Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ProGamerX56

Fallout 3 or New Vegas

49 posts in this topic

What do you recommend, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Tempted to go for 3 as it has better reviews but what do you guys recommend.

What do you recommend, Fallout 3 or New Vegas. Tempted to go for 3 as it has better reviews but what do you guys recommend.

I thought Fallout 3 was the better game. New Vegas is good but 3 is a lot better. I'm sure you can pick up GOTY version for pretty cheap now.

I'm sure both GOTY versions will be pretty cheap, if you're only after 1 then get 3 but if you have enough for both then get both.

Fallout 3 is better,but like Meacham93 says,

Theyre both so cheap now you could get both

Was thinking about that as it has ~60 easy trophies related to quests and ~10 related to levelling up.

I've heard the GOTY edition has lag, is that still prominent.

Edited by ProGamerX56

I didn't have too many issues with lag in my copy of the GOTY edition.  I had to restart occasionally, but it wasn't anything that hindered the experience.

Another vote for Fallout 3, but both are good games.

Fallout 3 is my favourite of the two games, but not by much as they are both excellent. I would definitely recommend you play both games.

Edited by Stevieboy

I literally just got finished playing Fallout 3 GOTY edition and I can assure you that it is the better one to get. I had only a few freeze-ups and bugs in my 70+ hours of gameplay. It was well worth the $20 or so that I paid for it. New  Vegas on the other hand....I got it for my Xbox and while I liked the RPG upgrade options better, the dialogue and overall experience felt lazy and quite a bit worse than Fallout 3's.

Everyone else is choosing Fallout 3?

58b60830d26ef5b1f63fd4edb732fe5c220cba41

Personally, I preferred New Vegas. Everything just felt better to me and I had much more fun during my time with it than Fallout 3. 

Parker

I prefer New Vegas since I felt like I had more fun with it. But Fallout 3 is really good as well. If you can get them both then they are both worth it.

Fallout 3 was a better game with glitches and all... New Vegas had less freezing issue...

save often...

I'll also have to say Fallout 3, but as said by many others New Vegas is definitely worth it as well.

Fall out 3 obviously .

Fallout 3 is my favorite between the two... but get both. 

well fallout new vegas has alot of lag but you can do a little  more like make your ammo and stuff but 3 has a better story line but i suggest to buy the game of the year of the edition so you wont have to buy the content

Fallout 3 first, easily my favourite game of all time so far. (nothing has matched it yet for me) :) New Vegas is also awesome so i second what everyone else says about getting both. Comparably though Fallout 3 is a much much easier platinum.

As far as Fallout 3 freezes go, it can happen - usually when a save file gets to a certain size. i recommend disabling auto saves and set a regime of saving every 15 mins

Good luck andi hopeyou enjoy whichever title you go with :) 

For a better story and, let's be honest here: Liam Neeson, I'd go with Fallout 3. It's also key to just getting into it all.

Fallout: New Vegas does a good job on enhancing the Fallout 3 experience. Adding new abilities, and adjusting a few issues you may have had with Fallout 3.

Now if it's a matter of the Fallout 3 DLC versus the New Vegas DLC, I'd go Fallout 3 DLC all the way.

Have just plat Fallout 3 and about to finish the last DLC.  I also have NV and will be completing that soon.  I would get both and start with 3.  Gets you into the whole experience ready for NV.  Both can freeze but as most people have said, save often.

New Vegas is better imo.

Edited by Amonares

I thought Fallout 3 was better but be warned that it will freeze a lot. I mean A LOT. It must have froze 10 times just doing the last mission of Broken Steel. Then of course there's all the other freezes that occurred during the base game.

Edited by BhekifaZ