Millions possibly all PS3 console IDs leaked causing consoles to be banned

GUDGER666

5 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You should really contact Sony. At the very least, you'll be bringing the problem to their attention. If enough people do that, then perhaps they'll actually do something about it.

Also, if you contact them now, and it happens again, it will lend more credibility to your claims. Rather than on the second or third time when it becomes a permanent ban. Since if your ID was taken, they can just use it again when it gets unbanned.

I second this. There's really no reason to not contact them, especially if OP doesn't get any email detailing why their console was banned. That's grounds enough to contact them to ask what's up in my book.

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

No, that’s not accurate. Console bans can be for just as long as account bans. People just usually wait out the temporary console bans, instead of offloading their console like with a permanent ban. 

Had no idea, my mistake.

• Like 1

Yea this won't happen to everyone all at once, and most probably won't get this issue, the amount of people affected will be very low right now, I'm just bringing this to everyone's attention. If you search PS3 console ID leak these are the first 2 results Here and Here

2 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Yea this won't happen to everyone all at once, and most probably won't get this issue, the amount of people affected will be very low right now, I'm just bringing this to everyone's attention. If you search PS3 console ID leak these are the first 2 results Here and Here

Luckily, we can get an accurate and reliable test sample size from people here. So far it looks like you are the only one affected and although that’s rough for you, it shows it’s not as widespread as it could be if the accusation that all PS3 console IDs have been leaked and Sony will eradicate them all from PSN so no one can play any PS3 games or retrieve their purchases ever again is accurate.

We also happen to know the PS3 sold close to or over 100 million consoles so even if a couple million IDs were banned, that’s only 1-2% of the consoles. 

I await your response from Sony security to see what more information they can give. Thankfully they are generally better than the level 1 customer support people. 

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

Both those links use the same video you mentioned as their source, and the video of which... Doesn't seem to have any source? Not saying it's fake, but there isn't really a lot to go on to 100% confirm that PS3 CIDs have been leaked.

As unlikely as it is, it could be someone used some random combination of numbers that turned out to be the same as your CID, which got your console banned. Obviously it would be more likely if they directly knew your CID, but a lot or all PS3 CIDs being leaked is also a very unlikely scenario I'd imagined.

Either way, I recommend contacting Sony about this. As others have said, it will hopefully at least bring it to their attention if nothing else. Hope you get your console unbanned soon.

10 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Thank you for contributing your scare mongering. That’s really helpful to see if there is any actual evidence of this happening. Can you at least check your PS3?

I'm just being honest. I'm not here to gain support or have anybody upvote my posts. I'm checking my PS3 as I'm typing this.

EDIT: Just turned on my PS3 and I got a notification about a system update.

Edited by AJ_Radio
Update 4.88

10 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

You should really contact Sony. At the very least, you'll be bringing the problem to their attention. If enough people do that, then perhaps they'll actually do something about it.

Also, if you contact them now, and it happens again, it will lend more credibility to your claims. Rather than on the second or third time when it becomes a permanent ban. Since if your ID was taken, they can just use it again when it gets unbanned.

The only way i can contact them is through email. I never have credit on my phone as i never use credit. And from the multiple times I've tried its very difficult to get in contact with them as they make it so difficult. I mean just look at This. It says how to connect PlayStation support.... Yet nothing about how to contact them. 

I call BS. I think Sony just wants an excuse to kill the PS3 while making the fans think they're doing them a favour.

I got 3 PS3 games left to do, and they're all fighting games so I didn't want to do them back to back. Guess I should consider it though. -_-

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

The only way i can contact them is through email. I never have credit on my phone as i never use credit. And from the multiple times I've tried its very difficult to get in contact with them as they make it so difficult. I mean just look at This. It says how to connect PlayStation support.... Yet nothing about how to contact them. 

You should be able to contact them through their live chat service. It'll likely put you through to a bot initially, as all those web chats do, but you should be able to get through to a human eventually.

15 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Both those links use the same video you mentioned as their source, and the video of which... Doesn't seem to have any source? Not saying it's fake, but there isn't really a lot to go on to 100% confirm that PS3 CIDs have been leaked.

It was more for the comments, one saying they know of someone who has 500k IDs. And like i said i have seen many people the past few weeks saying they have been banned for no reason, some recently on Reddit like This from last week. I don't see what could be causing this other than a console ID leak. The only thing I've done since i used my PS3 a few hours ago is buy 16 PS4 games. 

It's useless to test your PS3s right now.

If the leak is true (as apparently is) it is terrible news for us who still play on our beloved PS3s.

The whole issue comes that CFW/HFW users eventually are banned by Sony when the servers detect unusual activity from their modded console, when that happens, that given console can't access PSN anymore, however modders can spoof a new IDPS (it needs to be obtained from an actual PS3, it's basically a secret key that allows PSN to recognize your PS3 as a legit one).

If a list with all IDPS has been leaked, it's a matter of time that some banned CFW hacker will decide to randomly pick a new IDPS to unban his PS3 and if it's yours by chance, say goodbye to your legit unmodded PS3, because now PSN thinks that hacked PS3 is actually yours.

There's also a risk that PSN might ban your main account if it detects it's the most used on the banned console (thankfully the most probable situation is just the hacker's account being banned, sadly together with your console).

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It was more for the comments, one saying they know of someone who has 500k IDs. And like i said i have seen many people the past few weeks saying they have been banned for no reason, some recently on Reddit like This from last week. I don't see what could be causing this other than a console ID leak. The only thing I've done since i used my PS3 a few hours ago is buy 16 PS4 games. 

That someone doesn't really have any source either. The Reddit post you linked to seems like it could have been the person's account got hacked, as they mention in an update in the comments that their old password was "incorrect" when they tried changing it.

This is going to be one of those things where either more information comes out pointing to evidence of CIDs leaking, or one of those things that kinda just gets forgotten and no one will really ever know if it was true or not, aside from maybe a few more people having their consoles banned.

It is worrying nonetheless and hopefully this doesn't become any more widespread.

9 minutes ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

You should be able to contact them through their live chat service. It'll likely put you through to a bot initially, as all those web chats do, but you should be able to get through to a human eventually.

Its 4.30am I don't think they are available. 

9 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Is this something that's happened in the past 48 hours? I don't really feel like going through all my PS3s (at least two need a FW update).

Been happening since April but because most people don't use PS3 or not much they don't even know they got banned. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

Been happening since April

I've used two different PS3s this week, and had zero issues going online, using the store, or downloading/updating games.

• Like 1

Looking into it, people having their PS3 systems banned for seemingly no reason is something that has been going on for years. Not including people that obviously do knowingly use CFW, some have been banned due to getting the console pre-owned, some have been banned due to their PSN account being hacked, some never seem to get any kind of answer as to why they were banned, and perhaps most interestingly, some getting banned due to their HDD or disc drive motherboard failing, apparently.

I don't know how true that last one is of course, just as no one really knows how true it is that PS3 CIDs have been leaked. Either way, console bans happening on PS3 for seemingly no reason are nothing new, and seeing as there doesn't seem to have been a massive spike of people getting their consoles banned since April, and there's really no way to know why people have had their consoles banned since then (unless it was obviously stated), there's only speculation to go on.

Edited by SuperSmexy500

My other PS3 signs in fine. Non of my accounts are banned and i got no email saying i have been banned. Don't even think i want to sign back in on that console. If my account got banned when I've done nothing wrong i would go crazy. Tbh this has put me right off playing PS3 again.