The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

6 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

I apologize. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong numbers, and if I am, then please direct me to where to look. But, according to to the information I found the 50th fastest time for the Vita version is over 3 weeks, which is most certainly longer than the 6 hours you're asking for??

Current Leaderboard: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8382-death-mark/1-death-mark

60JBdjX.png

If you click 100% club then you can see the fastest times, Death Mark is at 5:19 :)

5 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Added - Just a quick note on The Bunker. While it is a pretty good FMV, it is too short to count here. Also, Hellblade Senua's Sacrifice is a wild ride.

Dang, I thought I researched fully. Back to the drawing board!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Death Mark falls just short of counting here. Once a third valid game is selected, I will add.

Okay. I swapped Death Mark for The Wolf Among Us. Apologies again for the mistake!

1. The Wolf Among Us | NA - PS3 | Current Progress: 10% 

• Features fairy tale characters mixed with magic, murder, shapeshifting (the main character is effectively a wolf in human disguise).

2. I Saw Black Clouds | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 0%

• Interactive Movie in which the main character returns to her hometown after the unexpected death of a friend and has to deal with some dark revelations. The trophy titles and descriptions hint at supernatural elements. (Trailer)

3. The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker | NA - PS4 | Current Progress: 14%

• FMV Murder Mystery in which you play as a psychiatrist trying to solve the death of a colleague by talking to his former patients. The game has horror themes and discusses concepts like the Afterlife and shapeshifting. (Source)
  • Like 1

I'm definitely in! I'll add my games to this post once I've decided on my three ?

Erica - an interactive thriller where all the decision making is in your hands, what can be scarier than making a decision you don't like?? Also murder. That's pretty spooky. 

Hidden Agenda - oOoOoOo decisions and murder! 

Psychonauts 2 - okay, this one I'm going to actually explain; my justification is that despite it's colorful and jokey exterior, you are entering people's minds and interacting with their traumas, phobias, and mental illnesses. Plus the first game had it's fair share of Cronenberg-esque bodyhorror amalgamations wrapped up in bubble gum packaging, especially in the end. If it's too much of a stretch, I get it, but I'm placing it here for your consideration. 

Other games I'm considering adding, as of now:

Amnesia - peak horror game energy, where you can't fight, you can't run, you can only hide and hope

Zombie Vikings - colorful zombies fighting a wizard, pretty Halloween-y to me!

The Dark Pictures Anthology: Man of Medan - another entry with classic horror game energy, except you'll say goodbye to your characters if you don't press that :square: fast enough

Brutal Legend - sure sure, there's demons and monsters, but the real enemy to fear here is late 2000s emo fashion

Edited by Yen-Pop

I'm so down for this. Getting spooky and scary during Halloween is so much fun, and any excuse to break out some games I've been neglecting is perfect. I have a question though. I want to use A Plague Tale: Innocence for one of my games, but all of the highest leaderboard scores are 1 second long. However, this is because of autopops, something I won't be doing since I've never played the game before. Is this okay? Are we not allowed to pick any games that have autopop trophy lists because of this?

Well lookie here. ? I was planning to run Monster Hunt 2021 up until a month or so ago and realized I might be too busy to be a good host. I thought I wouldn't do any events this Halloween, but this one fits right in with my gaming plans without any changes at all. My main plan was to play a few scary games and work on my backlog. So I'm in! I have no idea how realistic the hours required for these will be, but this is my list!

1. Friday the 13th: Killer Puzzle - You play as Jason and rack up a huge body count and raise your blood lust to new heights in a puzzle game!
  2. A Rose in the Twilight - You often have to go to execution rooms and make blood sacrifices to open doors. The story seems creepy too.
  3. Hades - Battling your way through the underworld. You fight various creatures and residents of hell. 
  4. The Walking Dead Season 2 - Zombies
  5. The Walking Dead: A New Frontier - More zombies
  6. The Walking Dead: Final Season - Even more zombies
  7. Alien Isolation - The entire game is built around making you feel scared, and helpless. 
  8. Death Stranding - Explore a world where recent corpses are a major threat and ghosts disrupt any chance at a normal life
  9. Resident Evil 7: Biohazard - Having a nice visit with a family of psychos in the backwoods of Lousiana
  10. Mutant Football League - Football but with monsters, skeletons, bombs, sand worms, electrocutions and more
  11. Demon's Souls - Explore a spooky and ruined fantasy world stacked deep with imposing nightmare creatures
  12. Rise of the Tomb Raider - Towards the end you fight a bunch of supernatural warriors called the Deathless
  13. Hollowknight - Dark and gloomy souls-like with various bug-like denizens. Deepnest is particularly dark with loads of spiders coming in at you.
  • Like 1

I’d like to join with . . .

1.Red Seed Profile (Twin peaks inspired murder mystery)

2.Silent Hill Downpour (I don’t know exactly what it’s about but I know it’ll be spooky)

3.Dead Island PS3(Zombies)

Then

4. Escape Dead Island (Zombies)

5. Walking Dead Ps3 (Zombies)

6.Monster High New Ghoul in School (It’s not all about being scary)

7.Saw (Game based on the film)

8.Alice Madness Returns (Darker themed retelling of Alice in Wonderland)

9.Dead Rising (Zombies)

10.Alone in the Dark (There’s a giant monster looking for a stone)

11.Heavy Rain PS3  (Murder Mystery)

12.Thief PS3 (Sneaking around in a dark and gloomy world)

13.I am Alive (A post apocalyptic world)

Edited by scarishbal

I would like to participate. My games are:

1. The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (EU) - A series about zombies and humans.

2. Death end re;Quest 2 (EU) - The first one had very dark and disturbing scenes and I expect the same for part 2.

3. Daymare 1998 - Monsters and Zombies.

4. Sense: A Cyberpunk Ghost Story - A building full of chinese ghosts. (Currently at 7%)

5. Mundaun - The Witch (movie), but in the mountains of switzerland.

6. Crystar - Travel through purgatory to save the soul of your sister. (Currently at 42 %)

7. Yaga - Creatures from slavic folk tales.

8. Bioshock 1 Remastered - Monsters in diving suits and junkies with masks.

9. Bloodstained: Curse of the Moon 2 - The spiritual successor of Castlevania.

10. Tokyo Dark: Remembrance - Urban legends and supernatural forces.

11. Akiba`s Trip: Undead and Undressed (PS4) - Vampires.

12. Cotton Reboot! - Cute em Up with Halloween theme.

13. The Sinking City - Lovecraftian Horror.

This sounds like fun (even if it messes with my existing game plans...)! Here are my 3 to lock in if they sound good enough

1. Mass Effect 3 - Lots of sci-fi-horror elements; husks being very zombie-like, the Leviathan DLC being particularly lovecraftian, various missions being creepy as fuck (can you say monastery), Banshees in general
  2. Soul Sacrifice - Grotesque and creepy beasties all around, body-horror and some pretty dark implications and story beats
  3. The Last of Us: Part II - Zombies, and if anything like part I implications of torture and other dark themes

And thoughts on some others for now...

1. The Walking Dead Michonne - More zombies
  2. Bloodborne - Gothic-horror vibe (I've not played it before, but I'm pretty sure it'll fit...)
  3. Alien Isolation - Survival-horror game, unnerving & scary
  4. Vampyr - Er, vampires
  5. Hollow Knight - Spooky and dark world
  6. Thumper - Rhythm game with a very creepy kind of vibe? More abstract than other suggestions but just feels halloweeny
  7. Bioshock Remastered - Horror themes, creepy setting, various jump scares

10 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

I apologize. Perhaps I'm looking at the wrong numbers, and if I am, then please direct me to where to look. But, according to to the information I found the 50th fastest time for the Vita version is over 3 weeks, which is most certainly longer than the 6 hours you're asking for??

Current Leaderboard: https://psnprofiles.com/trophy/8382-death-mark/1-death-mark

60JBdjX.png

I think you're looking in the wrong place. In the link you posted go to "100% Club" and you will see the total times of people achieving 100%. Here it shows the 50th highest time is 5 hours and 19 minutes.

https://psnprofiles.com/100-club/8382-death-mark

Just now, FrostyMcNugs said:

I think you're looking in the wrong place. In the link you posted go to "100% Club" and you will see the total times of people achieving 100%. Here it shows the 50th highest time is 5 hours and 19 minutes.

Thank you! You're right. But, this was already resolved. ☺️

10 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Ah, that explains it. I was looking in the wrong place, my apologies. I'll do a swap real quick, no big deal! I'll post again when I've got a new list. Thanks, @MissShake!

If you look at the post right below that, you'll see that I already made my swap.

9 hours ago, InfinateEternity said:

Okay. I swapped Death Mark for The Wolf Among Us. Apologies again for the mistake!

• Like 1

Im going to start with these and add as I go..

1. Little Nightmares II - Game has a creepy vibe with escape from a Nightmare theme
  2. The Wolf Among Us - Murder mystery thriller about fairy tale creatures
  3. Yaga - Battle all sorts of creatures from Slavic Folklore
  4. Limbo - Looks to be a creepy atmosphere to this game and have I mentioned GIANT SPIDERS!!
  5. Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game Still planning on doing this one even though it doesn't qualify (by just a hair..)
  6. Demon's Souls - Battling the undead and hordes of Monsters
  7. Hades - Fighting your way through the Underworld and all its denizens.
  8. South Park: Stick of Truth - Abductions by Aliens and Nazi zombies

Edited by gruffiiti

Looks like a good event!  My beginning games are:

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?

Was just looking at this one to add it to my list. I believe there are also aliens and Nazi zombies in this game.

9 hours ago, Inuty said:

@blu3st4rdust305

So how do you want us to track the progress? Will you create an excel file and update it looking through the profiles or should we Post our finished games in here? :)

Looks like a spreadsheet was added to the OG post.

Edited by gruffiiti
  • Like 2

My first three:

1. Dead Space 3. Spooky game in space. The only trophy I have left is beating the game on hard which I've been trying on and off since 2020.
2. Angels of Death. Seems to be a game about serial killers.

3. Devil May Cry. Killing demons around a Haunted mansion. I have most of the trophies already besides the few for maxing things out and beating the game on Devil May Cry Mode. 

17 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

And for once, I get to announce that I'm the first to finish a game!

The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep was a 60+ hour romp that I was on the tail end of when the event started. Lots of spooky monsters, skeletons, and ghosts. Also some beautiful music that sent chills up my spine. I don't know if it's something any of you would want to tackle for the event due to the length, but it went by quickly and I was glued to my screen for an entire weekend when I started it. Thinking of picking up the original game in the series, but those graphics...

Good going on the first completion! I am not at all familiar with the series. Looks like a 1st person RPG with a pretty old school battle set up. More of a Diablo guy here.

15 hours ago, SpaceCoresDad said:

I'm so down for this. Getting spooky and scary during Halloween is so much fun, and any excuse to break out some games I've been neglecting is perfect. I have a question though. I want to use A Plague Tale: Innocence for one of my games, but all of the highest leaderboard scores are 1 second long. However, this is because of autopops, something I won't be doing since I've never played the game before. Is this okay? Are we not allowed to pick any games that have autopop trophy lists because of this?

For simplicity's sake, I would say no, unfortunately. It is a pretty good game though, I do recommend it to anyone that likes an a stealth action adventure with great graphics and a pretty decent story.

8 hours ago, Hisuiryu said:

This sounds like fun (even if it messes with my existing game plans...)! Here are my 3 to lock in if they sound good enough

1. Mass Effect 3 - Lots of sci-fi-horror elements; husks being very zombie-like, the Leviathan DLC being particularly lovecraftian, various missions being creepy as fuck (can you say monastery), Banshees in general
  2. Soul Sacrifice - Grotesque and creepy beasties all around, body-horror and some pretty dark implications and story beats
  3. The Last of Us: Part II - Zombies, and if anything like part I implications of torture and other dark themes

And thoughts on some others for now...

1. The Walking Dead Michonne - More zombies
  2. Bloodborne - Gothic-horror vibe (I've not played it before, but I'm pretty sure it'll fit...)
  3. Alien Isolation - Survival-horror game, unnerving & scary
  4. Vampyr - Er, vampires
  5. Hollow Knight - Spooky and dark world
  6. Thumper - Rhythm game with a very creepy kind of vibe? More abstract than other suggestions but just feels halloweeny
  7. Bioshock Remastered - Horror themes, creepy setting, various jump scares

Just a heads up, Michonne would not count due to length.

5 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

I agree!  What be more Halloween than South Park? ?

Specially The Stick of Truth! I love that game. Glad to know the guys are working on a new game, though not thru Ubisoft, so it may be entirely different than the 2 most recent releases. 

All valid lists have been updated to spreadsheet up to this point. I will likely start clearing my first game in the next day or so. 

I am really digging some of these suggestions. Hollowknight is another PS+ game I completely forgot about. Doom is great too, makes for a change of pace for the common survival horror genre.

Also glad to see the likes of The Wolf Among Us come up, it is really up there as far as Telltale series go. Oxenfree is also a great little game. Erica is a great choice for the event, even though I thought it was a super great story, it made for a pretty good FMV game. 

On 1/9/2021 at 11:15 PM, Caquis_1 said:

Update: My list would be complete now, 14 games chosen in the case the one I mentioned won't count.

For the other games, I have an idea of some of the games I'll play (might not be final list and gonna finish it later, if thats ok):

• Outlast.
  • Outlast 2.
  • Layers of Fear. 
  • Dying Light.
  • Amnesia.
  • Thumper.
  • Man of Medan.
  • Dead Island - Definitive Edition (I know this might no be able as I already choose the PS3 version but might give it a shot).
  • Dead Island: Riptide - Definitive Edition.
  • Vampyr.
  • Days Gone (This game is here just in case the Definitive Edition of Dead Island doesn't count as it can be considered a repeated game).

Just updated my main list but I was wondering if one of the games I choose wouldn't be a problem, I explained it on my main post. @blu3st4rdust305

Finished Observation, so I am going to talk a bit about this game with only 6k tracked owners. 

To touch upon what I wrote in my earlier post, Observation puts you in the shoes of Sam (or SAM), a seemingly amnesiac artificial intelligence that is tasked to survey, aid and monitor a low orbit space station, originally boarded by a human crew to circle Earth.

Your name, in truth merely a handy acronym for Systems Administration & Maintenance, is used with affection by crew members such as the one who you meet at the very beginning at the game: Dr. Emma Fisher. The two of you awaken alone to confusion, destruction and mayhem after what Emma suspects to have been a collision that has left your station, the Observation, tumbling through space and clearly damaged. Albeit you are an AI and initially restricted to viewing the station through the many cameras on board, Emma relies on you to stabilise the station together with her, as well as to figure out what has happened to you two. 

In the game, you interact with the character Emma by being her literal eyes around the space vessel and that means that in the beginning, you are switching from camera to camera a lot, checking out your logs for error reports and reporting them back to Emma with a special response mode. You're hooking up to still-functioning hatches in order to open and close them, secure clamps to keep the station together and eventually track down the rest of the crew (or what is left of it) and untangle the mystery of what happened to Emma's/your station. 

Without spoiling the plot, I will say as a bit of a sci-fi/horror nut, I enjoyed where it was going and the very last scenes were a welcome surprise. There's a lot of floating (call it "Walking Simulator 2.0), vast, dark and empty space all around you, some spooky alien, some death and a wicked blend in which it all comes together at the end. 

Observation is currently available as part of PSNow in Europe (Germany), so maybe check it out. 

• Like 2

I WOULD LOVE TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS EVENT. I always miss out on every event and I find out that I am already late for registration. Not this time. Please sign me up.

First 3 Games:-

1. Dead Space (PS3) - Spooky, horror, jumpscares. Wearing the same suit throughout. Not speaking much. Sounds like me at a Halloween Party.
  2. Dead Space 2 (PS3) - Again, a bit less spooky, but scares the shit out of me. And Halloween is all about being bullied by other people dressed as scary looking creatures.
  3. Dead Space 3 (PS3) - Fuck it. Ima go for the whole series.

Games under consideration:-

• Diablo 3 (PS4) - This game kinda feels good to play with all that mystical aura.
  • The Last of Us Remastered (PS4) - ZOMBIEEESSSSS
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts (PS3) - GHOSTS BRO GHOSTS? HALLOWEEN IS IN THE NAME.
  • DOOM: Eternal (PS5) - You're literally killing spawns of hell. What else do you want?
  • Resident Evil 2 (PS4) - MORE ZOMBIEEEEESSSSSS
  • Resident Evil 7 (PS4) - I feel like the manor/mansion/house looks like someone decorated it especially for halloween

That's all that I have so far. Please Sign me up and let me know if these games are eligible or not. I've checked them to my knowledge and I think they're eligible. Thank you for this oppurtunity.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

For simplicity's sake, I would say no, unfortunately. It is a pretty good game though, I do recommend it to anyone that likes an a stealth action adventure with great graphics and a pretty decent story.

This is a shame. But, oh well, there are other spooky games out there to play. And so, MY LIST! One thing to keep in mind is that I don't think a game being horror-based itself makes it Halloween-like. I think it needs the correct kind of aesthetic. The vibe of a horror movie is a good start, but even just the overall feeling of autumn and a sense of spooky dread I think is enough. It's hard to explain, maybe this list will help.

1) Batman: Arkham Asylum - This game's always given me really heavy Halloween vibes. The dark atmosphere, the creepy clown taunting you the whole time, and do I even need to talk about the Scarecrow sections? This is totally a Halloween game.

2) Dead Space 3 - Though it's the least scary of the series, it's hard to argue that this isn't still a Halloween and horror game, what with all the body horror zombies and all that. I've really been meaning to finish this before the remake comes out too, so this is a good excuse.

3) SAW - A couple years ago, I watched the entire SAW franchise over the span of October. Most of them aren't very good, including this game apparently, but I guess I'm going to find out! Should be a good time.

The rest of these are just random thoughts. Not sure if I'll do all of them, but it's a shortlist for what I'm looking forward to with this event.

4) Resident Evil - Do I really need to say anything here? Zombie horror mansion. And Wow, what a mansion! it is.

5) Bloodborne - Spooky monsters, creepy set pieces, and an overall freaky eldritch theme. Very Halloween-y.

6) Savage Halloween - It has Halloween in the name! Plus it stars a werewolf, a huntress lady, and someone with a jack-o-lantern head. Classic Halloween.

7) Undead Horde - Nothing spookier than skeletons! The idea of a necromancer raising everyone they can from the dead to take over the world screams Halloween to me.

8) Days Gone - The zombies are key for something being Halloween-related, but also the other aesthetics of the game fit it too I think. We'll have to see.

9) htoLNiQ: The Firefly Diary - This is what I mean by a game's aesthetics being Halloween-based. I haven't played this yet, but it does seem to have some spooky stuff in it, and all the warm colors along with the art style just really says Halloween to me.

10) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate - Fucking around with Dracula of all people puts this solidly in Halloween territory. You can't have him without it being spooky. It's just impossible.

11) Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2 - Same reasons as before, but you PLAY as Dracula too! The gameplay is also different enough that I'm confident in putting both on here without burnout.

12) Psychonauts - While less distinctly spooky than others on the list, the weird and creepy aspects of the game are definitely there in spades. Everything down to the character design makes this game right at home with the Halloween crowd.

13) Costume Quest 2 - A game actively about children dressing up for and participating in Halloween. The only reason it's last is because I don't technically own this one, but hopefully that will change before the end of this challenge!

Will I get all these done? Who knows? I'll probably end up swapping a lot out, but it's a good start. Good luck, everyone! Merry Spooks!

• Like 1