Why is the platinum only 4%?

JakBrod

Don't know if it has been fixed, but when this game first came out I recall people saying it was extremely buggy. Buggy to the point that I think some trophies wouldn't pop. Again, this may have since been patched but I think that may be your answer. Or rather, part of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JakBrod said:

I've had a look at the trophy guide and it seems quite easy, yet the platinum is 4%.

Is there something I've overlooked or is it something else?

The base game is utter garbage. No other game has made my ps4 froze so often as this one. Slowdowns, framerate issues, buggy af trophies, you name it and this game probably has it.

The base game crafting system is caca. The story/setting is fun. The gameplay loop ain't, which is heartbreaking. 

The DLCs are the only good thing about the package. "They came from below" is ultra hilarious. If only the BASE package was as good tho.

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

It has some of the most atrocious collectible based trophies I’ve ever seen in w game. They’re totally random. And there’s 45 of them in regards to television shows. I’m needing two to get the trophy and they won’t ever come On. It’s honestly ridiculous that they’re random; they should’ve just played in a set loop. The game is a lot of fun, but it’s far too long, far too many campaigns l

• Like 4

There are numerous stability and performance issues, clunky controls and menus, several glitchy trophies, painful multi-minute load screens and the core gameplay loops are tedious as hell and make an already very flawed game, tough to play for very long without wishing you were playing something else.

The core concepts at the heart of the story are intriguing but the game never does anything with them and just buries everything under a mountain of bad ideas, gameplay filler and poorly implemented mechanics that just end up irritating you and slowing the pace to a crawl :(. I need to go back and finish this at some point but it gets so dull after a while, it's hard to convince myself to play it when I have so many other better games to fall back on.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, HuntingFever said:

There are numerous stability and performance issues, clunky controls and menus, several glitchy trophies, painful multi-minute load screens, the trophy list is a borefest and the core gameplay loops are tedious as hell and make an already very flawed game, tough to play for very long without wishing you were playing something else.

I didn't have any buggy trophies, they all pop when they were supposed to.

On 23/12/2021 at 3:22 PM, HuntingFever said:

The core concepts at the heart of the story are intriguing but the game never does anything with them and just buries everything under a mountain of bad ideas, gameplay filler and poorly implemented mechanics that just end up irritating you and slowing the pace to a crawl :(.

100% agree.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 12/23/2021 at 10:10 AM, ChanelOberlin494 said:

It has some of the most atrocious collectible based trophies I’ve ever seen in w game. They’re totally random. And there’s 45 of them in regards to television shows. I’m needing two to get the trophy and they won’t ever come On. It’s honestly ridiculous that they’re random; they should’ve just played in a set loop. The game is a lot of fun, but it’s far too long, far too many campaigns l

The two you are missing I believe you can get in the chapter after the first dude you play.

• 1 month later...

Not many people like this game i mean you can see that by the big difference between the first trophy "Downer" and the second trophy "Mother of All Victories" that there is a gap of 43.8% which basically means most people dropped this game after the intro. And to be fair i can see totally why even if i'd consider We Happy Few as one of my favourite games of all time it has some problems in it's structure and how the game handles.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

As others have said, it was pretty rough when it was released. I got the platinum but I had to deal with numerous crashes, glitches, and performance issues. I think the game suffered from an identity crisis. I'm pretty sure it started out as a survival game but somewhere along the road they watered that down and decided to make it more narrative driven yet they inexplicably kept the framework for the survival-style game. It has survival elements but they are not very deep or well thought out. It has procedurally generated maps and status effects yet it seemed to want to go down the narrative route as well as putting action and platforming in the mix too. It really was a bad combination and I wish they had just picked something and stuck with it. The trophies were a mixed bag, not crazily hard just missable, glitchy, and in the case of the TV show one, outright obnoxious. I had to camp out in a spot with a bed and a tv and keep sleeping for 24 hours, I think I was up to 300 in-game days or something crazy like that before I got it.

Weirdly, despite all its issues I actually did enjoy it but it should and could have been so much better. This weekend I finally decided to give the DLC a go and I have really enjoyed them so far (only played 2 out of 3) They are so much more focused and better designed, it's a shame they couldn't have made the main came in a similar style.

I'm currently playing through this and my god, it's a slog to get through. It's probably 40 hours rather than 30 hours. I've had no glitches or bugs yet, but as people have mentioned, there are so many different mechanics but all of them are poorly implemented. It's also insane to me that none of your items or stats carry over to the next character. Having to unlock the ability to run and go out at night in the main cities more than once over one playthrough is so poorly designed, and having to reloot everything. I can see why most people dropped it.

Edit: Managed to 100% this, all 3 DLCs are more fun than the main game.  

Edited by Kamurotetsu
  • Like 2

• 6 months later...

Sorry for the pop on a fairly old post but as I'm going through my remaining trophies right now I thought I'd give my thoughts on why the percentage is so low. The collectibles are super random and you spend a lot of in game time just sitting there sleeping in a shelter and hoping an uncle Jack show you needs comes on, or the phone call is the one you need. The game is also extremely buggy at times and van be very annoying to have to deal with it not working properly. And at least for me this game crashes all the time. I don't know if it's because they have 7 thousand loading screens or what but this game has crashed more than any game I've played on ps4 ever. 

Edit: The worst glitch is the shows not counting, I've literally gotten 4 of the shows just for them to not count. I've only managed to get 1 of them a second time so far to where it counted.

Edited by vonheindrich
  • Like 1