8 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You only have to rank up salvador and zero. every other class you can do at lvl 5. so my advice would be to play as zero cause you have to reach lvl 31 with him to skill him enough for the trophy. and for salvador you have to reach rank 25 i think,

and you probably can farm xp in murderlins tempel which you have to play anyway.

There's an exploit which uses bandit car unless they fixed it. I used it in BL2 to skip the whole grind.

• Like 1

Has no one played a standalone before? There is no importing characters, nor does it have anything to do with the base game lol. You start the DLC at level 1 and cap at 35. There's new quests and looks like itll only have one difficulty, hence the one-shot in the game.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, dieselmanchild said:

This is so… odd. Why did this DLC get released as a standalone package with its own platinum? Don’t get me wrong, I’m not complaining! But I’m a little confused.

The upcoming Tiny Tina's Wonderlands is a direct sequel to this, so I'm guessing it's to build hype for that and also so people can play this without having to buy either The Handsome Collection or Borderlands 2 and this as DLC for that. Makes it an easy entry for people to play it to be able to experience the story building up to the new game.

Edited by Stevieboy

1 hour ago, Stevieboy said:

There's trophies for all 6 playable characters that were in BL2. Maya, Zero, Salvador & Axton got their trophies added, and there's a new trophy each for Gaige & Krieg.

I enjoyed this as DLC, but I'm not sure about multiple playthroughs. Certainly not doing this 6 times.

10 minutes ago, MrDusi said:

What about the challenges, is the Jimmy Jenkins challenge still in there or did they change a bunch of challenges?

Jimmy Jenkins is taken out. The remaining challenges seem fine, but no idea if you still need to lvl 5 shotguns and rockets

Also an FYI, you get 2 points per level, so I guess you get like 78 total, since there's 34 level ups.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

The only online-ish element is the challenge for winning a Duel but you can do that in local splitscreen co-op if you have 2 controllers - everything else can be done in single player.

You have to revive someone on your friendslist. which btw didn't unlocked for me when reviving my alt a few times.

2 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

You have to revive someone on your friendslist. which btw didn't unlocked for me when reviving my alt a few times.

Whoops, I forgot about that. In BL2, that trophy was a little glitchy and sometimes wouldn't pop unless the other person was downed by an enemy. Also, sometimes you have to be host if I remember right.

Just now, HuntingFever said:

Whoops, I forgot about that. In BL2, that trophy was a little glitchy and sometimes wouldn't pop unless the other person was downed by an enemy. Also, sometimes you have to be host if I remember right.

I'm host and my alt got downed by an enemy aswell as an own grenade. I'll try it later again.

11 minutes ago, TheRealHardyBoy1 said:

I'm host and my alt got downed by an enemy aswell as an own grenade. I'll try it later again.

I just got it with my alt account with me as the host. To get it, I went to the Unassuming Docks of Little Importance and let one of the Skeleton Archers down my alt so I could revive them :).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Yes, the Freedom Cry DLC for AC 4: Black Flag.

10 minutes ago, sephiroth4424 said:

Comrades from FFXV comes to mind.

In fact that one even got dlc trophies after it became standalone

Ah, yes. Two games I knew to stay away from prior to their initial release. It's insane that a DLC that was later released as a standalone would in turn then get a DLC expansion. Publishers are really doing their best to make their customers look desperate.

Edited by Helyx
  • Like 1

I'm sure there are people out there that might be interested in the new game but haven't played the original DLC yet and this is perfect for them. Plus there's some new content for those of us that have! It probably doesn't warrant buying and playing through again just for that reason though, but it is a nice touch for those that will anyway.

Here's some info on the new content for those that are interested:

"Each Vault Hunter also has a new cosmetic Vault Hunter Head to collect in addition to their usual duds! That's not the only added content, either. You'll find plenty of new toys to play with, including Kite Shields that push enemies back when broken, Loot-a-pults that launch random loot across the map, and even a couple of fan-favorite BL2 missions transported into the world of the Wonderlands. There's more added content to discover, but we'll leave that to all you intrepid adventurers." (https://borderlands.com/en-US/news/2021-11-09-tiny-tinas-assault-on-dragon-keep-a-wonderlands-one-shot-adventure/)

New rainbow chests were also shown in the trailer so that's what the last sentence is probably hinting at. I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more new things though! And maybe even rewards on the new game for having played this? ?

Edited by HypnosXIII

1 hour ago, Bawzton said:

Has no one played a standalone before? There is no importing characters, nor does it have anything to do with the base game lol. You start the DLC at level 1 and cap at 35. There's new quests and looks like itll only have one difficulty, hence the one-shot in the game.

To be fair every BL Game had an import/export option (except the BL2 Vr version) , i mean even BL 1 got an save export option years after release. i guess the reason they didn't include it now is, that you only can play the dlc area and no maingame or other dlcs which would maybe lead to some error while loading the save.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Helyx said:

Ah, yes. Two games I knew to stay away from prior to their initial release. It's insane that a DLC that was later released as a standalone would in turn then get a DLC expansion. Publishers are really doing their best to make their customers look desperate.

And after that the game (comrades) was left completely to die. because eh..

• Like 1

It's been a long time since I've played the normal DLC, but you do get 2 points per level to assign to your skill trees, starting from the very beginning. Since that would be 34 level ups, that means you get 68 skill points at level 35. There also seems to be an "Easy Mode" option in the settings, although I don't know if it disables trophies or anything (it doesn't say). Easy Mode says it reduces the damage you take from all sources.

Edited by Akimitsu782