Higher LVL or % completion ?

DamianShock

Has to be a combination, a high level is less impressive with a low completion percentage, but, conversely, a high completion percentage means nothing if its based on a short list of games.

My goals at the moment are to keep raising my level steadily, but to reduce my 'unachieved' trophy list to under 1000 (currently about 1190)

Edited by DrBloodmoney

I prefer higher completion but sometimes the cost of certain DLC turns me away from it, like COD games, for example, at $15 each. I've seen ppl with 80 games and 98% completion, and others with 400+ games and maybe 20% completion and barely any platinum trophies. I tend to be more impressed with higher completion, but that's just me.

Higher Completion %, anyone with enough can buy more games to earn the easiest trophies in it and then move on.  Higher completion % tends to take more dedication to complete the game (especially in regards to platinum/100%).  Obviously the higher the level with the higher the completion % the better.  

I prefer a higher completion rate, this is why I tried to keep my unearned trophies under 400 and my completion rate over 85% (or as close as 90% as possible), but since I got a Vita my unearned trophies kept increasing, and my completion % is going down...

This is why I keep trying to not add more games to my collection, even though I have a lot games I really want to play, but don't want to add them before finishing others...

Still going for GT6 or P4G for my 5000th trophy, so I need to manage that for a little (probably MK9 for 70th platinum... but the trophy icon is ugly and I still have a huge grind to go... so much for getting this plat last year...)

Completion for me. It might be slower but at some point going for higher percetanges is going to increase your leve. On the other hand, if you keep adding games for easy trophies and never finish them, your rate is going to suffer. That is why I stopped adding games to my list even though I already bought them. I don't want that trophy list until I'm ready to complete it.

I think this is an interesting topic. I'd say neither as I always go for the platinum; generally that means a high completion rate but not if a game has a huge amount of DLC. My number one aim is the number of platinums. If it's a game without a platinum then I worry about 100%, which is annoying as I'm finding Call of Juarez Gunslinger difficult. 

Although a high level is somewhat impressive, a high completion is sort of what makes that high level impressive. To me anyway. It really depends on how serious you are about trophy's. If you are trying to get every trophy possible but don't necessarily have the dedication to go for the plat or 100% you could have a relatively high level without the completion because 1 playthough of a game may net you around 50% of the trophy's BUT the plat may be another 1 or 2 playthoughs of the same game. So how I see it in the grand scheme of things is a high completion sorta translates to how many plats you want over the grand total of trophy's you want. 

Sorry for rambling xD