Which Batman and Joker is your favorite?

kingofbattle8174

Which Batman is your favorite?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. Which Batman is tops?

• Micheal Keaton
    • George Clooney
    • Val Kilmer
    • Christian Bale
    • Adam West
    • Ben Afflek
    • Robert Pattinson
    • Kevin Conroy
  2. 2. Who is your favorite Joker

• Jack Nicholson
    • Heath Ledger
    • Jared Leto
    • Joaquin Phoenix
    • Mark Hamill

Keaton and Hamill for me. I just last week rewatched Batman, Returns, Forever, and Robin for the first time in several years and I forgot how much I loved Keaton’s portrayal. 

Shout out to Anthony Ingruber who played Joker/John Doe in the TellTale games. I really enjoyed his character. 

Who would everyone like to see play these roles? I personally think Steven Ogg would play an awesome Joker!

5 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Billy Dee Williams as Two Face I believe was supposed to be the next villain. I think he would have been way better than who did play him

Yeah Tommy Lee's performance was not his best and IIRC, he did not like Jim Carrey so I'm sure that played a role in his portrayal. 

Billy Dee amongst others in Batman we under utilized, look at Commissioner Gordon he is basically just an old guy standing around doing nothing. I did like Alfred though, but Michael Caine is the best.

• 5 weeks later...

Mark Hamill & Kevin Conroy are top tier for Batman: The Animated Series and the Arkham series.

Counting their on-screen was appearance however, I’d say Heath Ledger is the most believable Joker since he literally fell into the role. Batfleck also looks the most like Batman to me. I prefer Christian Bale and his playboy esque attitude however.

Joaquin Phoenix is phenomenal in The Joker and this is an origin story that isn’t just ‘vat of acid’.

I’d say they all have their pros and cons, but I’d say Leto is easily at the bottom.

Hard to compress all of this info into a simple poll.

On 2021-08-27 at 5:36 PM, XLordXNightmareX said:

Even though I chose The Dark Knight duo, I'd pretty much prefer the Arkham Origins Batman and Joker as my favorites just because it's the best Arkham yet heavily underrated game imo

heavily underrated 

r/batmanarkham flashbacks

On 2021-08-27 at 10:17 AM, sephiroth4424 said:

In Batman section, there should only be the Kevin Conroy option available.

As for the Joker, it's hard to see any other than Hamill. The others only played the role once. I liked every Joker (even Leto a little)

Surely Ledger & Phoenix only playing Joker for one film shows how great their work is when they’re constantly cited as being The Joker.

• 3 weeks later...

Bale for Batman, Hamill and Ledger (but especially Hamill) for Joker. Leto's Joker was dogshit, but i'm pretty excited to see how Robert Pattinson does as Batman because of the sheer absurdity of the casting choice (this is a guy who's most notable role in the public consciousness is goddamn Twilight, mind you).

Jack Nicholson is the best Joker by a mile. Ledger was very good but not even close to my boy Jack!

I didn't even know Hamill did Joker, but most likely since i don't watch Cartoon Network or whatever channels it's on. Come on, someone just voice acting winning over an actor actually you know,  acting? Not in my world =>

Edited by Quink666

7 minutes ago, Valzentia said:

i'm pretty excited to see how Robert Pattinson does as Batman because of the sheer absurdity of the casting choice (this is a guy who's most notable role in the public consciousness is goddamn Twilight, mind you).

True - could be interesting, though its worth remembering - prior to the original Tim Burton Movie, Micheal Keaton 's most notable role in the public consciousness was as that stand-up comic from Mr.Mom who played Beetlejuice...

At least Pattinson has some stuff like The Lighthouse under his belt already :dunno:

Edited by DrBloodmoney
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, DrBloodmoney said:

True - could be interesting, though its worth remembering - prior to the original Tim Burton Movie, Micheal Keaton 's most notable role in the public consciousness was as that stand-up comic from Mr.Mom who played Beetlejuice...

Not to mention that Heath Ledger was considered a bizarre choice for the Joker when he got announced. It always seems to be the strangest picks that end up nailing the role.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

At least Pattinson has some stuff like The Lighthouse under his belt already :dunno:

And Rover aswell as The King. He did great in both of those aswell. I have fairly high hopes he can pull of Batman as long as he does his own thing and doesn't try to imitate other actors who played Batman.

• Like 1

I actually don't even like comics or comic book movies, but I remember that when I used to go to the theater every Friday night and movie hop between showings of different stuff, I ended up staying in The Dark Knight one time because Heath's mannerisms as Joker were just fascinating to watch. He really made it seem like you were watching an actual psychopath. I was glad he got the posthumous Oscar for the performance.

• 2 weeks later...

Poll is invalid because you didn't include the best Joker!

the-joker-history-of-cesar-romero.jpg

Dude refused to shave his iconic mustache to play the role, so they just make-upped right over it.

Voted Keaton and Ledger, but I'm actually excited to see Pattison's take. He's a far better actor than people give him credit for because of Twilight; remember that Heath Ledger was mostly a teen drama heartthrob before his turn as Joker, and he surprised everyone.

• Like 1

Nothing beats Kevin Conroy and Mark Hamill. But if we're strictly talking live action, then I'm a Christian Bale and Heath Ledger man. I grew up with Keaton/Nicholson, but The Dark Knight trilogy surpassed those IMO. 

Unlike most people though, I'm more excited to see Keaton return in The Flash movie than I am for The Batman. It's not that the latter doesn't look good, I just don't want yet ANOTHER Batman already. I wanted DC to get their shit straight with their shared Universe...not give up and just do whatever with a bunch of solo films. 

Edited by Viper

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...