8 PS Now games have shown up today as leaving in just 5 days

GUDGER666

14 minutes ago, leandrorhcp said:

This. I understand why PSNow and GamePass appeal to some people, but I could never, ever see myself playing games on a rush just to get it done before it's gone from the service.

Yea I'm just not doing that, i hate rushing games. PS Now is turning into what shall i play next before it possibly leaves. I really need to just play all the games i want and then just let the sub expire. It's always PS4 games that leave, PS3 games are leaving now so the PS3 section is probably just gonna end up with non as they don't add them anymore. 

Edited by GUDGER666

I wonder why they do that? Most people have jobs or school. Or both. We don't have time to play 24/7 and that is honestly not fair to subscribers who pay for the premium service. I don't like to rush games either. I like to enjoy every aspect of the game when I am playing. Rushing it like that takes all the fun out of it. At least for me 

• Like 3

Twisted Metal is a first party game so it's weird that it's leaving. I mean, I can see why they don't want to make first party games that still sell millions of copies like God of War and Horizon permanent to the service but Twisted Metal can't sell copies in the hundreds every year so it's not like Sony is bleeding cash by people playing it on PS Now instead. 

Uh-ooh ...PS3 games being pulled? Once they leave, they never come back. It happened with Dead Rising 2: OtR. Once it was removed, I was not able to play it again until I got my PS3 recently and bought a copy. 

It also happened to me with GoW 3 (PS3). I had finished the story portion on PS Now but didn't get to do a 2nd playthrough as it was removed and replaced by the remastered version.

My number one reason to subscribe to PS Now would be to access the PS3 titles, without these games I won’t subscribe.

Not like I can anyway as it’s been years since the service was first introduced and I’ve yet to see it come to my country/region. Is Australia just not good enough for Sony vs. various EU countries (eg. Belgium) with the service despite lower populations? It can’t possibly be because of having to deal with each country’s legal systems so don’t tell me that’s the reason because it’s not.

It’s Sony’s, and they’re back at it again with that couch potato flex! (I’m sorry.)

Edited by PMV

1 hour ago, sealightbreeze said:

I wonder why they do that? Most people have jobs or school. Or both. We don't have time to play 24/7 and that is honestly not fair to subscribers who pay for the premium service. I don't like to rush games either. I like to enjoy every aspect of the game when I am playing. Rushing it like that takes all the fun out of it. At least for me 

Business? Most publishers sign limited time contracts to be added to these services. Same as sales. Publishers uses sales on a limited basis and not to permently mark down prices.

Anyone with these services should be aware that most of the games are there on a temporary basis and should consider that then starting anything. 

This is a premium service? It is like a Blockbuster card or Gamefly sub. A way to get access to content without having to pay the actual premium price. These are discount services. 

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

PS Now is getting worse and worse for this, its really annoying they give no warning at all. This is for the UK store so possibly more on other regions. These all leave on Monday. 

PS4

Farming Simulator 15

Farming Simulator 17

PS3

Dead or Alive 5 Ultimate 

Machinarium

Motorcycle Club

The Book of Unwritten Tales 2

The Witch and the Hundred Knight

Twisted Metal

I'm a PS Now noob because it's not available in my country but where do you check for upcoming removal of games?

• Like 1

I would think that the concept for this is much like On Demand services for cable and such.  If you like 1 movie in a series you might like the others, or you might like it enough to buy a copy.

With games, you might get a playthrough in yet if the games are long enough you won't get the platinum, and if they turn games over fast enough they might get additional sales from those who played the game for free on PSN.

I could be wrong, just some thoughts.

Those Farming Simulator games are so strange, they are always on and off PS Now for some reason.

I'm suprised they are dropping some PS3 games, Dead or Alive 5 makes sense since they have the PS4 version in there but the others don't. Maybe this might be a Metal Gear Solid situation where the games appeared as leaving and then Sony renewed their licenses one week or two after they left

2 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I'm a PS Now noob because it's not available in my country but where do you check for upcoming removal of games?

If they are limited to 3-6months then they will say so in the blog post. It also shows leaving dates on PS Now on bottom left of the game. If they leave after 6 months Sony gives no warning, i got these off a Reddit post, they went and checked every game. 

Problem is they don't show until a week before they leave, sometimes on the last day! And this is happening every month now. 

Edited by GUDGER666

24 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

It also shows leaving dates on PS Now on bottom left of the game.

Thanks! I did not know this!

I'm always worried games I've started/installed will be removed without warning, and I don't like the pressure of rushing to complete them - it goes against my natural play-style.

In fact I had to purchase Wolfenstein II because it left the service unannounced earlier this year.

At least on Monday they sent out a PS4 system notification to announce World War Z and The Witcher III are leaving on September 6th. But unfortunately they don't always give this head's up.

But thankfully now I know I can check the game page for a countdown!

4 hours ago, sealightbreeze said:

Probably they didn't bother with the renewal of the licenses

7 minutes ago, ChxpointCharlie said:

But thankfully now I know I can check the game page for a countdown!

they usually add the information on the game page only a few days before the actual withdrawal (less than a week)

I guess Sony feels that it would be bad publicity for the service to announce the departure of games in advance. But it's the exact opposite: this lack of transparency is very damaging to players' trust in their service.

5 minutes ago, RustyZero said:

they usually add the information on the game page only a few days before the actual withdrawal (less than a week)

I guess Sony feels that it would be bad publicity for the service to announce the departure of games in advance. But it's the exact opposite: this lack of transparency is very damaging to players' trust in their service.

The lack of transparency is disappointing. But what's even more frustrating is the inconsistency - for example: RDR2 and Streets of Rage 4 show a countdown of 96 days respectively. Whereas, as @GUDGER666 and others have pointed out, they just remove other titles with little to no notice!

At least I know to routinely check my downloads for a countdown now - even if it is barely a week!