What is your most doable PS4 platinum trophy that you will never get?

EnaTenkiyoGaming

Can I throw a wrench in here and probably annoy everyone who doesn't know me from back in the day?

Mine would be The Last of Us...but the ps3 version. I will never start the ps4 or 5 version. 

"Why?", you may be asking. "Phil, you've done way harder games. TLOU should be a breeze."

Aye, it is. Nothing difficult about it other than the sheer boredom of it all. For me, and I'm obviously a minority in my view, TLOU is the epitome of mid. The only thing I found interesting about any of it was the gay guy who set tons of traps. Man, if they would have centered around him for the story, that would have been way more interesting. I was even hopeful to the very end. If the ending could have taken just the tiniest of risk, it would have made me happy, but nope. Cop out, milquetoast, mid ass ,mediocre game from start to finish. Also, plant zombies are still zombies, and zombies were played out by the beginning of the 90s.

Just my dumb opinion. Can't help how I genuinely felt.

Barring games that have doable trophies on paper but are impossible due to online features being discontinued, probably Brawlhalla. I tried it for a little while, but it just didn't click with me. The combat felt hollow, with hits lacking impact and the game overall just feeling really empty. I wouldn't really want to invest a lot of time into it just to earn trophies when I know for a fact that I wouldn't enjoy it at all.

• 2 weeks later...

Currently playing Outriders again because one of my friends has got it through Plus, but I still can't be bothered to get the accolade trophies.

It looks like it's fairly easy, it's just boring because I would have to farm some of it. I've got better things to be playing instead of doing tedious rubbish like that.

Cloudpunk. There's something particularly off-putting about when you're just chilling, playing a video game and enjoying it nicely then outta nowhere the developers slap you with, "HEY PEOPLE OF COLOUR HAVE IT HARD, THEY ARE VICTIMS OKAY!" and the vibes are killed for me and my brown ass.

Edited by Eraezr

35 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Cloudpunk. There's something particularly off-putting about when you're just chilling, playing a video game and enjoying it nicely then outta nowhere the developers slap you with, "HEY PEOPLE OF COLOUR HAVE IT HARD, THEY ARE VICTIMS OKAY!" and the vibes are killed for me and my brown ass.

Wait, Cloudpunk does that? A game with character "models" that goofy attempting some sort of race-guilt thing, that's pretty silly.

My answer is Celeste. I will never plat that game. "Assist mode" killed my enjoyment of the hunt. I enjoy hunting for rare trophies, and Celeste had potential to be about as rare as Super Meat Boy, but nope, for some reason the dev who has been making brutally hard games with no "assist mode" for actual decades, decides to put one into a game which literally has a narrative about overcoming challenges. Wish I could delete it from my list entirely.

Final Fantasy VII Remake. While I'm saving the Bike trophy for last, I'm making an effort to complete the final VR mission first. However, for some reason, this ATB system is just not clicking with me. No matter how many attempts I make to emulate different approaches to the fights leading up to Bahamut (beefed tf up or underleveled because it's apparently not hard), I just CANNOT do it.

Oh, and the original Final Fantasy VII. Easy as hell game, but something in my brain just loses interest relatively quickly, and it doesn't help that I restart every time I return to continue the game in the vain effort for the trophies. I think I burned myself out playing it nonstop a decade ago on the PSP...

For platinums ill say probably (because i might get back to them one day)

Evolve - because i literally have to grind out every character to max and that shit is brutally slow and the game is shit

The Treasures of Montezuma 4 - it was much easier on the ps vita version with touchscreen controls as the two versions were cross buy with each other

Metrico+ - its a weird science / gemotric puzzle game with fucking speedrun trophies

i 100% the vita version when it was a ps+ giveaway and when the ps4 version came out it was like $1 for previous owners and this time around it had a platinum but its not the same version as the one i previously 100% and its a bit of a pain in the ass with no real guides available to successfully 100% the game

non - platinum 100% honorable mentions:

hohokum - ugh, another weird but this time around somewhat an artsy puzzle game with yet again, speedrun requirements in a game that has no real narrative or meaning, that i was triggered into buying because Sound Shapes had a DLC deal that if you purchased hohokum you got the related Sound Shapes dlc pack for free or it might have been the other way around, i cant remember exactly, it was ages ago, i think it since made its way to the PS+ instant game collection lineup one month of some year

Edited by Property_Damage

On 1/23/2022 at 11:59 AM, Majin-Pablito said:

the witness, my iq is too low :(

Even an idiot could get to the end of the game because they have guides for the puzzles... the only one you can't prep for is that damn Challenge, which gives you six minutes to do 20 puzzles and you have to have an awesome memory for one of them. Talk about sadistic. I tried so many times and failed at the last minute. ?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2023 at 7:30 AM, DanteIshimura said:

They sold the online game separately after a while. Shame they didn't keep the single and online totally separately from the start... especially for the trophies :P  

I still have a copy of Mad Max. Very good game but damn them for making a single player game 100% completion impossible due to a silly online requirement. 

Yep. I'm not close to the platinum in Mad Max, but no reason to go back and go for it because of an online requirement in a single player game. Makes no sense, especially when there are Call of Duty games that have zero online trophies, in a game that is online focused.

One that comes to mind for me is Geometry Wars 3. I played the hell out of this, still loving going back to it, but the remaining trophies I have are technically doable if I am willing to give it the time, but I don't see myself doing that.

• Like 1

Final Fantasy VII Remake for me. I beat it a few months after launch and have been meaning to go back to it before Rebirth comes out. One of the only things stopping me is getting all 9 bridal outfits. Since i played the game 3 years ago at this point, i forgot which ones i had already, which means i would have to play through chapters 3, 8 and 9 three times to make sure i got all the outfits. That does not sound fun at all...

On 05/03/2023 at 10:34 AM, Pots3k said:

Wait, Cloudpunk does that? A game with character "models" that goofy attempting some sort of race-guilt thing, that's pretty silly.

My answer is Celeste. I will never plat that game. "Assist mode" killed my enjoyment of the hunt. I enjoy hunting for rare trophies, and Celeste had potential to be about as rare as Super Meat Boy, but nope, for some reason the dev who has been making brutally hard games with no "assist mode" for actual decades, decides to put one into a game which literally has a narrative about overcoming challenges. Wish I could delete it from my list entirely.

I have the plat for Celeste and really enjoyed the game - also did it legit without assist mode... but thanks to that stupid decision, the platinum is no achievement at all!

Take away the assist mode and I'd probably have a really rare platinum in my collection ?

• Like 1

Telling Lies. I went through more than one walkthrough to try and find a missing keyword for a video and nothing. Not worth my time to platinum it even though it's a fairly easy and common plat. 

On 5.3.2023 at 11:39 AM, Vermilion_Joker said:

Final Fantasy VII Remake. While I'm saving the Bike trophy for last, I'm making an effort to complete the final VR mission first. However, for some reason, this ATB system is just not clicking with me. No matter how many attempts I make to emulate different approaches to the fights leading up to Bahamut (beefed tf up or underleveled because it's apparently not hard), I just CANNOT do it.

Oh, and the original Final Fantasy VII. Easy as hell game, but something in my brain just loses interest relatively quickly, and it doesn't help that I restart every time I return to continue the game in the vain effort for the trophies. I think I burned myself out playing it nonstop a decade ago on the PSP...

I feel you I tried the Simulation fight in the DLC with Yuffie where Bahamut is right in STAGE 1 of 3 and I tried it 13 hours in a row no joke. Then I realize it made no sence and gone to sleep. After some months I installed it again and tried it with some other guides and it worked. Sometimes you just need a break or its not your day or something.

Back to Topic: I dont say i will never get it but maybe Dark Souls Remastered. I think dark souls isnt just the game I like. Its not too hard but soooo slow gameplay. I love the more faster gameplay like Sekiro or now Wo Long.

Edited by Mr_Bandicoot93

Journey of the Broken Circle

I choose this because I only need 1 trophy  for platinum and quite frankly I just don’t think I’ll be going back, I just couldn’t be bothered after trying again and again without making any meaningful progress, I’m sure I could do it eventually but you know what allow it. 

I’ll get over it ?

Edited by blacklight-nero