Shadowman Remastered trophy discussion

MidnightDragon

13 minutes ago, Z1MZUM said:

Bloody hell, IDK then. I tried all last night and it was the same thing. But managed to get it at 3PM today from work PC, Talk about a stealth release.

Oh, wow... I may just have to be patient then. Hopefully it will suddenly be there, and not be a delay in my country/region.

I've just purchased the game through the PS App no problem. Can't wait to get home and play it!

I think it says a lot about the game that I've only played the horrible PS1 version but still found myself wanting to go back.

Trophy list doesn't look too tough but I really don't like no death runs.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Funny, still can not be bought in Polish PSS...

Yeah, seems like this is an issue in Netherlands, Belgium, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Poland and Finland. I have no idea if Sony is aware, it's not exactly easy to get in contact with them. 

I'm so excited it's out now for consoles! Been waiting so long for this, especially since the PC version came out in April last year. Today the game just dropped without a big announcement or anything, was really surprised when I saw it in the store. This game is very special to me. Never got the chance to finish it, now is the time!

Hopefully it'll sell well.

• Like 2

That's too bad about the no death trophy, so you'll have to be doing a lot of quick saving as you move forward and reload after each death. This is more than a Remaster of the existing game as they went back and restored cut content as well, the store description mentions some of it. Digital Foundry did a great documentary on it when the PC version came out.

Edited by Guardian_owl
  • Like 2

On 1/12/2022 at 8:27 PM, Smashero said:

It was announced almost two years ago that it will be released in 2nd Q of 2021. And here we are in 2022...

Anyway... It looks a pretty poor "remaster" :/

What about it looks poor? You must not be familiar with Nightdive Studios portfolio.

1 hour ago, triplejmzu8 said:

Can anybody confirm if - except for the No Death trophy - there is any missable trophy?

Actually, there is one other trophy that is missable:

3Sb3800b.pngFor We are Many - you have to lose against the final boss in order to trigger this one.

Also not sure, i know there was an issue on Steam, but also 30Sfe82f0.pngNo Fly-Zone might be missable. You were supposed to beat the helicopters in both Daylight and Night in order for this trophy to pop(and due to various events, there will be only night after the second half of the game, making this one missable). Maybe they patched it however.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Copanele said:

Actually, there is one other trophy that is missable:

3Sb3800b.pngFor We are Many - you have to lose against the final boss in order to trigger this one.

Also not sure, i know there was an issue on Steam, but also 30Sfe82f0.pngNo Fly-Zone might be missable. You were supposed to beat the helicopters in both Daylight and Night in order for this trophy to pop(and due to various events, there will be only night after the second half of the game, making this one missable). Maybe they patched it however.

I can confirm No Fly-Zone works fine on PS4 and unlocks if you defeat both helicopters at night time. 

2 hours ago, tranquility101 said:

Didn't realize there was a trophy for No Deaths 1f615.png Brutal. Will have to start a new game sometime then, will save my first play through for no walkthrough / mystery play.

You can easily cheese Immortal Voodoo Warrior trophy by save scumming. I died multiple times but I saved often to not lose a lot of progress and still unlocked it just fine. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, FreshFromThaDeli said:

I can confirm No Fly-Zone works fine on PS4 and unlocks if you defeat both helicopters at night time.

Oh really? So you don't actually need to visit Gardelle County Jail during daytime? The PC achievement guide notes that you need to destroy 4 in total, but only 2 is needed?

• Like 1

PlayStation Support is the best. I asked why this game is still unavailable in Poland and several other countries, I provided some proof that it's available in other countries. Today, after 3 days, they replied with:

We're sorry you're experiencing troubles. We'd wanted to inform you that this product is currently unavailable for purchase in polish region.

No shit, Sherlock...

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, ghost_spike said:

PlayStation Support is the best. I asked why this game is still unavailable in Poland and several other countries, I provided some proof that it's available in other countries. Today, after 3 days, they replied with:

No shit, Sherlock...

I literally boil over with anger when I get this type of customer support answer...

Apparently the reason why the game still isn't available in 7 countries is because Sony requires the publisher to submit a description of the game for each country's PSN storefront in their local language, and Nightdive Studios - for whatever reason - hasn't submitted one for Denmark, Norway, Sweden, Finland, Poland, Netherlands and Belgium.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, Maahniac said:

I literally boil over with anger when I get this type of customer support answer...

Me too. Their response should be: “Dude, I just work as one of hundreds of entry level customer service reps for resetting passwords or walking people through buying a game. I don’t talk to developers about what their doing with their games around the world. Go ask them.”

9 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Me too. Their response should be: “Dude, I just work as one of hundreds of entry level customer service reps for resetting passwords or walking people through buying a game. I don’t talk to developers about what their doing with their games around the world. Go ask them.”

Yeah but is it so hard to write "we don't have any information on the availability of this game" instead of this copypasta? I've put some time in gathering and clearly presenting proof that the game is unavailable only in few countries, and after 3 days, they basically reply with "yep". The only thing this message does is just make people facepalm and feel ignored. And BTW, of course I asked the developer, and the publisher mfirst, and no one's answering. Just covering all bases.

• 2 weeks later...