New reward adjustments

Skargarim

So this sounds quite good I guess

Updates which will come into effect beginning of April:

• Increase rewards in the events in the latter half of the World Circuits by approximately 100% on average.
  • Addition of high rewards for clearing the Circuit Experience in all Gold/All Bronze results.
  • Increase of rewards in Online Races.
  • Include a total of eight new one-hour Endurance Race events to Missions. These will also have higher reward settings.
  • Increase the upper limit of non-paid credits in player wallets from 20M Cr. to 100M Cr.
  • Increase the quantity of Used and Legend cars on offer at any given time.

Finally, we also want to take the opportunity to lay out some of the near-term updates we are working on. We can’t confirm an exact date or specifics yet, but will give advance notice via www.gran-turismo.com.

• Increase the payout value of limited time rewards as we develop as a live service.
  • Further World Circuit event additions.
  • Addition of Endurance Races to Missions including 24-hour races.
  • Addition of Online Time Trials and awarding of rewards according to the player’s difference with the top ranked time.
  • Make it so cars can be sold.

Source: https://blog.playstation.com/2022/03/25/gran-turismo-7-an-update-from-polyphony-digital/

Edited by BlindMango
Added source link
  • Like 3

At least they're righting their wrongs to some extent and perhaps listening to the community.

Also, I'm very keen for online time trials. I never understood why online racing games that are built around being the fastest don't have leaderboards to actually show the fastest

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sicho said:

being able to sell cars will make the three legendary cars trophy much more pleasant

Definitely! Although this could go 1 of 2 ways..

1) Get a fair price selling cars back. 

2) Get barely anything that there would be no point in selling cars. 

On another note.. I'm also hoping for a change to the obviously fixed roulette tokens.

Edited by BenHarveyMusic
Missed Note
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

So, the 1M credits is only for people who logged in before today, is that it?

Since I just bought the game and haven't started it yet, I won't get the credits, right?

It’s worded in game as an apology for the server being down for a day, you didn’t own the game so weren’t impacted.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

So, the 1M credits is only for people who logged in before today, is that it?

Since I just bought the game and haven't started it yet, I won't get the credits, right?

just try it, I wouldn't be surprised if you would still get them as many games technologically simply enable an auto-reward for certain dates and don't do any other checks.

• Like 1

"as we develop as a live service"

"...to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion..."

I think they've completely lost the plot. They're in the business of making a racing game but STILL pretending like they have an mmo despite the shitstorm.

I'm glad that they effectively confirmed that it will continue to be a live service with microtransactions because now I have zero hope for this game and can cross it off my list for good. Good luck to everyone who is satisfied with the announcement, I hope you enjoy the game.

3 hours ago, LastMinuteSavior said:

Entonces, 1 millón de créditos es solo para personas que iniciaron sesión antes de hoy, ¿es eso?

Como acabo de comprar el juego y aún no lo he comenzado, no obtendré los créditos, ¿verdad?

I played the game today for the first time to get the 1,000,000 reward, when I entered the garage there they were waiting for me
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, JediKnight_327 said:

"as we develop as a live service"

"...to re-establish the intended equilibrium and provide more accurate rewards based on time investment and completion..."

I think they've completely lost the plot. They're in the business of making a racing game but STILL pretending like they have an mmo despite the shitstorm.

I'm glad that they effectively confirmed that it will continue to be a live service with microtransactions because now I have zero hope for this game and can cross it off my list for good. Good luck to everyone who is satisfied with the announcement, I hope you enjoy the game.

I mean, this is basically what GT Sport was. They're going to continually add events and content to the game over the years, tweak and rebalance the car and event list, and have an optional MTX component. The MP is the long-term appeal. Here's hoping these rebalances make the steering toward MTX feel way less aggressive.

Edited by JD-D2
  • Like 1

I think we won on this one :D

I just didn't play when rewards were bad, and licenses were broken, played something else, and returned to 1 million credits. 

Now i dont have to grind for the Tomahawk. Win win.. 

Nice they listened, and no harm done :) I dont care how much they try to push in game buys with real money, cause i just dont buy it. If you think its bad in GT7, try playing Gems of War :D haha