Millions possibly all PS3 console IDs leaked causing consoles to be banned

GUDGER666

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

The only way i can contact them is through email. I never have credit on my phone as i never use credit. And from the multiple times I've tried its very difficult to get in contact with them as they make it so difficult. I mean just look at This. It says how to connect PlayStation support.... Yet nothing about how to contact them. 

Then send an email? I don't understand the problem. It's not difficult to send an email, and at this point, you've lost a PS3. I would think that a little hassle would be worth a console.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Then send an email? I don't understand the problem. It's not difficult to send an email, and at this point, you've lost a PS3. I would think that a little hassle would be worth a console.

I did 2hrs ago... the problem with email is they can reply weeks later and they are beyond useless. I really don't care about the console, I'm only bothered about it affecting my account. 

13 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

2 dead connector controllers i have (randomly self inputs commands)

They're probably dirty on the inside and need to be cleaned or the padding inside has worn out and needs additional support (like paper) or a replacement.

1 minute ago, GUDGER666 said:

I did 2hrs ago... the problem with email is they can reply weeks later and they are beyond useless. I really don't care about the console, I'm only bothered about it affecting my account. 

Contact them through their live chat on Monday if you can if you're still having issues. Maybe just contact them regardless to see if they can see what's up. Sony is going to know a lot more than any of us here, even if some of the customer reps can be kinda useless. Try getting through to another one if you can if who ever you get in contact with first isn't helpful.

5 minutes ago, nestamar5 said:

They're probably dirty on the inside and need to be cleaned or the padding inside has worn out and needs additional support (like paper) or a replacement.

yeah that's what it is. i dont have the screw kits. 

They sat in a box in my room since i moved out in 2015. And aside from 1 or 2 random games its not been touched lmao. joysticks are sticky too. definitely needs work..The controllers just deteriorate i guess.

and i do take care of consoles. 

3 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

Back in April This was posted on YouTube talking about the leak. Its in Spanish.  Since then i have seen an increase in people saying they have been banned when they have done nothing. Also seen people saying they have seen an increase in people selling PS3 IDs for cheap. 

The main thing I'm seeing and hearing is the response from Sony is the console was banned for hacking and exploiting. So basically their PS3 IDs are used, probably for online hacking and the console was banned. 

This has just happened to me now, tried to sign in and it says the console has being banned or temporarily suspended. My account is fine i can log in on my other PS3, but my main PS3 has got a ban. I signed in fine about 2 hours ago and all i did was use Netflix. 

This is very worrying, if its true that console IDs have been leaked then over the next few months i think we will see a huge increase in this happening, I can't think of what Sony could do to stop this issue?  If its not a console ID leak then what the hell is going on? 

That sucks, and yes I feel like I had heard something familiar potentially. Soon I will test my console as DaivRules suggests to do, planned to play PS3 today anyways and have not for a few weeks,

54 minutes ago, grifteskymfning said:

Nine of my PS3:s worked, but so far two did not. Still have a few to test, but yeah, this seems to totally be a thing to worry about.

Well that's definitely not good. I think the next questions to start asking if more banned PS3s are discovered are "what are their models?" and "were they bought pre-owned?". I still don't really know how a mass PS3 CID leak would occur, but it would be interesting to know if it may be isolated to certain models/years of the PS3 or something.

52 minutes ago, KenjiCBZ said:

Mine still works but God, I'm worried

Same, I've already been worried for the longest time that they might shut down PSN capabilities for the PS3 before I'm done playing everything, now I potentially have to worry about this too.

Also, @GUDGER666 it may be worth also posting this elsewhere, such as reddit or something. Would give it more visibility and more opportunities for people to report if they've faced the same problem. The more people know about it, the better chances there are of getting more info on this, and hopefully of Sony taking notice and hopefully taking appropriate action should this affect enough people.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Shadiochao said:

What do you mean by PS3 ID? Their PSN account, or something related to PS3 hardware?

its similar to when a computer gets banned for their ip address. its a number addressed to identify your console

think of it this way, each ps3 has its own serial number (unique id). if that console does something wrong like modding, the serial number is reported to sony. and everytime it boots up something and connects to the network, the network does a check on the serial number and says yup this one is banned. 

About an hour ago from this post I spent about 45-50 minutes browsing the PS Store on my Slim PS3. This was without any ban/suspension messages.

Edited by PMV