PS5 Trophy List Tile Art Lazy and Disappointing

PhantomFear94

1 hour ago, LiquidSolid said:

To be clear, the "black bars" are completely transparent in the PS5's trophy section, so I don't actually think it looks bad. Inconsistent with other PS5 games, sure, but I don't think you'd notice it if you weren't looking for it. A lot better than the grey bars PS4 trophy lists have on the PS5.

Thanks to everyone pointing this out.

This is better technically, although it doesn't help the consistency and I still stand by it being pretty lazy. PS4 = rectangles with grey bars, PS5 = squares, Lazy PS5 = rectangles with no bars. All very odd, still don't know why they didn't just do a square tile art, on the basis that is the new standard. I've amended OP to this affect. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1

I completely agree. Its lazy and pathetic, and I honestly will probably never buy this Directors Cut. I hate how the PS4 games have those gray bars on top and bottom on PS5 and then you have this lazy shit. 

I think the main tiles on PS5 look horrible! And don't really even have the urge to get a PS5 till its fixed and looks more in line with PS3/PS4.

Edited by CB7Tuner91

For a game that is visually better than any other game I have ever played, this is a very, very disappointing art tile. Whoever behind this decision is lazy and stupid. Now this game will always look odd compared to other titles on PS5. 

4 hours ago, kanzenchaos said:

Are mods able to change the list's icon on this site?

I've found the full artwork from which the trophy icon is cropped on the internet and made this in 2 minutes lol

s2I1zjq.jpg

That would be great, if someone would be able to change it.

• Like 2

19 hours ago, leandrorhcp said:

Come on, it's just the trophy icon. I agree they should have definitely updated them on PS5, these kind of details shouldn't be overlooked by developers (especially if Sony is publishing), but not buying this game or future releases from the developer over a trophy tile is just ridiculous.

I think he's being sarcastic (I hope he is)

1 hour ago, PortaLuna said:

I hope they do this for free!

A smaller developer on Reddit indicated making any changes to trophies is a lengthy process. Even something as small as changing the artwork is tedious. 

yeah but a first party studio probably will have an easier process than other devs

anyway, yeah this is not a real issue, but it still should be fixed. it just looks like shit, when it simply shouldn't. 

Edited by TalalHmd
  • Like 2

On 8/19/2021 at 2:21 PM, Helyx said:

Thanks guys. I was worried I wasn't going to have something to be offended by today.

I hope you’re not referring to OP, but to those being a bit more dramatic. OP is being quite reasonable and even mentioned how petty it may seem. @PhantomFear94

I love this game, like A LOT. But this trophy tile is just so cringe, it makes my OCD just itch. I’ve never once seen trophy tiles change, so if they manage to make it look more PS5 UI appropriate, awesome. It’s not going to affect me because I already got my PS4 plat and avoid stacks. 

20 minutes ago, SakiSakiSakiSakiSaki said:

I hope you’re not referring to OP, but to those being a bit more dramatic. OP is being quite reasonable and even mentioned how petty it may seem. @PhantomFear94

I love this game, like A LOT. But this trophy tile is just so cringe, it makes my OCD just itch. I’ve never once seen trophy tiles change, so if they manage to make it look more PS5 UI appropriate, awesome. It’s not going to affect me because I already got my PS4 plat and avoid stacks. 

It has happened before. GTA V comes to mind, I remember the PS3 tile was different, then it changed when the PS4 version was released so both were the same.

On 03/09/2021 at 7:46 PM, leandrorhcp said:

It has happened before. GTA V comes to mind, I remember the PS3 tile was different, then it changed when the PS4 version was released so both were the same.

Same applies to Minecraft PS3 Edition to match the PS4 and Vita Editions, then the PS4 Edition changed upon the release of Bedrock. Sound Shapes PS3 had it’s primary colour changed from light orange to red with the PS4/Vita release too.

There are plenty more examples of games that have changed their title cards for reasons other than to match or deviate from other platform stacks, The Walking Dead: A New Frontier and Life Is Strange 2 did this shortly after release and both look better now versus the original images used. Oddly I can recall when the LittleBigPlanet 3 PS4 trophy list fixed it’s titled card after accidentally recycling the image used for LittleBigPlanet 2, the PS3 version’s stack was unaffected by this.

On exophase.com it’s still possible to see the original title cards being used for some of the games mentioned above as they I don’t imagine they do anything to update these besides manually selecting rectangular cards to replace all the squares. PST.org was also like this up until the launch of their major site revision to coincide with the release of PS5.

On 8/19/2021 at 6:00 AM, HusKy said:

Just FYI: the "black bars" are added by PSNP. It sets dark grey background for every trophy tile.

Seems like guys from Sucker Punch just added some blank space above and below and called it a day. :D

You can "see" it here:

S2c7348.png

The black bars are not visible on the PlayStation app as well. I wish there was a way for a mod to fix this on PSN Profiles until they fix it because it annoys me every time I look at my profile.

Edited by lager96