MGSV PS3 Servers Are Shutting Down May 31st 2022 06:00 AM (UTC)

Having just gotten the three online trophies (Intruder, Deterrence, and Disarmament), I would almost say that Locked and Loaded trophy could be considering an online trophy or a trophy helped by the online servers. The servers add GMP to your account and you could very easily get Locked and Loaded from that plus all the other missions/dispatch missions/side ops/animal conservation pickups. But, without the servers, you would have to do main missions/side ops/dispatch quite a bit (although you could run back through the animal list, but who wants to do that?).

So if you get the three online trophies and consider yourself done, you may want to think again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Ninjise said:

For a PS3 it's not bad at all, they announce very early with plenty of time to get the onlinle trophies.

I think you misunderstand what he is saying. Yeah, the game only has a few "online" trophies, but the game is SEVERLY crippled offline. Only @5% of your GMP and resources are offline, so saving up for things you need will take 20x longer offline than online. 

Edited by Floorkiller74
  • Like 1

It should also be noted that vehicles/walker gears also have online versions. So I guess Deployment can be considered another trophy helped by online servers. Otherwise, you'll have to extract a bunch of walker gears/vehicles from outposts/missions for the key dispatch missions once the servers go offline.

EDIT: Prosperity can be considered another trophy helped by online servers. Once the servers shut down, the grind for 10 million GMP will be harsh.

Edited by POEman553

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/15/2021 at 4:13 PM, POEman553 said:

It should also be noted that vehicles/walker gears also have online versions. So I guess Deployment can be considered another trophy helped by online servers. Otherwise, you'll have to extract a bunch of walker gears/vehicles from outposts/missions for the key dispatch missions once the servers go offline.

EDIT: Prosperity can be considered another trophy helped by online servers. Once the servers shut down, the grind for 10 million GMP will be harsh.

the level 50 all personal teams too

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 11/15/2021 at 6:13 PM, POEman553 said:

I've just finished all the grindy trophies (Army, Architect, Locked and Loaded) and can say that 10M of GMP for "Prosperity" is really nothing, as developing 300 items (Locked and Loaded) will require at least 5-6 times more of GMP (roughly 50M-60M, maybe even more) - and that, I think, will be real harsh in offline mode. In online mode you can invade low-level R&D platforms, which yields 600K-700K of GMP, plus ~2k of Precious Metals (which can be sold for another 2M GMP), i.e. ~2.7M of GMP in less than 10 mins. I don't even want to think about how much time it would take to grind 50M-60M of GMP in offline mode :)

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
18 hours ago, MegaMegu__ said:

The game is not letting me go beyond than 5.000.000 GMP when I'm disconnected.

This is a bug, or i am unable to go over 5MI GMP in offline mode?

There is an upper limit on resources and GMP.

For reference (https://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/364042703854766433/):

GMP: 25,000,000 (online) + 5,000,000 (offline) = 30,000,000 (total)

Materials (Processed): 1,000,000 (online) + 500,000 (offline) = 1,500,000 (total)

Materials (Unprocessed): Same as Processed.

Plants: 30,000 (online) + 6,000 (offline) = 36,000 (total).

1 hour ago, Gigafalcospamer7 said:

There is an upper limit on resources and GMP.

For reference (https://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/364042703854766433/):

GMP: 25,000,000 (online) + 5,000,000 (offline) = 30,000,000 (total)

Materials (Processed): 1,000,000 (online) + 500,000 (offline) = 1,500,000 (total)

Materials (Unprocessed): Same as Processed.

Plants: 30,000 (online) + 6,000 (offline) = 36,000 (total).

Oh, thanks for the info.

So with the servers closed, some useful items may be unavailable, bc they cost more than 5.000.000 GMP.

Mission tasks will become a lot harder without Stealth Camo.

43 minutes ago, MegaMegu__ said:

Oh, thanks for the info.

So with the servers closed, some useful items may be unavailable, bc they cost more than 5.000.000 GMP.

Mission tasks will become a lot harder without Stealth Camo.

The yellow items are only available online and are the extremely expensive ones. Not even sure if you can use them while offline if you got them while online.

The blue items are offline and as far as I remember, no blue item costs more than 5.000.000 GMP. So should be possible to develop all blue items offline.

It's advised to get the trophy for 300 items developed while the servers are still online. You can make a lot of money from 'FOB Missions -> security challenge'. Some people don't have security put up so it's an easy and quick (1min30 sprint) way to get processed resources and GMP. You might get enough from doing everything else in the game, but if not those security challenges give an easy way to resources/GMP.

• Like 2

On 31/08/2021 at 3:46 PM, OnuR10Ly said:

Wasn't too bad of a grind the actual single player part is a bigger grind like extra objectives and animal library but i wanna ask something, how bad does this run on a ps3? Stable 30 or 15-20? Because if its a slide show i won't bother on ps3 since i already did it on ps4.

Hi OnuR10Ly. I really appreciated you asking this question. Unfortunately for me, server closures and unobtainable Platinums on PS3 are like a red rag to a bull. :) I decided, based on the answer you got from Floorkiller74, that I wouldn't bother with this game unless I could find it really cheap second hand.

In fact, I managed to find a brand new physical Spanish version for a few euros on eBay (as far as I know, every version of the game has Japanese, English, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese and Russian support; the box also clearly says "Playable in English" on the back).

I don't know whether you wanted a second opinion on this or not before the servers close but here we go. 

Based on what Floorkiller74 said, I was not expecting very much when I fired up the game. Six hours later, I was like "wow, this is AMAZING!" (I also wondered how six hours had "disappeared" :)  ). Please note that I Platinumed this on PS4 and it is one of my favorite games of all time, so if I thought the PS3 version was rubbish I would say so.

It is absolutely the best looking game I have played on PS3 and quite honestly, I don't really see much difference between this and the PS4 version, other than the fact that things in the very-far-distance are basically blocks or weird pixelated "things". But considering how even the PS4 version suffered from "pop-in", this is hardly a big deal. Quite honestly, it's a miracle this game plays so well on a PS3.

Bear in mind I am following the revised 1.00 guide on PlayStation Trophies here and am playing 100% offline with no updates: https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ps3/guide/

I don't know how much a connection to Konami's crappy server nerfs your performance, but playing offline has been a joy. The load times haven't been a problem at all. I mean, there are no "load times" in the game, because they are "disguised" by the helicopter flying in/Mother Base sequences. On PS4, the only load time issues were the iDroid loading screens, caused by the aforementioned crappy Konami servers, it really doesn't seem to differ much from the PS4 version at all quite honestly. 

I'm delighted I can Plat this game again and have been enjoying it maybe more than my first playthrough on PS4, because I'm "Pretty Good" at the game and the muscle memory for the controls came back in about an hour. Loving every minute of it, I highly recommend it. 

Edit: I'm kind of speedrunning the game because I know what to do and can play very efficiently. I've almost gotten all of the animals already just from memory, for example. I will reiterate, this game is AWESOME on the PS3!

Edited by baboon_overlord

26 minutes ago, baboon_overlord said:

@wackt1 @ProfBambam55 @HuntingFever 

I just got the Nuke related trophies by playing on version 1.00. I can 100% confirm that you DO NOT need to play online, or even build an FOB to get these trophies (which is obviously impossible if you are offline). If you are on patch 1.00 they are 100% offline.

That confirms there will only be the 1 unobtainable trophy post shutdown, which is Intruder. I'm in charge of the Guide Team on .org so please let me know what needs to change for the Nuke trophies and I'll get it done ASAP :)!

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 1

Hm, I only have GZ and TPP on PS4, but even so, I'm going to get cracking on them both.

I was planning to play them in the next couple of months anyway, to try and pop the TPP platinum as my 10,000th trophy, so if I get basically everything out of the way before then, then I can just leave the game with one or two easy trophies unearned, then pop them at the right time.

Can't believe I've held off on playing this game so far, given how much I enjoy the MGS series.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

That confirms there will only be the 1 unobtainable trophy post shutdown, which is Intruder.

Absolutely. I was surprised myself (because I have read the same information in more than a couple of guides), but if you check my trophy list, you will see I just got them. My major concern is that I did update the game briefly to try and get Intruder a week ago and I couldn't connect to the damned server. My intention was to get that trophy, then revert to my offline save and delete the patch and FOB DLC. In the end I gave up and deleted everything and restored my save.

I sincerely hope that constant connection error 10003 was a one off....

7 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Hm, I only have GZ and TPP on PS4, but even so, I'm going to get cracking on them both.

I was planning to play them in the next couple of months anyway, to try and pop the TPP platinum as my 10,000th trophy, so if I get basically everything out of the way before then, then I can just leave the game with one or two easy trophies unearned, then pop them at the right time.

Can't believe I've held off on playing this game so far, given how much I enjoy the MGS series.

I need to finish GZ. Damn, that might be the best looking PS4 game I have seen. It's GORGEOUS. I mean, it's basically a glorified tech demo that Konami sold because they/their management are douche bags and they wanted to see some revenue coming in, so Kojima certainly gave them a money shot....

TPP is amazing. One of the best games I have ever played. What are you waiting for, soldier? :)  

1 hour ago, HuntingFever said:

That confirms there will only be the 1 unobtainable trophy post shutdown, which is Intruder.

Just thinking this through, surely Konami could give you the Intruder trophy for completing Mission 22 once the servers close down?

I struggle to understand the mentality of developers/publishers rendering Platinum/1000G/Achievements unobtainable quite honestly.

Don't get me wrong, publishers appear to be morons. "Our licensing agreement has run out, therefore players cannot buy this game/give us passive income anymore: our "licensing rights" supersede any money we make on this game going forward, despite the fact that we paid a fortune to create it collectively" is the height of idiocy, so I don't even know why I wrote that.

Then, despite getting free money for something they already made years ago, these same geniuses try and gaslight you as to why they need to charge you $100 for a new vidya...

Sorry for being off topic and a bit meta but this kind of thing really annoys me and https://delistedgames.com/ wouldn't exist without these parasites/morons/"geniuses".

• 4 weeks later...
On 18/03/2022 at 10:16 PM, baboon_overlord said:

@wackt1 @ProfBambam55 @HuntingFever @POEman553

I just got the two Nuke related trophies by playing on version 1.00. I can 100% confirm that you DO NOT need to play online, or even build an FOB to get these trophies (which is obviously impossible if you are offline). If you are on version 1.00 they are 100% offline.

On version 1.00, all the "grindy trophies" such as Architect (which I almost have in the bag, I got the Nuke trophies now so will delete that save file and use my backup save to use those resources to get MB fully upgraded) are pretty much a piece of cake. Replaying Mission 12 on version 1.00 gives you 500 PM, 7500 FR and not sure about the other one, (probably MM but I don't care about that because I already have more than I can possibly use). I am drowning in resources and playing on version 1.00 is the way to go 100%.

Replaying Mission 12 takes maybe three minutes to get the resources (after using your wormhole Fulton, you grab the Intel file and restart mission). I haven't been grinding at all and only replayed that a few times to get what I needed to fully expand MB/build the nuke and get a bunch of GMP for Locked and Loaded, which I must be close to getting. My play time says 90 hours so far, but at least 20 of that was idling the PS3 to get combat deployments and developments completed. Probably more.  

The only thing I screwed up on is that I thought you could get Quiet back on patch 1.00, I will have to test it but I think you can't. I never equipped the butterfly emblem and I think I'm screwed unless I update. Damn.

I know this can't help you now but just putting this out there for anyone else following the guide linked below before the servers close:

https://www.playstationtrophies.org/game/metal-gear-solid-5-the-phantom-pain-ps3/guide/

NB: Even THIS guide gets it wrong, if you are on patch 1.00 you CAN get the Nuke trophies, 100% offline, I literally just did it. All I had to do was keep my console on for 27 hours, FML :) - and FKojima!

"You're pretty good!"

Awesome research, @baboon_overlord, it definitely helps those who still haven't started this yet because you can just rush to mission 22 to get the FOB event and then just revert/start from scratch to get the nuke trophies later on at their leisure.

• Like 1

On 3/10/2022 at 8:06 PM, baboon_overlord said:

Hi OnuR10Ly. I really appreciated you asking this question. Unfortunately for me, server closures and unobtainable Platinums on PS3 are like a red rag to a bull. :) I decided, based on the answer you got from Floorkiller74, that I wouldn't bother with this game unless I could find it really cheap second hand.

Based on what Floorkiller74 said, I was not expecting very much when I fired up the game. Six hours later, I was like "wow, this is AMAZING!" (I also wondered how six hours had "disappeared" :)  ). Please note that I Platinumed this on PS4 and it is one of my favorite games of all time, so if I thought the PS3 version was rubbish I would say so.

LOL, I still think it looks like Mud on the PS3. I should point out the game was good for a long while on the pS3, but as I got up the higher levels the game became really unstable *And this choppy/slow) Having played 5 versions of the game, I found the PS3 version to be the least stable,

On 3/18/2022 at 7:16 PM, baboon_overlord said:

@wackt1 @ProfBambam55 @HuntingFever @POEman553

The only thing I screwed up on is that I thought you could get Quiet back on patch 1.00, I will have to test it but I think you can't. I never equipped the butterfly emblem and I think I'm screwed unless I update. Damn.

I know this is old, but bringing Quiet back was patched in later. 

6 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

"You're pretty good!"

Awesome research, @baboon_overlord, it definitely helps those who still haven't started this yet because you can just rush to mission 22 to get the FOB event and then just revert/start from scratch to get the nuke trophies later on at their leisure.

It's nice to be able to get the nuke trophies offline, though if you can do it online, just do that, it's just faster than playing 1.00. If you really need ressources fast, you can do security challenges in empty bases online to get around 8k of anything in just a minute. Or you can just fulton any container you come across by developing your fulton heavy loads early and let it process while you play, not even needed to farm. As long at it has ressources to process from start to finish you will barely miss anything, plus playing online means you have a FOB, meaning you have extra soldiers, meaning your teams gain levels quicker so better perks, better auto processing, more passive GMP incomes, double the teams to send in deployment (so even more passive processed ressources and GMP)... 

If you are affraid of attacks, I'll let you just know that I've only been attacked once in three weeks, and it was a retaliation. All they can steal is a few guys, weapons and unprocessed ressources, all of this is negligible (I'd still advise you protect your S+ and S++ so they can't do anything to them, the rest you can get it back very quick). Your nuke won't be on display until fully completed, and you need to be in the game for it to complete, you can then dismantle it as soon as it completes so there's no chance it gets stolen unless you let it happen. Plus it will save you from having to wait 24h in game to fully develop it.

One last thing to ponder, playing through 1.00 makes you open to encountering game breaking glitches (or rather platinum breaking), like missing plans, C2W mission becoming inaccessible, save getting corrupted because of Quiet... Oh yeah and you can't get Quiet back (though DD is way better in my opinion).

6 hours ago, Floorkiller74 said:

LOL, I still think it looks like Mud on the PS3. I should point out the game was good for a long while on the pS3, but as I got up the higher levels the game became really unstable *And this choppy/slow) Having played 5 versions of the game, I found the PS3 version to be the least stable,

The worst part for me was the hair texture of everyone and every animal, it took me time to get over it.

• Like 3

I got every trophy but not the “ Executed “ which you have to complete the missions tasks to get it but my question is will the trophy be effected after the shutdown? cuz the rewards of the completing missions tasks will unavailable once you go offline & what about S ranks soldiers will I be able to get them after shutdown? 

36 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

I got every trophy but not the “ Executed “ which you have to complete the missions tasks to get it but my question is will the trophy be effected after the shutdown? cuz the rewards of the completing missions tasks will unavailable once you go offline & what about S ranks soldiers will I be able to get them after shutdown? 

The only trophies affected by the shutdown are the 2 related to nukes and the 1 for invading an FOB - all others will remain obtainable.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

24 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only trophies affected by the shutdown are the 2 related to nukes and the 1 for invading an FOB - all others will remain obtainable.

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ??‍♂️.

3 minutes ago, Hysteria said:

I’ve got a question about combat dispatch the success probability is 63% how can I increase it & sorry for the stupid question ??‍♂️.

No idea I'm afraid, because I don't own a copy of this game so can only go by what's in the Guide and what others tell me :(.