The Revenge of 13 Plats of Halloween (Sign Ups Closed)

Resident Evil 2 :platinum:

Resident Evil 3 :platinum:

Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB :platinum:

Nexomon

FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch

Finished castlevania and need to say i am tired of the Extra modes like the Richter run :D all in all a nice Retro game and nice metroidvania.

Playing right now FIST were the animals of Torch city try to stop the machine dogs. In my opinion it has a nice Story for halloween or at least as far as i am in the game. In the spoilers are a bit more explained why i think it fits in halloween.

Spoiler

The machine dogs try to change all lifing animals into machines.

I think this thought is pretty scary, but if anyone has a problem with the pick I can just exclude it for the event :) 

Edited by Inuty
  • Like 2

Finished my first game, Ender Lilies: Quietus of the Knights.  And in keeping with the Halloween theme, the final two levels are an abandoned lab and literally hell.

And here, have some nice nightmare fuel via whatever the hell this thing is:

Spoiler

E-46qkWX0AApOO3.jpg

Edited by Ilzaki

Finished both Costume Quest 2 (PS3) and The Medium (PS5). The Medium only took 1 3/4 playthroughs (~7-8 hrs) and Akira Yamaoka's music helped to make the experience a joy! He did the music for the original Silent Hill, which came out when I was 12 or so and changed the way I think about what's scary. Thanks for putting this event together!

Hi there,

finished my first game for the event: Vampyr

The story was really great and the histories of the people in London you interact with were really interessting too. The music did a good job to create a nice atmosphere ( think i have the Vinyl of Vampyr somewhere :hmm:)

The only two things that destroyed the game a little for me where the long loadingtimes ( i died a lot so yeah, alot of loading screens for me) and the game crashed on me so oft that at some point i gave up on counting.

Signing up

My first 3 games will be 

1.Doom VFR - Welp, its Doom. No need for an introduction. 

2.Slender The Arrival (EU) PS4 - Another welp, its Slenderman. Speaks for itself

3.The Inpatient

Choices based game, akin to Telltale games and Resident Evil 6 type of gameplay mainly set in an Asylum. 

Remaining games will be added shortly. 

Edited by Prometheous101

Tuesday Update:

Finished Erica.  I'll leave it at that before I start to rant again. :lol:

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?

• Like 4

2 hours ago, DJ__Beatroot said:

Tuesday Update:

Finished Erica.  I'll leave it at that before I start to rant again. :lol:

1. Erica: Psychological thriller, with an occult hospital and strange people :platinum:

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods

3. South Park: The Stick of Truth:  What could be more Halloween than costumes, Gnomes, Al Gore and the Goth Kids?

Yeah, Erica was a decent concept of mixing some interactions with an FMV. But yeah, the road to the platinum was more painful than it really needed to be

Everyone has been added/updated. 

Last call to join. 

• Like 1

clemluke.jpg

I finished my second game! I'm going to just preemptively announce my third, fourth games too; since they will be finished today and are mostly the same thing. These three games are all part of The Walking Dead series. Specifically, the first three games in the series. I played all three of these games a really long time ago and mostly forgot what happens. It's almost been like a fresh playthrough. I did remember some of the broad strokes, but there were some surprises again for sure, even with larger plot points. I really like TellTale Games' stuff. it's a shame what happened to the studio. I've been hoping someone would come in and fill their void. I want choose-your-own-adventure games of so many different book series and cartoons I watched as a kid etc. I'm curious as to what will be done with A Wolf Among Us part 2 from the studio that snatched up those rights. Maybe they'll be awesome and be the new TellTale. Anyway, I don't think I have much original to say about these since TellTale's games are well known within the trophy hunting community. We've all played them or seen them at this point. They are mostly the same gameplay-wise. It's just a matter of the story and the world changing. I think they're fun and if you like The Walking Dead or zombies in general. You'd probably like these games. I am eagerly anticipating finally playing the fourth game. I've never even seen anything about it. I know it exists and it's supposed to wrap-up Clementine's story, but I know nothing beyond that. My next update will probably be that I finished it and giving a mini-review of that final season. 

S7c6bdc.png - Untitled-2.png

hades-ds.png - 19%>>>21%

rose-dc.png - 21%>>> 23%

S94f944.png - Untitled-2.png

wd2.png - Untitled-1.png

S8ffcbb.png - Untitled-2.png

wds4-dc.png - 0%

aliso-dc.png - 17%

dthstrnd-dc.png - 42%

res7-dc.png - 93% (Full playthrough on hardest difficulty and collectables still to do)

mlf-dc.png - 97% (but quite a grind to finish the last trophy)

demsouls-dc.png - 14%

holknight-dc.png - 7%

• Like 1

Oh heck yes! I was already getting started for the spooky season, so I'd love to jump into his event. I'm pretty sure I meet the 50 post limit just barely. We'll see if I embarrass myself.

1. Soul Sacrifice I already got started on this, but it's been a long time coming. Pretty unnerving storytelling with plenty of body horror. Blood runes! Soul sucking! Spooky!

2. Castlevania Anniversary Collection This one I was planning to start on October 1 and try to finish one game per day. We'll see how well that goes. Vampires! Vampire hunters! Spooky!

3. Resident Evil The original. The remake. The remaster of the remake. Everyone knows this one. Finally gonna be adding it to my trophy collection. Zombos! Monsters! Spooky!

4. Dying Light Another that's been sitting in my backlog at 1%. But I can finally give this a shot in this event since I finally bought all the DLC on sale this week. Zombos! Darkness! Spooky!

I'll add some as we go, but I think this is a lot to bite off for now. Very excited for the spooky time.

• Like 2

First Update:

I was able to finish my first two off the list recently. One more of my solid choices before we get into the fluid ones. I really enjoyed I Expect You To Die 2. Great puzzle VR game with a cool spy twist. Reminded me a lot of the escape rooms me and my friends would do around Halloween before lockdown. And Control is always great. That's my fourth Control platinum. One more for the full set. Now just waiting for Blair Witch to get here from Amazon and i'll dig into that. Also made a few changed to my fluid list already and opened up some spots just to see what happens.

Solid Picks:

1. I Expect You To Die 2 :platinum:

2. Control Ultimate Edition (PS5 EU) :platinum:

3. Blair Witch 

Let's see what happens

4. Walking Dead Collection

5. The Medium

6. Overcooked All You Can Eat

7. Alan Wake Remastered

8. Deathloop

• Like 2

Resident Evil 2 :platinum:

Resident Evil 3 :platinum:

Castlevania Requiem: SotN & RoB :platinum:

FIST: Forged in Shadow Torch :platinum:

Nexomon

Finished FIST over the Weekend and ist is a really Nixe metroidvania from the gameplay. Cutscenes could use some better Animations and the Story could have been a Bit deeper with more character bounding but ist is a solid metroidvania and that is what Matters. Ist took me 18 hours so it had a nice lenght for 30€. If you like metroidvanias you should give it a go!

some complain about buggy trophies so i think it is better to wait a bit for some patches. I didn’t encounter any issues in my playthrough so maybe I am really lucky.

next up will be Nexomon but I will wait until friday for the release.

• Like 1

Completed my first game. The Stick of Truth was just as quirky and fun as I remembered it and firing on all South Park cylinders. I noticed early on in my playthrough that I missed a collectible and it triggered my memory that there were quite a few items that could become missable if not being thorough with the game. I restarted the game and paid special attention to making sure I explored every corner of the town and luckily didn't have any problems getting the platinum to pop. Other than having to be concerned with missing items, I liked the game quite a lot and am now considering doing both South Park games back to back...

1. Little Nightmares II - Game has a creepy vibe with escape from a Nightmare theme
  2. The Wolf Among Us - Murder mystery thriller about fairy tale creatures
  3. Yaga - Battle all sorts of creatures from Slavic Folklore
  4. Limbo - Looks to be a creepy atmosphere to this game and have I mentioned GIANT SPIDERS!!
  5. Until Dawn - Interactive Horror game Still planning on doing this one even though it doesn't qualify (by just a hair..)
  6. Demon's Souls - Battling the undead and hordes of Monsters
  7. Hades - Fighting your way through the Underworld and all its denizens.
  8. South Park: Stick of Truth - 100% :platinum:
  • Like 1

On 5/9/2021 at 9:32 AM, blu3st4rdust305 said:

The two lists are identical, so I would consider them stacks. Also, I have not added Amnesia to the list, since I am not sure which Amnesia game you have in mind.

Ok fair enough lol. I ended deciding to play Slender: The Arrival insted of Amnesia as I want to clear most of my PS3 backlog. Also a little update, taking my time with Dead Space, currently on 47% and I'm loving the game so far, can't believe I didn't play it a lot sooner. 

Count me in assuming these qualify, only one has a platinum but it’s technically 14 games…

1. Mega Man Legacy Collection

Lb0fa2f.png

Already started (38%) but the “Challenges” in this game look to be an absolute nightmare.

2. Disney Afternoon Collection

L34f8aa.png

A lot of Halloween themes (mummies, headless knights, etc), the skeleton ducks in DuckTales always gave me the creeps at least.

3. Castlevania Requiem - Symphony of the Night & Rondo of Blood

L03a1c4.png

I’ve never played either of these before but gaming-wise this appears to be the ultimate Halloween experience?

Edited by Tsundokuist

So I finished the first game, but none of the 3 main games (though I'm doin' pretty good on the Alien: Isolation-front!)

Corpse Party BR (PS4) - 0/51 -> :platinum: 51/51

It was absolutely great though I had problems with the sound but well, it was absolutely stunning! Loved every second of it and took me good 15 hours to clear (almost) everything.

And I think I'm not going to play Little Nightmares and The Walking Dead Season 2 but instead Doki Doki Literature Club! Plus and Oxenfree.

But these games are all after the main three so if I read it right it doesn't matter if I switch the games randomly, right? ?

• Like 2

On 9/3/2021 at 6:27 PM, Yechan said:

My first three:

1. Dead Space 3. Spooky game in space. The only trophy I have left is beating the game on hard which I've been trying on and off since 2020.
2. Angels of Death. Seems to be a game about serial killers.

3. Devil May Cry. Killing demons around a Haunted mansion. I have most of the trophies already besides the few for maxing things out and beating the game on Devil May Cry Mode. 

Just wanted to give an update that I finished Devil May Cry.

I also want to add the following games to my list:
4. PLAGUE ROAD. A doctor just trying to do his job but getting attacked by his potential patients.
5. Last Labyrinth. An escape the room adventure PSVR game that I only played for 10 minutes so far. This game actually reminded me of Beyond the Labyrinth (ラビリンスの彼方) a 3DS game and was one of the reasons why I wanted to get it.
6. TOUHOU DOUBLE FOCUS. It's a game about two tengu exploring a book. AKA two girls in costume going trick or treating of course. I only have a handful of trophies left.
7. ODDWORLD: MUNCH'S ODDYSEE HD. Fun game about saving a species from going extinct due to poaching and also to save your pals from the greedy corporations that have enslaved them. Spooky. I already beat the game once but I need to do at least one more playthrough for trophies. 
8. WEEPING DOLL. PSVR game about exploring spooky events that happened in a spooky house related to a spooky doll. The only trophy I have left is for beating the game. One of the first PSVR games I played back when the PSVR came out around in 2016. I was right at the end, literally one more action to finish it but the game glitched where I couldn't do that one action and so progress was blocked no matter what I tried. I'll start a new game and hopefully it doesn't glitch out on me at the end.

9. INFAMOUS: FESTIVAL OF BLOOD. Non-canon inFamous game where Cole gets turned into a vampire. A. Vampire. Spooky. Originally I wanted to get the online trophy out of the way before the server eventually goes down so I started playing it earlier this year but I enjoyed it so much that I beat the game. I still have some cleanup trophies to do. 
10. HUNTED: THE DEMON'S FORGE. You go around beating undeads, demons, and the most horrifying creature of them all: human. Actually I don't know if you fight against any humans because I have only played this game for 10 minutes. This was one of the many sealed PS3 games that I had lying around but never played. Since besides for Angels of Death, Plague Road, and Last Labyrinth, most of the games are ones that I have played beaten or played a decent amount, I thought I should add a game that I played for less than 1 hour.

Update:

I finished my second game: The Walking Dead: The Telltale Definitive Series (EU).

I only played the first season before (on the 360) so the complete rest of the seasons were new to me.

I rank the seasons (from worst to best):

-Michonne: Feels like a longer episode of the main seasons that was cut in three pieces (because episodic games) and rushed from a story perspective at the same time.

- Season 3 A New Frontier: I liked the new protagonist and the family theme but it felt like a sidestory. The complete season is in dire need of an dedicated button to slap Gabe (I hated this character).

- Season 2: Solid story but there was too much petty bickering between the people in your groups (in- and outside of dangerous situations). 

- Season 4 Final Season: Best gameplay of the series with a satisfying conclusion to the Clementine story (in my opinion). But too much teenage drama for my liking (the slap button that I wished for in season 3 would be a great help in this season too).

- Season 1: It has its lenghts but nothing beats the Lee/Clementine relationship ant THAT ending. Storywise it is the best of the whole series and (together with season 4) it felt like a (story heavy) game and not as much as a movie with a little bit of gameplay in it (mostly QTEs).

In all seasons I had the problem, that the analogstick controls don´t register right away, which leads to some deaths in the QTEs and timed sequences. Also there was recognizable texture loading more than one time.

The collection includes all 4 seasons of the series plus the Michonne sidestory and the 400 days DLC. Additionally there is a character-, concept art- and soundtrack gallery and a developer commentary for one episode per season.

Platinum wise their is nothing to care about simply play every episode of every season and the plat is yours.

• Like 1

Today's Update!

Finished Oxenfree.  Nice game, although I think I'll swear off playing any game that requires multiple playthroughs!!

2. Oxenfree: Overnight island party, that goes wrong - sort of like Cabin in the Woods :platinum:

• Like 3

I have been able to platinum Heavy Rain and Escape from Dead Island. Both taking more than 5 years to complete. 

I bought a copy of Heavy Rain from my local library and I thought it was going to kill my little PS3. A day I truly fear. But I ended up buying a nicer copy and move controllers. I only needed 2 trophies so it was pretty straight forward. Heavy Rain is an awesome game. But the last time I played it was 2016 or something and boy was I in for a fright. I completely forgot about the sex scene in the motel and it just felt so archaic. Also using the motion controls made it weirder. 

I also platinumed Escape Dead Island but unfortunately I’m missing one trophy for 100%. I just need to get 100 kills with the assault rifle. The game is not really scary but it’s pretty fun. It’s also very nice that you can replay the game numerous times without having to worry about losing progress on kills and collectibles. 

• Like 1

My spooky adventures have now taken me to an underground dungeon full of skeletons, mummies, and ghosts. Which is really no different than any other game I seem to be playing right now. Huh...

1. The Bard's Tale IV: Barrows Deep
  2. The Mummy Demastered
  3. Chasm

Well, three down anyway.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

I've completed one game that fits the Halloween theme so i'll put in on the list: i've played Magicka 2 which is an action game in which i and 3 friends were wizards and killed a lot of fantasy type enemies like skeletons among others :) ... fun story but a bit basic for my liking but the grind kill yourself 1000 times, your friends 1000 times and 10 000 enemies is really asking too much...

I also finished my first playthrough of Escape Dead Island and i think that game is cool with it's story, it has a few twists i didn't see coming and on the other hand the shooting mechanic is horrible. enemies dash away to the side really quick if they're close and fighting them with melee feels better but a couple of times the amount of enemies were overwhelming so i had to shoot... i missed a few collectibles and have to grind some more kills with the rifle and explore the underwater labs more but i have to do a 2nd playthrough anyway so i'll be busy for another week at least with it...

1. Z-Run: 18/18 (100%)

2. Escape Dead Island: 44/61 (77%)

3. MediEvil: 0/39 (0%)

4. Dead Space 2 DE: 9/51 (13%)

5. Magicka 2: 47/47 :platinum:

• Like 1

Update:

I finished my third game: Mundaun.

A eerie indie horror game set in a remote mountain village in switzerland. The most outstanding feature of the game is it´s graphic style. It looks like a mix of PSone graphics and something pencil drawn.

The most of the time you solve puzzles (that can become a little cryptic at times) and run from or fight different enemies (for the platinum it is better to run because there is a trophy for not harming a single enemy, except the bees).

When you are going for the platinum, there is nothing to hard to do and all trophies can be earned in one playthrough except the three different endings, but they can be earned in 10 - 20 minutes extra playtime per ending by loading a previous save file (the game keeps all auto save files).

• Like 2