Assassin’s Creed Mirage

9 minutes ago, Viper said:

There might be more free content on the way, but Mirage was supposed to be the last expansion for Valhalla (Basim, the main character in Mirage, is a major part of the Valhalla story). But Ubisoft decided to break it off and make it, its own Stand Alone thing. Plus the patches for Valhalla are really slowing down, I think Ubisoft are on the down turn with Valhalla now. 

It’s definitely a trend. Abigail was given her own stand-alone game in inFamous First Light, after she had a small role in Second Son. Chloe and Nadine were given their game in Uncharted: Lost Legacy, after they both clashed with Nathan Drake. 

Assassin’s Creed Mirage won’t release until next year. But the era in which it is set is the same in Assassin’s Creed Valhalla. 

Edited by AJ_Radio

3 hours ago, Viper said:

There might be more free content on the way, but Mirage was supposed to be the last expansion for Valhalla (Basim, the main character in Mirage, is a major part of the Valhalla story). But Ubisoft decided to break it off and make it, its own Stand Alone thing. Plus the patches for Valhalla are really slowing down, I think Ubisoft are on the down turn with Valhalla now. 

They said the final chapter of Valhalla will be a free update before year's end, so they're obviously winding it down.

I liked both old stealth and new rpg games. The only thing I hated was these freaking modern sections. When you play a character and then story is interrupted with ridiculous modern day people to whom I had zero sympathy and couldn’t care less for them. I ended up rushing through these sections skipping everything trying to get back to original story asap

Though not directly related, the guy at Ubisoft who is in charge of Assassin's Creed confirmed that they aren't currently working on a remake of AC1. If they aren't planning to spring it on us later, this is disappointing.

Also, no playable modern day stuff confirmed...that I don't mind. 

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-mirage-no-modern-present-day-gameplay/

• Like 2

As long as it's not a game as a service thing (like the codename Red stuff), I think I will be interested in the Mirage entry. Heck, at this point what's one more Assassin's Creed game? xD plus they promise to return to the roots(this time for real guys, Ubisoft swears on it!). Buuuuut....I think I will wait for a discount this time. Or at least some significant patches, when it gets released. No more blind trust like Valhalla.

2 hours ago, Viper said:

It's always been so weird to me how many people hate the modern day stuff. That IS the story of Assassin's Creed, it always has been. The historical part is simply the visual point of view of the conflict being told in the modern day. I've always wanted MORE modern day stuff, I always felt there wasn't enough focus on it and it's been stretched out too much because we ONLY get like 4 moments throughout the game. 

I enjoyed it with Desmond and thought he had a horrible ending simply because of people complaining about him, then the weird first person Abstergo employee stuff we had for several years was terrible...so the stuff with Layla since Origins was actually very interesting and I liked the break in gameplay to give us a breather and find out more about what's actually happening and WHY we're playing with the historical figure that we got. 

Honestly I agree with the idea, the problem with the modern day stuff is that it feels like it was sidelined completely. During the Desmond years, the modern day stuff was amazing. Sure the gameplay wasn't that fun, but it was written perfectly.

Now it just feels sloppy and probably people would just not have modern day stuff at all rather than having that lazy Layla script. Yes AC games do NOT work without the modern day stuff (AC Unity/Syndicate felt really disconnected without a modern day free roam)...but man they don't even try anymore at this point. Story wise, at least.

(although I do admit, the Valhalla ending twist WAS pretty good :D )

• Like 1

It's a shame to hear that there won't be a modern storyline, as even though I haven't enjoyed it as much since Desmond, I feel it's important to what Assassin's Creed is - the idea that the gameplay is a simulation of memories hidden in someone's genetic material. The abstergo employee stuff they tried wasn't good, but I had thought it was starting to improve with Layla - and I'd like to have seen more as more recently the modern storyline has been a bit cryptic.

However, I admit in this instalment it does make sense not to have it as near the end of Valhalla (endgame spoiler ahead)

Spoiler

Basim takes over the animus in order to relive Eivor's memories. So if Mirage is about his past, and modern-day wise it comes after Valhalla, why would Basim use the animus to relive his own memories? I'm actually hoping Mirage actually sets up a bit more about Basim's past and who he was in order to support more modern day segments in the future games, since surely- unless they do away with it completely- the modern day story will continue with him at some point.

Edited by igs63

4 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Anyone else notice that mirage got an AO Adults Only rating for Real Gambling? 2nd image is from the xbox store listing

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

I saw this too. Are there any games on PS yet with NFT's? I'm wondering if Mirage has them and ESRB is correctly calling that gambling, since buying an NFT is hoping it goes up in "value" so some sucker will give you more money for it than what you paid.

• Like 1

Character and setting don't appeal to me, I really would like a more modern(ish) theme, atleast closer to Syndicate.. but I'll still play it because I'm an AC fan. I appreciate the game going back to it's roots, I just hope we get better traversal fluidity. When the games were focused on stealth things felt very stiff, granted it's been quite some time since then.

Edited by Skurkitty

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

Anyone else notice that mirage got an AO Adults Only rating for Real Gambling? 2nd image is from the xbox store listing

https://www.xbox.com/en-us/games/store/assassins-creed-mirage/9n4096hx1wwq

unknown.png

IMG_0534.png

Seriously doubt that’s final. Most places won’t sell AO games and none of the console manufacturers would put it on console. Several American retailers have opened preorders and the ESRB doesn't have a listing when you check, so likely either it's a mistake or something's gonna change between now and then. Plus, if you look at Assassin's Creed's webpage, the rating is RP, "likely Mature", so chances are it's a miscommunication or something. Still, wonder if Ubisoft will respond to this...the fact some are even saying that doesn't look good.

https://gamerant.com/assassins-creed-mirage-adult-rating-gambling/

Edited by MidnightDragon

This is cool. They have confirmed the game will have full Arabic dubbing for all regions.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/world/assassin-s-creed-mirage-will-feature-full-arabic-voice-acting-regardless-of-region/ar-AA11HHme

Edited by MidnightDragon

4 hours ago, Milktastrophe said:

I saw this too. Are there any games on PS yet with NFT's? I'm wondering if Mirage has them and ESRB is correctly calling that gambling, since buying an NFT is hoping it goes up in "value" so some sucker will give you more money for it than what you paid.

To hell with NFTs...hopefully they won't be putting that garbage in this.

13 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

The ESRB doesn’t have a rating down for it, all of the stuff on their official channels say RP, so most likely there was a mix up or something. MS and Sony don’t put AO games on their consoles, so not very likely this is final. Ubi will probably clarify.

2 minutes ago, MidnightDragon said:

The ESRB doesn’t have a rating down for it, all of the stuff on their official channels say RP, so most likely there was a mix up or something. MS and Sony don’t put AO games on their consoles, so not very likely this is final. Ubi will probably clarify.

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not surprised if Ubisoft would try to push the envelope even further. At the end of the day this a company that protects sexual predators. They don't give a shit.

1 minute ago, El Duderino said:

Maybe, maybe not. I'm not surprised if Ubisoft would try to push the envelope even further. At the end of the day this a company that protects sexual predators. They don't give a shit.

Don’t think they’re THAT stupid and want to risk cutting off most of their sales. Also would severely limit where they can advertise. 

25 minutes ago, El Duderino said:

It won't take long for us to find out. I'm from the Old World and the ESRB has no say here, anyway. ;)

Yea, you don’t even have to worry about it. :P Just don’t see it happening. They wouldn’t want to be cut out from North American sales. As much attention as this is drawing, they’ll have to say something. 

Edited by MidnightDragon