Sony Revealing Something Slim (PS Vita)

Chambers35

Sony has been sending out invites to members of the media for an upcoming reveal event :)

"Following the biggest launch in PlayStation history, join us for an introduction to the slimmest."

playstation-breakfast-briefing-redactedj

Source

The article says it's most likely going to be a slim PS Vita for Europe and NA, which Japan already have.

So what do you guys think about this? I'm hoping it is a new and improved Vita as it might encourage me to finally buy one :D I certainly doubt it's anything to do with the PS4.

Edited by Chambers35

It could be the SLIM model indeed.

I recently bought the VITA. Got a good deal here in the Netherlands. 150 euries together with 8 racing games and a 8GB stick.

I was afraid I would get the slim version (slim version has a lesser display, a LCD instead of a OLED) but luckily I got the fatter model with the OLED display.

Fantastic device and currently playing Killzone and next week Persona 4 Golden.

Edited by Jeriekor

I have my fingers crossed for the Vita TV. I've wanted one since the announcement. I know not all the games for the Vita will work on it, but I hope more support comes over time. I dreamed of the same concept for the PSP (UMDs played through a console on the TV with a DS3), and was pretty excited when they announced the Vita TV. I'd love for a throwback edition that has a UMD drive as well as a Vita game slot for the huge back catolog of UMDs. 

• Like 1

hoping for cheaper cards and 64 or bigger cards announced with it as well. It'd be awesome to have all my games on it at once. Perhaps more stuff like the Evergreen plus titles rotated out, It's just around the 2 year anniversary of the Vita.

Ps Vita TV is bad because you can't play games with touch function, so yeah it has a very reduced list of playable games (if any good, really)

I am pretty sure they will remap those games touch heavy. and with the 4's touch pad perhaps it will be easier to remap.

I don't get how you can really make an already small handheld device, smaller, but hey, knock yourself out, Sony.

Also, since we're on the topic of Slim, how can they make the PS4, which is already a fairly small platform in relative terms, any smaller for the inevitable slim release? 

That's the problem though, the Vita isn't that small to begin with. As far as the PS4...oh, Sony WILL find a way.

Edited by merciful84

I'm hoping it's a release date for the first RPG for the PS4, whatever that might be (Bound by Flame right now I think).

In regards to the Slim Vita I do like the size of it as well as the fact that it recharges with a Micro USB cable instead of the dedicated power cable the original Vita has. I don't like that they replaced the OLED screen with an LCD one though. Which is funny in a way because they went with a smaller model but changed the screen type to one that is typically thicker.

Since its saying slimmest there...chances are that may be the slim Vita indeed which is way worse than the original...but they wouldn't make such a big thing just to announce that...they're probably bringing Vita TV since a lot of people are waiting for that.

What I'm really expecting to be is the 64gb memory card for US.Now that would be sweet.