The Walking Dead

Dreakon139

It didn't feel like a finale to me either but damn, it was so good. I wasn't expecting Andrea's death but that bitch got on my nerves this season ... and the previous two <_< 

Just as long as Daryl is alive, I'm happy :eyebrow:

For me it was a rather normal episode, I think I had too high expectations with the illusion that they were building their way into something as explosive as other finales.

But it wasn't bad, not at all... oh, and

The Governor becomes crazier with each episode! That was unexpected and... crazy, crap!

And I was expecting Andrea's death since she choose to not stab the Governor with that knife in his bed - right after that scene I said to myself: she will die. Didn't expect Milton to die however, I was imagining him reuniting with Hershel and getting into the group

I think the ending was perfect when you compare it with the rest of the season. The season for the most part was chaotic, so a finale representing perhaps a calm before another storm was nice. I'm interested to see how the newer entries integrate with the group, plus Carl's development will be the thing to watch for next season. Overall, this was most definitely the strongest outing for the series, bar a few constant errors being present; developing characters before they die; wholly under-developed characters that are just there; a couple of completely fluctuating characters; and the occasional nonsensical dialogue. 

I do feel like they ruined Rick this season though, when he was going to give michonne to the govenor it made us see how much he has change. He seems to be redeeming himself towards the end though to maybe the next season will bring back normal Rick.

Cant stand Karl, but his attitude is understandable.

I think it would of been good if Merle stuck around and actually intergrated into the group.

I just read that the actress who plays Andrea didnt know she was going out of it until a few days before shooting! I wonder if she was gonna survive before?

Hope Maggie takes her place as the old andrea though, badass.

yeh huge fan of the series! :D I read the comics to start with but really like the t.v show as well and how story elements are different in the t.v series, and the telltale video game is awesome!!!! :D It's like everything it touches turns to gold!

However just waiting for the walking dead survival instinct game and heard its pretty mediocre but it has the voice of daryl and merl! So i'll have to see :P

yeh huge fan of the series! :D I read the comics to start with but really like the t.v show as well and how story elements are different in the t.v series, and the telltale video game is awesome!!!! :D It's like everything it touches turns to gold!

However just waiting for the walking dead survival instinct game and heard its pretty mediocre but it has the voice of daryl and merl! So i'll have to see :P

Yes after the first sentence I was going to mention survival instinct. Must be the exception that confirms the rule :P

Not much of a finale in my opinion, but that's the Walking Dead for you.  There is no real progress or resolution, just scratching and clawing to make it through each day.  I really wanted the Governor to die but I guess this will just continue to serve as building up hatred for him (Like Joffrey in GoT)  Where the hell did the gov'ner go anyways?! 

Things i'd like to see next season:

1. Get the HELL out of that prision!  (Why the hell would those town folk go to the prison at the end?!  Why not the other way around?) 

2. Find out what exactly caused zombification (Full disclosure I never saw the 1st episode so if that was explained - I apologize for the noobishness)

3. Make some sort of ground breaking progress as to some ideas to reverse or eliminate the effects of zombification,

4. Get some more hot chicks in there (I know, I know...so sue me!) 

5. Kill Glen...just kidding :ninja:

• Like 1

Not much of a finale in my opinion, but that's the Walking Dead for you.  There is no real progress or resolution, just scratching and clawing to make it through each day.  I really wanted the Governor to die but I guess this will just continue to serve as building up hatred for him (Like Joffrey in GoT)  Where the hell did the gov'ner go anyways?! 

Things i'd like to see next season:

1. Get the HELL out of that prision!  (Why the hell would those town folk go to the prison at the end?!  Why not the other way around?) 

2. Find out what exactly caused zombification (Full disclosure I never saw the 1st episode so if that was explained - I apologize for the noobishness)

3. Make some sort of ground breaking progress as to some ideas to reverse or eliminate the effects of zombification,

4. Get some more hot chicks in there (I know, I know...so sue me!) 

5. Kill Glen...just kidding :ninja:

I thought the same thing about the prison! I thought i read somwhere that season 3 would be the end of the prison arc, but it made it look like it was going to continue. I also read that they have no intention of going back to times before zombies to view how it all happened, i dont think its explained in the comic either?

To be honest i dont think finding a cure is what the walking dead is about, to me its just about surviving, no cure as such, but who knows.

I think you were correct about Killing Glen haha, he was so annoying when Maggie got assaulted! Plus they turned it into a snogfest for the first half of the season.

• Like 1

I was just happy a certain character I couldn't stand since the beginning finally got a huge hole in her head.

Especially when the gov left her in that James Bond scenario I was like oh man what a stupid jip there's no way she's gonna die this isn't even suspensful at all and Rick and the gang all bust in to save her and there she is and I'm all yup and then bamb huge zombie bite haha saweeeeeet you really teased me TWD but in the end you delivered :yay:

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I had never even heard fo the graphic novels until the show was released. Is the series stying close to the printed version then?

I know in the case of True Blood, they went way, way....way off the original books.

I've just finished Book 2 and started Book 3 of the comics and IMHO they are pretty different. But not a bad different. The show has combined some characters from the comics or changed when they come and go into the story. But i think the show does a good job at telling a story with a similar feel and with similar themes and such. There are things I like and dislike about both the comics and the show. I would recommend reading the comics as you watch the show. Keep in mind that the comics have gone a lot farther story wise than the show has.

• 3 weeks later...

Not much to talk about right right now being as how we're in between seasons but I just discovered the webisodes that show Hannah's (the half a zombie Rick mercy kills in the 1st episode) origin story.  If anyone out there doesn't know about them yet there's 6 episodes total that are 3-5 minutes long.  Nothing ground breaking or anything but still interesting.  Worth checking out if you're into hunting for a little extra lore :)

Not much to talk about right right now being as how we're in between seasons but I just discovered the webisodes that show Hannah's (the half a zombie Rick mercy kills in the 1st episode) origin story.  If anyone out there doesn't know about them yet there's 6 episodes total that are 3-5 minutes long.  Nothing ground breaking or anything but still interesting.  Worth checking out if you're into hunting for a little extra lore :)

I watched them a while ago, like you said nothing special but they are interesting.

• 3 months later...

game of thrones for me

I'm not a fan of that show at all. My brother let me borrow the first season and I just couldn't get into it. It is too slow for me but maybe it picks up in later seasons. Plus, I wasn't a fan of most of the characters. 

Parker

I'm not a fan of that show at all. My brother let me borrow the first season and I just couldn't get into it. It is too slow for me but maybe it picks up in later seasons. Plus, I wasn't a fan of most of the characters. 

Parker

i had tried to watch it when it first came out, i could not get in to it either. After all the hype though, i tried again, best thing i could of done, great show

Try again, you have nothing to loose

• 4 weeks later...