Assassin’s Creed Mirage

7 minutes ago, soziaLSturmi said:

no glitches or bugs as of right now for me 🙏🏽 it really feels classic yes they mastered it imho, stealth feels rewarding cause fighting huge groups isn't the way to got in this one which is amazing. Exploring and finding stuff is fun, music is amazing and the prolog gives you some kind of AC II vibes, loved it. 

Cool. Do you know when reviews and stuff can go live?

16 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

got the game early, if u have any questions regarding it feel free to ask 

How are you feeling about the parkour?

1 hour ago, MidnightDragon said:

Cool. Do you know when reviews and stuff can go live?

Wednesday, October 4 at 11am UTC

Looks pretty good, glad it doesn't have a ridiculously massive map like Odyssey or Valhalla. You can still see some of the gameplay from those previous entries like the personal eagle and the level-up skills. Thankfully they focus back on the Assassins themselves, something that was missing in this franchise for a long time. I'm also quite surprised that there won't be a modern-day section, weird but also understandable now that Layla Hassan is "Out of the Picture".

Probably will get this game, especially with the easy platinum, but not until I've finished Valhalla, and it will be the last AC game I'll ever play.

21 hours ago, Mr_Bandicoot93 said:

Only 30gb good sign they have learned from AC Boringhalla. Hope it really feels like the good old days. I miss the fun in Assassins Creed since Black Flag

Yeah, all modern Ubisoft games have suspiciously inflated installation size.

I'm no expert in game development but the cynic in me thinks it's to prevent players from installing other time-sink games.

The COD games employ a similar tactic...

8 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

no glitches or bugs as of right now for me 🙏🏽 it really feels classic yes they mastered it imho, stealth feels rewarding cause fighting huge groups isn't the way to got in this one which is amazing. Exploring and finding stuff is fun, music is amazing and the prolog gives you some kind of AC II vibes, loved it. 

That's really encouraging to hear. I'll be playing it on xbox tomorrow so shall find out for myself!

25 minutes ago, Saiko-Senpai94 said:

Does anyone know when the PS5 upgrade will be available to download? Just got the PS4 Version (cause i like 2 Games for the same price lol).

I assume when the game officially releases on the PSN Store.
Very rare cases it's available earlier and sometimes it takes a few extra days if some configuration went wrong for certain disc codes.
Worst case: It takes a year like with Marsupilami and Asterix & Obelix games that got a PS5 release long time after the PS4 release 😅

I just started playing the PS4 version because long term plan is to 100% all AC games 🙃

Just now, Kolm said:

I assume when the game officially releases on the PSN Store.
Very rare cases it's available earlier and sometimes it takes a few extra days if some configuration went wrong for certain disc codes.
Worst case: It takes a year like with Marsupilami and Asterix & Obelix games that got a PS5 release long time after the PS4 release 😅

I just started playing the PS4 version because long term plan is to 100% all AC games 🙃

I assumed so as well, to bad but oh well, whats a day more waiting.
That sounds disgusting, waiting a year.😅

Same here with the goal, maybe i should just the PS4 version today instant of replaying the whole game sometime later.

14 hours ago, soziaLSturmi said:

parkour feels good, not too fast but also not slow, right pacing imo but I know for a fact some will say it is too slow 😂 lets just say feels "more realistic" 

Good enough for me, thanks for the answer

12 hours ago, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Yeah, all modern Ubisoft games have suspiciously inflated installation size.

I'm no expert in game development but the cynic in me thinks it's to prevent players from installing other time-sink games.

The COD games employ a similar tactic...

It's more of a laziness on the developer's part. Huge file sizes are USUALLY because the devs didn't bother to compress textures and cinematics. Especially if a game has let's say, 2k/4k mode available, even if most players will not use it, the textures for this resolution will be downloaded and installed regardless. The same goes for cinematics. If you play in 1080p because that's the highest resolution your screen can show, it has to download and install everything regardless. Back in the day these files used to be a bit compressed but nowadays, the devs don't care and just put in everything for you to download at once, hence huge sizes. I'm not talking about CoD as it's launcher is a fucking joke and you basically download multiple games if you simply buy Cold War or MW2.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HaserPL said:

It's more of a laziness on the developer's part. Huge file sizes are USUALLY because the devs didn't bother to compress textures and cinematics. Especially if a game has let's say, 2k/4k mode available, even if most players will not use it, the textures for this resolution will be downloaded and installed regardless. The same goes for cinematics. If you play in 1080p because that's the highest resolution your screen can show, it has to download and install everything regardless. Back in the day these files used to be a bit compressed but nowadays, the devs don't care and just put in everything for you to download at once, hence huge sizes. I'm not talking about CoD as it's launcher is a fucking joke and you basically download multiple games if you simply buy Cold War or MW2.

The more graphics there are in the game, the more Gigabytes needed.  Valhalla ironically says it only needs 50GB minimum on the box, but when you add the DLC  later [ updates too ]that adds more GB of usage on your PS5 or PS4.  Oddworld Soulstorm only requires 16GB, where as GOD of War Ragnarok needs 91GB, Death's Door only requires 3GB.  

On 10/4/2023 at 1:01 PM, Saiko-Senpai94 said:

I assumed so as well, to bad but oh well, whats a day more waiting.
That sounds disgusting, waiting a year.😅

Same here with the goal, maybe i should just the PS4 version today instant of replaying the whole game sometime later.

Just quoting you to let you know that for me the free PS4 disc upgrade to PS5 digital version is now working :)

Disc code: CUSA 33151 (Europe)

21 hours ago, TheMentor27 said:

Can anyone confirm if the ps4 version performs well on ps5? And how about save transfer and autopop platinum? 

I've played the PS4 version about 5-6 hours in the last 2 days on a PS5 and imo it ran well and looked nice.
No idea about save transfer/autopop, didn't check that yet as the free disc upgrade is only now available to me.

Edit:
This is what Powerpyx says in the guide about autopop/save transfer:

PS4/PS5 Autopop & Save Transfer: No Autopop. Save Transfer is supported in both directions (from PS4 to PS5 & PS5 to PS4) through Ubisoft online cloud (not through local save). It automatically downloads the last Ubisoft Cloud Save you made, requires internet connection. However, this doesn’t autopop any trophies. Some combat trophies pop after doing one more of the required task, but no story trophies autopop. You’d have to manually transfer save before every individual trophy and redo the last part that triggers the trophy.

Edited by Kolm

13 minutes ago, Kolm said:

Just quoting you to let you know that for me the free PS4 disc upgrade to PS5 digital version is now working :)

Disc code: CUSA 33151 (Europe)

I've played the PS4 version about 5-6 hours in the last 2 days on a PS5 and imo it ran well and looked nice.
No idea about save transfer/autopop, didn't check that yet as the free disc upgrade is only now available to me.

Edit:
This is what Powerpyx says in the guide about autopop/save transfer:

Thanks this is good to know. I guess it's fine to platinum this 2 times, as it's a short AC game (thank God). 

No need to play ps4 version first then. Thanks for the info! 

So I'm a bit behind on my AC games progress. I've done every AC game up to Odyssey, but haven't started Valhalla yet. I also picked up Mirage yesterday, but I wanted to know if any characters or story mentions of Valhalla are present in Mirage.

Should I start Mirage first then work on Valhalla or should I do Valhalla and then Mirage?

54 minutes ago, Jerry_Appleby said:

So I'm a bit behind on my AC games progress. I've done every AC game up to Odyssey, but haven't started Valhalla yet. I also picked up Mirage yesterday, but I wanted to know if any characters or story mentions of Valhalla are present in Mirage.

Should I start Mirage first then work on Valhalla or should I do Valhalla and then Mirage?

The main character of Mirage is in Valhalla. In this game you’re playing him during his younger days. Other than that, there’s no one from Valhalla present. I don’t think it really ties into it either.

You should be fine to play in any order you wish.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it a lot of fun, took me a week between work days to finish it, so felt a little too short. They could have maybe added feather or shanty type collector quests, or even some old school underground lairs, next time. Definitely a positive step and I hope they don’t go back to full on hack and slash RPG formulas. Easily my favourite AC since Origins, maybe even since Black Flag or Rogue. 

I played every single AC game since inception (back in the days) and will continue buying/playing every future ones. This one is short but good. Feels like an extended DLC (like Freedom Cry, maybe a bit longer). I like these games due to the long exploration process, so I was a bit disappointed, but overall very good game

• Like 1