[NA] Big in Japan Sale | Ends 10/7

Neocarleen

6 minutes ago, MissShake said:

Sounds like you're being shown the wrong ones, my dude. I'm not the biggest anime fan, but there are some great ones out there.

oh definitely could be.  I think it is a stylistic thing.  Girls will oversized eyes and pointy ears coming out of their head just seems bizarre to me. ?

But i wholly understand people have different interests (fetishes?).

Edited by djb5f

4 minutes ago, djb5f said:

oh definitely could be.  I think it is a stylistic thing.  Girls will oversized eyes and pointy ears coming out of their head just seems bizarre to me. 1f604.png

Oh trust me, I'm really not into how modern anime is stylized either. Very heavily focused on fanservice, and since I'm not attracted to women... Well most of it just isn't for me lol. Older shows are pretty good though, if you want "safer" options that fans of anime and non fans enjoy then it's kind of hard to go wrong with Cowboy Bebop. Short and sweet, it's got like a space noir vibe going on that's really a fun time!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, djb5f said:

oh definitely could be.  I think it is a stylistic thing.  Girls will oversized eyes and pointy ears coming out of their head just seems bizarre to me. ?

I completely understand where you’re coming from and I tend to feel the same. I try not to bash anime in public too much because I know there’s a large overlap between weebs and gamers and I don’t want to insult anyone, but tbh I’ve always been a little bit creeped out by anime and weeb culture in general.

I was more open to it as a kid though, I remember racing home from school to watch shows like Pokémon and Sailor Moon. ? There are also a few really cool ones I’ve stumbled across over the years; Spirited Away blew my mind when I first saw it and is probably one of my favourite films of all time, and I watched Princess Mononoke one time during an acid trip and I swear to god it was one of the trippiest things I’ve ever seen. The quality and depth of the animation was mind blowing, and it just felt like there was some pretty obvious psychedelic influences behind the artwork.

Honestly I would be really open to exploring more anime if I could just find stuff that was more in line with my tastes. The problem is just that most I’ve been exposed to is pretty cringey.

2 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

Then Katamari Damacy Reroll

I’m on the YouTubes right now so I’ll check it out. Thank you. ?

edit: It looks hilarious!

Edited by dieselmanchild
  • Like 1

Been waiting for a sale like this over the past few months! I guess the sale is also to coincide with Tokyo Game Show. Still salty that Blade Strangers didn't get a sale at the end of August though.

Definitely grabbing Trails of Cold Steel (own it on PS3, rather have it on PS4 now), Kandagawa Jet Girls, all 3 Atelier DX Trilogies (they pretty much NEVER go on sale and include all dlc+bonus content), Langrisser 1+2, and maybe Crystar+all dlc, SNK Heroines Tag Team Frenzy and Robotics;Notes Double Pack.

I want to grab all the Atelier series but, so confusing what to get, like theres all the dlc and stuff, if they have trophies or just swimsuits etc, its giving me a headache to just look and think about it.

10 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

I'll be picking up Resonance of Fate and P5 Ultimate 

I’d say its 100% worth it to spend a few more vucks and get the standard edition of Persona 5 Royal. It’s the original game bundled with all its DLC + new content and new DLC. There’s so many QoL changes too!

10 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Another sale with a majority of titles being completely unfamiliar to me. Anybody have any suggestions or spy any hidden gems in that list? 1f642.png

Suggestion: Persona 5 Royal. Persona 5 Ultimate is a few bucks cheaper but Royal is the original game + all its DLC (costumes & Personas), along with an entire new semester, more characters, tons of QoL improvements & new DLC.

I’ve watched a handful of anime and while I enjoyed them I don’t really care for anime at all. Persona 5 on the other hand. *chiefs kiss* 

9 hours ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

Looks like an (almost) all Japanese games sale. Weebs and Men of Culture, assemble. 

Weeb? Huh. Men of Culture? Yeah that works for me. Let’s see if there’s anything I’d actully like.

8 hours ago, djb5f said:

Yeah, I didn’t realize it at first either but it makes sense.  

I’d rather stub myself in the eye with a sharp object than watch an anime.  I can’t begin to understand their popularity.  A Japanese thing for sure but some Americans enjoy it too.

Geez. That harsh?

This is coming from the person who plays POWGI games, NHL, MLB & NBA. 

I’d rather stab myself in the eye than watch or play NHL, NBA or MLB. I can’t begin to understand their popularity.

8 hours ago, MissShake said:

Sounds like you're being shown the wrong ones, my dude. I'm not the biggest anime fan, but there are some great ones out there.

Agreed.

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 3

5 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I completely understand where you’re coming from and I tend to feel the same. I try not to bash anime in public too much because I know there’s a large overlap between weebs and gamers and I don’t want to insult anyone, but tbh I’ve always been a little bit creeped out by anime and weeb culture in general.

I was more open to it as a kid though, I remember racing home from school to watch shows like Pokémon and Sailor Moon. 1f602.png There are also a few really cool ones I’ve stumbled across over the years; Spirited Away blew my mind when I first saw it and is probably one of my favourite films of all time, and I watched Princess Mononoke one time during an acid trip and I swear to god it was one of the trippiest things I’ve ever seen. The quality and depth of the animation was mind blowing, and it just felt like there was some pretty obvious psychedelic influences behind the artwork.

Honestly I would be really open to exploring more anime if I could just find stuff that was more in line with my tastes. The problem is just that most I’ve been exposed to is pretty cringey.

I’m on the YouTubes right now so I’ll check it out. Thank you. 1f642.png

edit: It looks hilarious!

The game is quite funny and also just addicting to play.

Plat is kind of annoying as you need to collect every item but it is just so much fun to roll around

11 hours ago, SnakeSound222 said:

Darn, I was hoping for Attack on Titan 2: Final Battle upgrade pack to be on sale. The deals for the ultimate editions of DB FighterZ and DBZ Kakarot look good though.

Same. It feels like the Attack on Titan games never go on sale, and I'm just holding out hope that one day.. one day I'll wake up and it finally will be

@OmegaRejectz don't think too poorly of me but the reason I'm going with P5 and not P5R is because P5 has like a 10% plat and P5R has like a 40% plat. I know for a lot of people that's a little loose but that is really a significantly more common plat and I'd rather honestly go with the less updated version with the much rarer plat

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

@OmegaRejectz don't think too poorly of me but the reason I'm going with P5 and not P5R is because P5 has like a 10% plat and P5R has like a 40% plat. I know for a lot of people that's a little loose but that is really a significantly more common plat and I'd rather honestly go with the less updated version with the much rarer plat

Oh… haha, yeah definitely odd. But I guess as long as you’re trying the phenomenal game I guess that’s all that matters

On 9/22/2021 at 8:11 PM, NERVergoproxy said:

I want to grab all the Atelier series but, so confusing what to get, like theres all the dlc and stuff, if they have trophies or just swimsuits etc, its giving me a headache to just look and think about it.

the Deluxe versions don't have additional DLC trophy's if that's what you're concerned about. games are the same just added stuff to do in the endgame along with the goodies.

1 hour ago, kingdrake2 said:

the Deluxe versions don't have additional DLC trophy's if that's what you're concerned about. games are the same just added stuff to do in the endgame along with the goodies.

So if I simply just buy the Trilogy DX I get all the every dlc that ever had came out? 
I wish the trilogy was discount a little bit more, though its already kinda a good deal than buying them separately at $30each, you get all 3 for $67.49. It also seems Trilogy only have like 1 sale a year XD, might have to wait till mid 2022 for another chance, but the price had been dropping each time. Ahh, what to do what to do.

yes you get all the DLC. as far as price it hasn't gone any lower than that it's probably your best bet at this time to grab it at 30% off.

they hardly go on sale compared to the rest of the ps4 games.

Edited by kingdrake2

I should point out that the reason why Atelier franchise is on sale right now, despite being rarely on sale, is because Gust is celebrating the franchise's 25th Anniversary. Last time we had any significant sale across the Atelier spectrum was when Gust celebrated Atelier Ryza's success few months ago. Before that, beyond pre-orders, titles rarely went on sale, if at all. AFAIK most of them went on sale only once (if at all!).

Update: I recalled wrong- the sale I had mentioned had been Steam-only discount. With sole exception of Ryza 1 & 2, the PS4 versions, both originals (which have since been delisted) and DX versions, have never gone on sale before, outside of pre-order discount. Even PS3 and Vita versions rarely went on sale.

If anyone wants to get any of the Atelier titles, this would be your best bet. Otherwise it's likely it will be very long time before they go on sale again, and don't expect the prices to be any cheaper.

Edited by darkalphar
Corrected the wrong info

On 9/23/2021 at 5:29 AM, OmegaRejectz said:

Geez. That harsh?

This is coming from the person who plays POWGI games, NHL, MLB & NBA. 

I’d rather stab myself in the eye than watch or play NHL, NBA or MLB. I can’t begin to understand their popularity.

Agreed.

Not surprising, If some people did actually some research instead of blindly talk nonsense lol... but it's easier to only look at the surface i guess ~_~;

Edited by Nelson_Otaku