn't happened yet, as it would surely make money.

BTW, it looks like there's going to be an animated series on Netflix:

1 hour ago, DarkHpokinsn said:

But it’s not playable on the newer PlayStation consoles, just because you play on Xbox doesn’t mean everybody does. 

I don’t disagree with that one actually, never played it but I’ve heard and read plenty about it. 

Lol it’s not, despite what people think, Remasters aren’t as simple to develop as everyone thinks. 

Umm…no they aren’t, maybe to you, someone that that probably has no knowledge of actual game development. Ports are simple, remasters are more complex, depending on how much work is put into redoing everything in the game. 

Here; 

Remaster: A remaster is a type of port where the original game is updated to work on newer systems and with better performance. The developer uses most of the original code (if they can) and usually just improves the textures and framerates but keeps the game mostly intact otherwise.

So yes it is low effort.