Attack on Completion 2022 ( And so It Begins)

So an uneventful week, I’m enjoying flipping between Elden Ring and GT7 only managing to bag a couple more ? in GT7. Elden Ring is massive and I’m still in the first area map… think I will be seeing this one on here for quite some weeks. GT7 all I have left are 3 trophy, 1 for completing gold license (on final license for these), 1 for 15 circuit experiences (using these to help with those final license tests and earn some good cash in game) and finally the trophy no one has yet for 3 legendary Le Mans cars. Expecting to try for 2/3 this week.

In other news I got Corona of my wife who returned from work trip abroad with it, luckily it’s more like a cold for us but saps my desire to play as much in evenings so will see how I get on this week.

Have a good one!

Started: 75.09%

Last week: 75.6%

Current: 75.64% +0.04%

New games started: none

Milestone: none 

• Like 3

Update #14:

Won't be a big update (again)...

Trillion: God of Destruction (11% -> 53%):

Finished the first play through. Doing the true ending now. Trying to get the hot springs events to pop, so would be moving through this faster. I don't have to do it now, but would like to do it so I don't have to do it later lol. But since the current one isn't popping, may just have to come back, annoying. Hopefully once I do that I can start knocking out playthroughs though and finish this up soon. Unlikely though. xD

Final Fantasy XIV (46% -> 46%):

Triple Triad Cards 197 -> 206

Rep grinding continues. Finish Ixal, I think I am pretty close to finishing Moogles too. Need to figure out the next ones and unlock them and start grinding it out. Realized I can get MGP from the wondrous tails book (I think that is what it is called), so I am going to start grinding those out now. Hopefully I can pair it with dungeons that I need the cards from and maybe get two birds lol.

• Like 4

Update 13. 4/11/2022
Starting PCG    50.02%
Previous Week 51.86%
Current PCG    51.98%
Goal = 60%

Games -
Katamari Forever 13% 32%
Necromunda Hired Gun 18% 20%
Othercide 50% :platinum: 4/8/2022

Small update this week. Just progress in Spring Challenge games. Othercide was plat #206. My % will go down next update since I'll be starting the Chrono Cross remaster, but I've got a couple easy games I can use to offset that a little. I'm also hoping to get the Katamari Forever plat, too.

Take care!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, gladiatorrrrrrr said:

Did you alreday bought the DLC because I thought it was discontinued in the store?

Yea, I had purchased it back when I originally started it in ~2013 I think. I played through a little bit of it back then but never finished it for whatever reason.

Edited by Llobster12
  • Like 2

On 4/6/2022 at 0:40 AM, damage_6-9 said:

And I'm done.

10 Platinum

155 Gold

197 Silver

638 Bronze

Trophy # 34,001 @ 02:31am

Trophy # 35,000 @  1:43 pm

**Went back a few hrs after reaching 1,000 and did a bit of a cleanup, adding another 82 trophies to the count for the day.

19 Platinum 

18 Gold

5 Silver

40 Bronze

All up took me from 72.81% to 73.19%

What you did in a day takes me a year on average.  Nice work ? 

As for my weekly update. This is my first week with a percent decrease. Didn't get much time to play but made some incremental progress in Necromunda Hired Gun. Currently trying to level all my augmentations to level 3 before continuing the story so I am just working the side quests at the moment. 

• Like 1

Starting 65.64

Last Update 65.40

Current: 65.35

Platinum #99: RIchy's Nightmares. This game is hot garbage, so not do it to yourself. But it was the padding to get me ready for #100. 

Fall Guys: I snagged both 500 round completions and for using and Big Tease. One more win for my 5 wins and I hope for a good event to help but I just keep playing. Please RNG gods, have pity and put me in the front row. 

Fernz Gate: Still slowly making progress

Lego Star Wars: I restarted this to play with the wife. We went into Episode 1 and after a few hours, made it past the pod race. There is so much side content and places to explore it is ridiculous. It is a week after launch and the game still only has a 0.15 plat completion percentage. That is low for a Lego Game. Most average between 40%-25%. It is alot of fun though. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, insainraven said:

Legitimate question: is it better to play an older game from your profile or pick up new games and then go through those games like a vengence? to raise your overall percentage?

Complete older games generally raises it more, since you don't take an initial hit to completion, unless you are just doing rata games that you can knock out a *ton*

49 minutes ago, insainraven said:

Legitimate question: is it better to play an older game from your profile or pick up new games and then go through those games like a vengence? to raise your overall percentage?

Completing older games is the only real way to increase your percentage. Say you are at 89% and you start a new game, it drops you down to 88.3%. Completing that new game to 100% will just raise your completion back to 89%. Now if you complete that new game AND make progress on an older one you'll go above 89%. You could also start a new game and only partially complete it but finish a few in the backlog, etc. etc.

There's multiple ways to do the math but it all boils down to needing to decrease your current overall unearned trophies to below what it is right now which will increase your overall percentage. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, insainraven said:

Games already going against your completion. You will still come out with a positive even if you start a new game but if you want to do some real damage, your best bet is older games.

Hope it’s still possible to join this. I’m a bit late on it and kinda new to these community events. But I always like something that looks back on the games you never got around to. 
I haven’t had much time lately to play but that will hopefully change. I’ve also been a bit discouraged on completing my backlog, beceause i had a bad habit of opening up games just to see the trophy list. But since I learnes (today lol) that you can delete 0% trophy lists I got excited and saw this so it must be destiny. Also love the monthly challenges it invites to much completion. 

Tldr; I’d like to join. Is there anything other than state the completion pcg and some goals? Because I will do this as soon as I get home and have those 0% lists deleted. Also hello everyone

• Like 2

Enjoying the progress so far. Keep it up guys! Enjoying the discussion around percentage completion too. With over 650 games I feel I have to fight for every scrap of progress and it's good to get your takes on it.

This week has been quite good trophy wise. I've passed the half-way mark in Deep Rock Galatic and Before We Leave and then spent some time with LOH: Trails of Cold Steel 2Nier Replicant and (by fluke) Strider. This week I'd like to platinum Strider and play some Forbidden West (taking up 100+ gigs on my HDD) though I may jump into XCOM 2: War of the Chosen as I've been watching a lets play and been eager to play the game again.

Have a good week :)

Spoiler

Start 51.98% > W1 52.10% > W2 52.18% > W3 52.23% > W4 52.26% > W5 52.29% > W6 52.32% > W7 52.31% > W8 52.25% > W9 52.25% > W10 52.26% > W11 52.32% > W12 52.37% > W13 52.54% > W14 52.54% > W15 52.61%

• Like 4

Mid April update:

Kena: Bridge of Spirits -> Platinum

12 Minutes -> Platinum

Riders Republic -> Platinum

Vegas Tales -> Platinum

Total Started Games: 50

Total Completed Games: 33

Total Platinums: 34

Current PCG: 68.97%

I cannot decide what to play next; my time with Tiny Tina is limited though as my bf is going to make his friend's console his primary instead of mine soon, so that he can also try the game. I should probably go on with that one, but I'm not looking forward to the chaos level thing. 

• Like 3

Week 15 STARTING PERCENTAGE  70.04%

Ratchet & Clank 15% -> 34%

Week 15 ENDING PERCENTAGE 70.29% (+0.25%)

Another one of those weeks that while the raw numbers themselves are far from massive, plenty of underlying progress made. Still on my first playthrough, although I think I'm about halfway through the final level, so it shouldn't take too much longer to finish that and start working on the collectibles and missables I missed when I get into New Game+ territory. A rare relatively free Sunday evening should help with that, shout out to Judas for the assist in that.

• Like 3

Finished Horizon Forbidden West today.

Would give this game a 5/10. I liked Zero Dawn more, had a better playability and was more polished.

Spoiler

What I liked

• Graphics are nice, even in Performance mode.
    • My guess is, that the graphics got the most focus from Guerrilla games.. Since the game had to look nice on two platforms.
  • There are also some music pieces I like. Background music in the base as an example.
  • Had the most fun while I played the Las Vegas chapter.
  • Also I like the story and how the story was connected with Zero Dawn. When the Zenith threat was uncovered, I was really amazed. 

What I did not like:

• Platforming is not 100% functional in this game.
    • For example, when there was a rope between 2 platforms that you could balance on, it was a 50-50 chance that Aloy would fall through the rope instead of stepping on it.
  • When you run away from a machine that wants to jump towards you, it was always funny to see Aloy clinging to the next best stone instead to jump onto it.
  • I'll also never understand why they added an upgrade function to the different tiers of weapons and armor that you already know from Zero Dawn.
    • Either introduce upgrades, or a variety of equipment. Not both.
  • Even on Normal, battles were much more hectic than on Zero Dawn's Normal difficulty.
    • That they tried to promote melee combat more is also something I can not understand. 
  • Using Ropecaster made no sense at all. In Zero Dawn, I had some fun with the Ropecasters in Thunderjaws and Stormbirds.
    • In Forbidden West they never helped in any way. Even attaching the ropes to party where armor was already stripped.
  • In the rebel camps, I noticed that they probably scrapped a useful feature from Zero Dawn: In Zero Dawn, when I aimed at an enemy's head with a bow, for example, it showed how much life energy they lost with the shot.
    • But now that the life energy is displayed either dynamically or not at all, this feature is probably omitted. 
  • The mount control is also far from good.
    • When you call the Sunwing standing at ground level it usually gets stuck in the ground.
    • Bristleback (sticks to almost every bush) and Clawstrider (much too slow) were useless as mounts

I could go on like this. In conclusion, I can only say that in Zero Dawn I was still chasing every note postgame because I wanted to know everything about the world of the game. With Forbidden West, I don't even have the drive to uncover the entire map.

Will see what I play next. Still have many unfinished games on my profile.

Edited by Geridian
Spoilers
  • Like 4

On 16/4/2022 at 10:09 PM, Shadowlord87 said:

Update 15: April 17th

Starting Completion percentage: 93.46%

Week 1 Completion (93.56 (+0.10% From Start)

Week 2 Completion (93.62 (+0.16% From Start) (+0.06 From previous week)

Week 3 Completion (93.62 (+0.16 From Start) (No Change From previous week)

Week 4 Completion (92.96 (-0.50% From Start) (-0.66% From previous week)

Week 5 Completion (93.70 (+0.44% From Start) (+0.74 From previous week)

Week 6 Completion (93.02 (+0.56% From Start) (+0.32 From previous week)

Week 7 Completion (94.06 (+0.60% From Start) (+0.04 From previous week)

Week 8 Completion (93.75 (+0.29% From Start) (-0.31 From previous week)

Week 9 Completion (93.86 (+0.40% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 10 Completion (94.07 (+0.61% From Start) (+0.21 From previous week)

Week 11 Completion (94.18 (+0.72% From Start) (+0.11 From previous week)

Week 12 Completion (94.59 (+1.13% From Start) (+0.41 From previous week)

Week 13 Completion (94.76 (+1.30% From Start) (+0.17 From previous week)

Week 13 Completion (94.73 (+1.27% From Start) (-0.03 From previous week)

Current Completion: (94.82 (1.36% Total Increase) (+0.09% from last week)

Outer Wilds 82% -> 100%
Lost Grimoires 3 0% -> 100%
Watch Dogs: Legion 83% -> 85% -> 97% -> 100%

A Plague Tale: Innocence 0%->100%

Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection 0%-> 4% -> 100%

Blood Bowl 2 4% -> 100%

Horizon Zero Dawn 98% -. 100%

Bridge Constructor Portal 0% -> 100%

Horizon Forbidden West 0% -> 30% -> 77% -> 100%

Final Fantasy XV 45% -> 60% ->66% ->100%

Glass Masquerade 0% -> 100%

Glass Masquerade 2 0% -> 100%

Bridge Constructor 0% -> 100%

Elventide: Slavic Fable 0% -> 100%

Elventide 2: Sorcerer's Mirror 0% -> 100%

Elventide 3: Legacy of Legends 0% -> 100%

Clockwork Tales: Of Glass and Ink 0% -> 100%

Dark Arcana: The Carnival 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Chains of Satinav 0% -> 100%

The Dark Eye: Memoria 0% -> 100%

Nine Witches: Family Disruption 0% -> 100%

Guns, Gore & Cannoli 2 0% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor 72% -> 100%

Middle Earth: Shadow of War 0% -> 88% -> 100%

Team Sonic Racing 0% -> 100%

Spongebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom 0% -> 100%

Finished off the 2nd DLC for Shadow of War, which I thinki I enjoyed mroe than the first, and the one trophy I thought might be a struggle turned out to be fairly straight forward.

Also added Team Sonic Racing to the profile (which while not as hard as I initial.ly thought, was still incredibly frustrating at times) and Sponebob Squarepants: Battle for Bikini Bottom (which in all seriousness is quite a good game).

Grabbed Tales from the Borderlands during the current sale, so thats next on my list :) 

I will use your format, if you don’t mind. ?

Current completion: 79,79%

Starting completion Week 1: 79,79%

Star Wars J:FO -> 49%
Chivalry 2 -> 48%
Horizon Zero Down -> 0%
Ghost of Tsushima -> 92%
DA: Inquisition -> 0%

Games started: 8

Games completed 100%: 2

Playing now:

Star Wars J:FO and Chivalry 2

Next to be played:

Spongebob Square pants and HZD

• Like 3

Happy Eastern Monday everybody!

A week with some nice progress although my ambition was (as always) higher in terms of completion.

Far Cry 5 + DLC (2/4) - PS4

Working on the Zombie DLC. getting Gold medals is in certain stages is pretty painful. In fact they are only doable in coop. Good news is that I have some help with the oldest of mine. Pretty joyful doing this together....

Strider - PS4

Right, this is an oldskool game; check points are no save points (learnt that the hard way when I lost my progression), it doesn't keep track on your collectibles on the map and at times it can be a challenge (good thing btw!). So some collectibles magically re-appear when collected which makes it confusing. I am now towards the end, my last boss fight against a guy named Solo (2nd time you come across him) has been pretty tough. No room to maneuver and he does a ton of damage in hard mode. After what seemed to be the whole morning I finally got him...kind of Dark Souls satisfaction feeling when you finally beat such a boss.  I hope that I collected all green canisters as I just passed the point of no return.

Current Status

Screenshot-2022-04-18-111702.jpg

Plans for next weeks

- finish Far Cry 5 DLC 'Dead Living Zombies' - PS4

- finish Strider on hard - PS4

- start Elden Ring?!

Happy trophy hunting everybody!

Edited by gladiatorrrrrrr
  • Like 4

Count me in for the challenge then. I hope I can achieve the 5% increase in completion:

My current PCG is 56.90%

I have a short term goal of 60% (other than the 5% increase) and a longer term goal of 75% which is very unlikely I'll reach. So I'll also set a more realistic goal on 65%

I will be using the following update format:

Update 0 - April, 18th:

Starting PCG: 56.90%

Previous Update: N/A

Current PCG: 56.90%

Short-Term Goal: 60.00%

Goal: 65.00%

Long-Term Goal: 75.00%

Games:

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga: 12%

Elden Ring: 10%

Final Fantasy X-2 HD: 81%

The format is inspired by @Static_Rook - I hope that's okay ^^

I know I will not be making progress or updates each week because I will definitely lose motivation then - That's why I'm using update instead of weeks

In the moment I'm playing LEGO Star Wars, just begun almost - so hopefully it'll go well, I'm playing Elden Ring mostly when my friend is here but also playing it on my own - haven't found the time to fully immerse myself in that game, but I love it. And Final Fantasy X-2 I have been working on for so long on-off, I finally did 100% the main story but now I need to do the "Last Mission" part which is kind of a separate game which is why I haven't begun yet. 

I haven't seen many talk about the monthly challenges. I am assuming that these are things you track yourself, and then tell if you've completed one of the monthly challenges? If anyone can help me understand the monthly challenges I would appreciate it very much ^^

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, MikkelEhlers said:

I haven't seen many talk about the monthly challenges. I am assuming that these are things you track yourself, and then tell if you've completed one of the monthly challenges? If anyone can help me understand the monthly challenges I would appreciate it very much ^^

Correct, it's purely optional and tracked by you. If you'd like an example of how to do it, see my March update, it should be on the previous page near the top. 

• Like 1