Online Servers officially announced permanently closed.

JamieCon20

1 hour ago, SuperSmexy500 said:

Here's hoping they maybe one day port the story mode levels from all previous LBP games, as well as all previous existing levels/creations uploaded to the servers to a new title in the series on PS5 at some point.

you can still play community creations via lbp 3 on ps4/5.

5 minutes ago, UndreyVITA said:

This sucks. I originally got the game on an older account and had to switch accounts so I lost all the trophies. I couldn't try for the online trophies again because the game had an online pass at the time IIRC. I eventually got the online pass but kept putting this off. Sucks there was no heads-up. The person who caused all of this is a dumbass.

I don't remember the need for an online pass

I've had this game in my backlog for years. I've always been meaning to get to it but never did. I was going to but then I heard about all these problems people have been having recently with the servers and didn't want to start it up until I heard it was fixed. Now I'm so glad I didn't even bother.

Does anyone know what this hacker's motivation is? something similar happened in Titanfall, I can't understand why there are people destroying things like that.

4 minutes ago, UndreyVITA said:

I think they were upset at the way the series was being treated by PlayStation. Which is ironic because they just made it worse.

oh, they were upset and so they decided to destroy the games at once? lol, great 

9 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

you can still play community creations via lbp 3 on ps4/5.

I'm aware, and I know the story mode levels are still intact in their original releases, it'd just be nice to get a LBP 4 or LBP "Ultimate" that contains all the content from the previous games on PS5 at some point. Not holding out hope, as I said, but it would be nice.

• Like 1

Many memories 7 years ago with LBP 1 and 2, i lost the levels i keep but i'm going to collect this games forever, LBP was and it's one of the best playstation sagas ever made, love sackboy but sadly the Playstation of today it's not the same, with this, PS5 will be the last console i bought for them, i need to buy sackboy big adventure , thanks for all pretty boy Sackboy and fuck Playstation 2021 , Jim Ryan and his scum partners.

• Like 2

That sucks as I was hoping to go back to these at some point in the next year, would have been cool to get the plat in lbp 1 especially since it was where I got my first ever trophy, I still remember the notification for it popping up and I had no idea what just happened as I didn't even know trophies were a thing yet

• Like 3

Just now, SuperSmexy500 said:

I'm aware, and I know the story mode levels are still intact in their original releases, it'd just be nice to get a LBP 4 or LBP "Ultimate" that contains all the content from the previous games on PS5 at some point. Not holding out hope, as I said, but it would be nice.

God hear you please.

LBP ultimate would be amazing

• Like 2

That sucks, especially when I thought about Platinum-ing them eventually. 

I get there were DDOS attacks that makes this wildly different than usual, but an advance warning would’ve made this easier to swallow to give time for them trophies.

And for those who say “It’s been up for 13 years! You had all that time to Platinum it”

1) People paid for the old game, they should be able to continue accessing the online features for as long as possible.

Microsoft still allows 360 Gears of War games to be accessible online even though those are “old” (And yes Halo 360 servers are shutting down but at least we got 1 year warning and remasters are available for those same numbered entries)

2) Thats not the same for everyone as new players can play older legacy games even long after ppl are done with it and bought older systems a lot later.

3) There’s so many games right now, sure we could prioritise old games online trophies but with real life and other games to focus on that consistently come out not all of us are going to think ‘Going to Platinum LBP!’ by the 8th year it was out which is why a warning would’ve been ideal (despite understandably being due to the DDOS attacks).

Apologies that it was long winded, but I keep seeing this and want to say that old LBP players and completionists are allowed to be disappointed by this news and best we can do now is just move on to the PS4 LBP 3 trophies and render that as the big one to complete for now. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AwkwardFantasy said:

I have no idea if this is legit or not, but I’ve seen several people claiming that ps3 and vita games could no longer be patched after august 2021, meaning getting those servers back up may have been impossible if it required a patch. 

Depending on what they were doing, server updates don't generally require patches.

28 minutes ago, Valzentia said:

aaaaaand looks like I either jinxed it or was 100% correct in telling everyone not to get their hopes up.

Well... a pessimist will always find a reason to justify their confirmation bias. I wouldn't say the reasons you gave for not staying hopeful were founded on anything more than complete speculation and in contrast there has been many messages from the developers as well as server uptimes to justify staying hopeful over the last six months.

So I'll go with you jinxed it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WaddysWDS said:

How can we exert pressure so that the trophies that require an online connection can be changed to an offline requirement like the guys at Disintegration did?

Continue posting about it.

Anywhere that they'll see it.

Use the same social media platforms as them, make alt accounts if you have to, @ them on Twitter and Instagram, make petitions.

I'll gladly support where I can but I have a full time job and can't dedicate myself to this as much as I wish I could.

Before anyone says that there's no guarantee— of course there isn't. Never is. But plenty of games have made changes for many different circumstances. None of us are on the inside. If we just resign to saying that it's impossible, though, then yes, it will be because nobody even tried.

I can provide signatures, I can provide reposts and likes and follows, I can provide upvotes on Reddit. I can @ developers if anyone wants me to and can give me their handles/usernames. I'll send emails if anyone has addresses.

I'm not suggesting to harass obviously, but this is how it's been done elsewhere. The possibility of the PS3 and Vita content being shutdown as a result of assumed lack of interest means proving them wrong might change how this goes down.

And if this has to go on for long enough (which requires us all to continue caring and not give up easily), what really needs to happen is we stop buying new games they put out if they continue to do this to games we enjoy. Vote with your wallet. Refuse to let them sunset games suddenly or to allow their networks to be breached without either having security or alternatives or solutions.

Edited by Moostache7
Typo
  • Like 2