Shadowman Remastered trophy discussion

MidnightDragon

6 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

I wasn't expecting this. Guess I hadn't heard it was coming.

It was announced almost two years ago that it will be released in 2nd Q of 2021. And here we are in 2022...

Anyway... It looks a pretty poor "remaster" :/

2 minutes ago, Stan Lee said:

Interested to see how this turns out. Borrowed a friend's copy on PS1 many moons ago and I thought it was absolutely dreadful, though I've heard the other versions were much better.

Yeah, the PS1 version was horrendous. The developers even said they regret releasing the PS1 port. Still, that's what I played that made me a super fan. 

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Out of all the games that deserves a remaster, this gets one? 1f602.png

am glad the game is remastered as this was one of the best platform/ horror/ action game you could get from that time remastered for newer people to see how cool it is

2 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Yes, because is a WONDERFUL game. Play it, instead of throwing already some shit at it.

I agree, don't throw hate at a game like this if you never played it. like myself I never played it and always wanted to but never could due to price of the old hardware and so on

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Lonemankane said:

I agree, don't throw hate at a game like this if you never played it. like myself I never played it and always wanted to but never could due to price of the old hardware and so on

I've played it on PSX, thanks to a my friend who talked me about it. Gosh, i LOVED every part of it. The weapons, the lore, the locations, the story... everything. And i can't wait to play it again and plat it!!!!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, APCGrayLocked said:

Yes, because is a WONDERFUL game. Play it, instead of throwing already some shit at it.

8 minutes ago, Lonemankane said:

am glad the game is remastered as this was one of the best platform/ horror/ action game you could get from that time remastered for newer people to see how cool it is

Well seeing I've played the ps1 version, it was shocking how that version ended up being and if this is a remastered version of the PS1 version I really don't have any high hopes for it at all tbh, so no, I'm not throwing hate at the game for the sake of it just because you don't agree with what I said, I was stating out of all the games that deserves a remaster, this gets one?

56 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Well seeing I've played the ps1 version, it was shocking how that version ended up being and if this is a remastered version of the PS1 version I really don't have any high hopes for it at all tbh,

It isn't, thankfully! With the PS1 version being your only experience of the game, I don't blame you in the slightest for being skeptical—it was a horrific mess compared to the others. You actually might be pleasantly surprised if you give this remaster a shot. ?

Personally, I quite adored the N64 version when I was a youngin', but as a certified Cheap Ass Gamer™, I'll be waiting for it to drop under $10 before purchasing.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

Well seeing I've played the ps1 version, it was shocking how that version ended up being and if this is a remastered version of the PS1 version I really don't have any high hopes for it at all tbh, so no, I'm not throwing hate at the game for the sake of it just because you don't agree with what I said, I was stating out of all the games that deserves a remaster, this gets one?

Well because the ps1 was the one you played it is like playing the ps1 rayman 2 it was cut to bits and has half the stuff the other ones had. this remaster is ether a remaster of the n64 one or the pc one as they were both the best ones and my bet would be pc due to it being easier to mess with the code of and so on plus there is meant to be cut content in this one too.

I loved the second game even though it was kind of meh in some parts but 1 I heard a lot of good things and it looks good and fun just like 2 but yeah. I feel it is good to have this remastered along with a lot of other forgotten games like sphinx and the cursed mummy was like. I mean if I had it my way I would have headhunter 1 and 2 remastered and even second sight thrown in with the suffering games and psi ops but yeah.

• Like 2

Oh finally this game is up. Been waiting for this for a loooong time. Bless you Night Dive Studios, doing magic lately. 

Thus being said, even if its a proper remaster... I doubt it will appeal to newcomers ? cause this game is ROUGH!! I played the PC version which was arguably the best version out there and it still was a rough game xD 100% in the atmosphere department though. 

48 minutes ago, bethharmon said:

Can immortal voodoo warrior be done on any difficulty?

I honestly do not remember if this game had a difficulty setting to begin with, but if it does, yeah any difficulty should count. 

I also have to mention that for the helicopters trophy, you have helicopters to shoot both in livingside and deadside. Not sure if you have to kill in both worlds for the trophy to pop. 

21 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

Can you all download and buy the game? I still can't. It's so weird. It's officially out, and others in my region play it. 

Try buying of a web browser, My PS5 still says "Just announced" But I bought it through the online store on pc.

Shadowman is one of my favorite Dreamcast games of all time and also one of my favorite 3rd person action/adventure games of all time.  It's even better than Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver imo (mostly due to that game's overuse of boring block-pushing puzzles).

Tim Haywood's synth score in Deadside is just amazing.