Spring 2022 Backlog Challenge

27 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

You shouldn't wait. If you liked Tomb Raider, you're gonna love Rise of the Tomb Raider. By far, the best out of the trilogy. Doesn't have MP trophies either. Unless you wanna go for the 100% 1f602.png then, you'll need to do the Co-op for it. It's quite buggy as well so bit frustrating 1f62d.png

Mah boi!!! Cheers for my Operation: Tango homie 1f37b.png Not sure if you're aware but I have a trip coming up and I'll be gone for a couple of weeks. If you're down, maybe like mid-April? Let me know.

No rush on Operation Tango. Mid to late April should work, or early may. 

I am definitely going for the 100% on any game I play. So the co-op trophies will need to be completed for sure. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, damcrac5 said:

No rush on Operation Tango. Mid to late April should work, or early may. 

I am definitely going for the 100% on any game I play. So the co-op trophies will need to be completed for sure. 

Sounds good. I'll send you a request and we'll figure it out once I get back.

And 100% for every game you go for? We might become best friends ?

• Like 2

On 3/21/2022 at 6:44 AM, TalesofGaming said:

Elden Ring has been SLOOOOOWWWWWWWWWW because of flipping invaders that don't leave me and @KazaneHime alone for F I V E F U D G I N G M I N U T E S. Like please, Code Vein was superior when it came to co-op in that you couldn't invade. I already have a hard enough time anyway, I don't need more of a headache. I still think they should have an opt-in/opt-out option for invading.

They do leave us alone - for exactly 5 minutes ??

• Like 4

19 hours ago, neospoon said:

Update #4

swaps used 1/2

1. Celeste 100% (PS4) :platinum:
  2. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time 100% (PSVita) :platinum:
  3. Dirt 5 - 100% (PS5) :platinum:
  4. Plague Tale Innocence 28% (PS5)
  5. Homefront: The Revolution 13% > 27% (PS4)
  6. Rage 12% (PS3)

Dirt 5

After swapping Gran Turismo 7 for Dirt 5, I found out the DLC was on sale so I grabbed that immediately to be able to go for the 100%

When I started the game I was quite surprised that James and Nolan from Donut Media (a YouTube channel about cars I follow) were the hosts for this game in the shape of a Podcast following the Dirt series and it's drivers. They had some guests throughout the story like Jamie Chadwick (Formula W champion) and Slaptrain (Youtuber) which was pretty amusing. Then finally after the game was done I found out that the Protagonist was voiced by Troy Baker, and Bruno the Antagonist was voiced by Nolan North! The game itself was easy and straightforward. Pretty much it was just compete in all events get all the trophies except for the mileage and the 30K points in Gymkhana. I started the DLC before doing those last 2 trophies in the base game as it got really repetitive and I wanted to be done once the platinum popped. If you want a fun racing game that doesn't require too much skill and just want to have some fun racing in the dirt, this is the one you're looking for!

What else/What's next?

Besides playing Dirt 5 I managed to get the platinum and 100% on Outriders. It was not eligible for the challenge, but I worked on it for a decent amount of time during the weekend. Definitely a game to play when you like looter shooters! 

Looking at my list, I only have 3 games left. Two shooters and a 3rd person story driven game. I think I will finish of Plague Tale first as I'm almost done with the story and it will be chapter select after that to grab the remainder of the collectibles. Hopefully I can finish it somewhere before the end of week. So far in general with the challenge I'm happy with my progress. Usually I get sidetracked and stop playing the games that are on my list, but seeing my average completion go up this much gets me motivated to keep on going. I might end up adding another game after Plague Tale is done. 

I hope everyone is doing well and enjoying the challenge, keep the updates coming, I love them!!!

See you in the next update!!!

(p.s. @MidnightDragon I finished my one game up to 50% am I allowed to add another one that is higher than 33% or do they have to be below?)

Just one game on the list overall can be 50%. All others have to be 33% or lower. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Gonna be dropping Horizon Forbidden West.  I just can't get into it the way I did with Zero Dawn.  My swap is below.

That's a shame you didnt get to finish it. Although I understand your sentiment about it. I feel like they could had added a lot more plot twists throughout the story and not just the end of it. 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

That's a shame you didnt get to finish it. Although I understand your sentiment about it. I feel like they could had added a lot more plot twists throughout the story and not just the end of it. 

Yeah, I mean I'm gonna finish it.  It's just, more than likely, me being burnt out on open world stuff.  Where as way back when I wasn't really super burnt out on it.  I'm hoping to find more I like about if I give myself some distance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

Yeah, I mean I'm gonna finish it.  It's just, more than likely, me being burnt out on open world stuff.  Where as way back when I wasn't really super burnt out on it.  I'm hoping to find more I like about if I give myself some distance.

Personally, I’m one who thinks that there is such thing as too much content and I feel like they did just that with no added value to it. 

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, willythom88 said:

How do you feel about it compared to Zero Dawn? I'm thinking of renting it after I send Kena / Cyberpunk back in, although I'm waiting on them to fix the performance mode issues there apparently are.

Zero Dawn was one of my favorite PS exclusives by far (along with Days Gone), and one of the only games I've replayed (multiple times!) after platinuming. Gorgeous game.

4 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

How do you feel about it compared to Zero Dawn? I'm thinking of renting it after I send Kena / Cyberpunk back in, although I'm waiting on them to fix the performance mode issues there apparently are.

Zero Dawn was one of my favorite PS exclusives by far (along with Days Gone), and one of the only games I've replayed (multiple times!) after platinuming. Gorgeous game.

I’m gonna weigh in here even though you didn’t ask me ? but the story isn’t as strong as the first time. Zero Dawn was basically tying every main story mission to the actual story as it should. Forbidden West main story missions felt to me like they were just side missions. Not as engaging or enticing as Zero Dawn. Great game still. Looks gorgeous but I rather have plot twist after plot twist to the point I go like ????

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Darling Baphomet said:

55 minutes ago, xItsLesterx said:

I’m gonna weigh in here even though you didn’t ask me 1f602.png but the story isn’t as strong as the first time. Zero Dawn was basically tying every main story mission to the actual story as it should. Forbidden West main story missions felt to me like they were just side missions. Not as engaging or enticing as Zero Dawn. Great game still. Looks gorgeous but I rather have plot twist after plot twist to the point I go like 1f631.png1f631.png??

I think for me it's similar.  For me, the first game was a defining title for 2019 (when I played it) and the PS4 generation.  Easily my favorite title.  However, I think the issue is that the formula works, really well, but it didn't have that fresh feeling to it like Zero Dawn had.  It just kind of feels like another open world game that's a bit harder than your average one.  I enjoy it enough, but I can't marathon it, ya know?

• Like 1

7 hours ago, xItsLesterx said:

I’m gonna weigh in here even though you didn’t ask me 1f602.png but the story isn’t as strong as the first time. Zero Dawn was basically tying every main story mission to the actual story as it should. Forbidden West main story missions felt to me like they were just side missions. Not as engaging or enticing as Zero Dawn. Great game still. Looks gorgeous but I rather have plot twist after plot twist to the point I go like 1f631.png1f631.png??

I actually didn't find Zero Dawn's story as compelling as some did, despite loving the game. The setting was great, and the twists regarding that setting were pretty cool, but the narrative as a whole just felt... I dunno, kind of boring at times. Perhaps it's just because I've replayed it so often that the story doesn't have as much kick as it used to. Def more of a mystery on the first playthrough. I wouldn't mind a story that's more just like, free roaming and such - I quite liked that in Days Gone, how much of the main story felt like self-contained episodes in a 2000s TV show.

6 hours ago, willythom88 said:

I think for me it's similar.  For me, the first game was a defining title for 2019 (when I played it) and the PS4 generation.  Easily my favorite title.  However, I think the issue is that the formula works, really well, but it didn't have that fresh feeling to it like Zero Dawn had.  It just kind of feels like another open world game that's a bit harder than your average one.  I enjoy it enough, but I can't marathon it, ya know?

Yeah, makes sense. Even Zero dawn gets a bit stale after a while. Good to know they tweaked the difficulty though, because Zero Dawn was pretty easy once you learned the weaknesses of enemies and such, e.g. mass igniting an entire herd so they all take eachother out.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Darling Baphomet said:

I actually didn't find Zero Dawn's story as compelling as some did, despite loving the game. The setting was great, and the twists regarding that setting were pretty cool, but the narrative as a whole just felt... I dunno, kind of boring at times. Perhaps it's just because I've replayed it so often that the story doesn't have as much kick as it used to. Def more of a mystery on the first playthrough. I wouldn't mind a story that's more just like, free roaming and such - I quite liked that in Days Gone, how much of the main story felt like self-contained episodes in a 2000s TV show.

And that's fine bro. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which I always respect. However, comparing specifically Zero Dawn to Forbidden West, I feel like most people will agree that Zero Dawn's story was far better. 

Days Gone was amazing. Too bad the developers are salty so we won't get another sequel ???

• Like 1