Chrono Cross: The Radical Dreamers Edition (07/04/2022)

25 minutes ago, locutus442 said:

What's also so cool about this is that included with this is a western release is Radical Dreamers.

Its also historic is that this is the first time a sateliview game has ever even been rereleased officially because most sateliview games were also paired with audio broadcasts which st giga owned that makes these rare gems complicated to rerelease as it was basically like doing a mario 2 for almost 100 games(bs zelda could potentially be rereleased by just replacing the kid you played as with link like some of the romhacks). Radical dreamers i assume probably Didnt have a radio drama or had its characters replaced with st giga owned characters like say bs zelda so it didn't have the rights issues other sateliview games had.

Chrono Cross. I can’t wait.

10 minutes ago, SegaJAM said:

I also had the AOL name "TheChronoCross" and was the first person to post the roulette cheat on the Zelbess (where you pause the game when the arrow is pointing towards the bottom-left, hold circle, and win 100% of the time) over on gamewinners.com

Let me raise a toast to you, then. So much rainbow material from that one little cheat.

Edited by starcrunch061
  • Like 1

Very excited about this

Played this game in 2000 for first time and i fell in love with it

Best soundtrack ever

They should have included Chrono trigger 

too

Oh april 7 you seem to be far away

What was the start of all this?

When did the cogs of fate begin to turn?

Perhaps it is impossible to grasp that answer now, From deep within the flow of time...

But, for a certainty, back then, We loved so many, yet hated so much,

We hurt others and were hurt ourselves...

Yet even then we ran like the wind, Whilst our laughter echoed, Under cerulean skies... 

Edited by Squarevii87

23 minutes ago, AK-1138 said:

Are they planning to make an effort to not make it feel like a tenuously connected off-brand fan sequel to one of the greatest RPGs of all time this time, or is it just gonna be the same old disappointing guff?

I have bad news for you about the original Chrono Cross.

Even back in the 90's, this was a super weird game, I suspect a lot of it may not hold up after 20+ years. Kind of hope I'm wrong, though!

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

Even back in the 90's, this was a super weird game, I suspect a lot of it may not hold up after 20+ years. Kind of hope I'm wrong, though!

I've been watching it a lot on Twitch lately and still find it enjoyable. Looking forward to playing it again.

• Like 1

I can’t wait to see the trophies…so I can be disappointed yet again. But maybe these will be closer to the Saga Frontier trophies than the Final Fantasy VIII trophies.

Inat least hope there is something in place for finding the top-tier elements. I thought that system of stealing them was pretty cool (if completely unnecessary).

"Everybody seems to love Chrono Trigger. What should we do?"

"...give 'em Chrono Cross."

Just brilliant. I don't understand how Square Enix can possibly be this clueless when it comes to milking their own games. Why rerelease Chrono Trigger on everything but consoles? Why not take that extra step? I just don't understand. Now that I got that out of the way, I'm really glad that we're getting a remaster of Chrono Cross. Like everyone else, I never thought this would actually happen. Chrono Cross was one of the first RPGs I ever played around ten years ago. Back then, I didn't know what the hell was going on when it came to the story or how to progress in the game; maybe this time around I'll be able to figure some of it out. 

On 2/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, PhyrxianLibrarin said:

It really wasn't weird. The gameplay was pretty straightforward and the story was pretentious but very understandable. A lot of Trigger fans hated it because of the fate of the original protagonists, which wasn't very happy. 

Edited by majob

On 10/02/2022 at 6:40 AM, MidnightDragon said:

The story is pretty straightforward. Can only do so much branching. 

There are multiple endings, multiple secret characters to collect, and special techniques to collect for those characters... not sure how much more complexity you could ask for. It's the opposite of a modern open world game, a small space densely packed with secrets and things to do.

One step closer....one step closer to Xenogears I hope. After FF7, Xenogears is easily Square's no 2 best game. Chrono Cross is maybe for me no4,

I'm happy to see Chrono Cross finally get rereleased although why not release this 5+ years ago? As now there will be no Vita version though..

Edited by enaysoft

7 hours ago, enaysoft said:

One step closer....one step closer to Xenogears I hope. After FF7, Xenogears is easily Square's no 2 best game. Chrono Cross is maybe for me no4,

I'm happy to see Chrono Cross finally get rereleased although why not release this 5+ years ago? As now there will be no Vita version though..

Xenogears is still my all time fav Square title. I had 120 hrs on the game and was in the end stages. My memory card for my ps1 was stolen and that was that. I have it for the vita but I really didnt think it ported well. The platforming felt off. This is the next game I want to see on a bigger screen though along with tactics.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Xenogears is still my all time fav Square title. I had 120 hrs on the game and was in the end stages. My memory card for my ps1 was stolen and that was that. I have it for the vita but I really didnt think it ported well. The platforming felt off. This is the next game I want to see on a bigger screen though along with tactics.

Sorry to hear about your memory card woes.

Tactics is my no3 lol

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Sorry to hear about your memory card woes.

Tactics is my no3 lol

yah me too. It was one of those nice ones that were like 10 cards on one device. All you had to do was push a button to switch cards. Stupid movers swiped it while my mom was in the other room along with a few games too. 

There are a few other games I also want to see like Brave Fencer, Vagrant Story, and one other called Ehrgeiz. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

yah me too. It was one of those nice ones that were like 10 cards on one device. All you had to do was push a button to switch cards. Stupid movers swiped it while my mom was in the other room along with a few games too. 

There are a few other games I also want to see like Brave Fencer, Vagrant Story, and one other called Ehrgeiz. 

Your memory card sounds like mine lol.

Although I always went for official 15 slot ones from Sony, many friends had issues with those multi save card ones. I never had an issue with a single memory card.

On 11/23/2021 at 5:38 PM, Abby_TheLastofUs said:

eblUCgC.png

Yes, a Chrono Cross remaster is coming to PS4.

It will include Radical Dreamers.

SQUARE ENIX00ae.png today announced CHRONO CROSS2122.png: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION, will be available digitally for the PlayStation00ae.png4 (PS42122.png) console, Nintendo Switch2122.png, Xbox One and Steam00ae.png on April 7th, 2022. Players will embark on an epic adventure that transcends time and space, with refined illustrations from original character designer, Nobuteru Yuuki, remastered music from acclaimed composer, Yasunori Mitsuda, and a variety of additional features.

CHRONO CROSS, which was never before released in Europe, returns as a remaster in CHRONO CROSS: THE RADICAL DREAMERS EDITION. Follow the story of Serge, who stumbles into another world and learns of the connection between his existence and the future of his planet. A classic time-bending tale of adventure and friendship, featuring one of the largest and most diverse casts of playable characters of any RPG. With over 40 potential party members, each character brings their own element affinity and unique skills. Additionally, "RADICAL DREAMERS  - Le Trésor Interdit -", a text-based adventure video game released for Sattelaview in 1996, which forms the bedrock of the story, is also included in this edition.

Players can look forward to some exciting new features, such as:

• 3D models converted to HD
  • Brand new artwork and character redesign by Nobuteru Yuuki
  • Refined background music by Yasunori Mitsuda
  • Switch enemy encounters on or off
  • Background filter feature
  • Battle enhancement features
  • Auto-battle function
  • French, Italian, German and Spanish localization now added
  • Switch between imitation pixel font and HD font
  • The inclusion of Radical Dreamers, never before released in the West. 
  • Players can choose between playing with original or updated graphics

*The 3D models, illustrations, font and background filter cannot be toggled separately. They will all be switched together.

The moment I heart the music play so many memories jumped into my head! This will be amazing and emotional and everything else all of us want a game to be :D I cannot fucking wait!!!

On 2/11/2022 at 10:01 AM, kingofbattle8174 said:

That's too bad! I'm not as much of a fan of Xenogears as others, but the music in that game was top notch, and the boss theme for the final boss was excellent.

And speaking of music, THEMATIC LINK! Because of course the same composer wrote tunes for Chrono games and Xenogears. Here are a few of my faves:

In Chrono Cross, you only heard this tune if you left the game on the title screen, which would lead to a sort of attract mode, with this awesome theme:

Xenogears has so many great tunes, I can't even count them. But my favorite is probably tied to the dumbest scene in the whole game. I won't recount the scene, but the tune is awesome.

This song just screams adventure, and to be fair, it's played a LOT on the second disc. It's awesome.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, starcrunch061 said:

That's too bad! I'm not as much of a fan of Xenogears as others, but the music in that game was top notch, and the boss theme for the final boss was excellent.

And speaking of music, THEMATIC LINK! Because of course the same composer wrote tunes for Chrono games and Xenogears. Here are a few of my faves:

In Chrono Cross, you only heard this tune if you left the game on the title screen, which would lead to a sort of attract mode, with this awesome theme:

Xenogears has so many great tunes, I can't even count them. But my favorite is probably tied to the dumbest scene in the whole game. I won't recount the scene, but the tune is awesome.

This song just screams adventure, and to be fair, it's played a LOT on the second disc. It's awesome.

Still one of the best intros in gaming in my opinion. 

• Like 1