Horizon Forbidden West: Burning Shores - DLC?

7 hours ago, FulgidoLucio said:

I just platted the game. So, for Ultra Hard NG+, do I only have to fully upgrade those 4 weapons you say and the Nora Thunder armor? 

I'd say that those four weapons should have you covered. The Nora armor is weak against plasma and frost so if you want you might also upgrade another armor for use in fights against enemies that use plasma or frost attacks but that wasn't really a big problem so you should be okay with just the Thunder Warrior armor.

Also be sure to upgrade your pouches and stock up on Volatile Sludge so you can craft your best ammunition. I started with about 400 sludge stocked up and I actually ended having more when I finished the game but I also only used the best ammo during boss fights or when I absolutely needed to, otherwise I just relied on advanced hunter arrows.

wow get all the way to the final boss fight just to find how what a buggy mess the fight is.  Can't use my potion half the time I try to use a large potion she goes through the motion but doesn't take it.  I find smoke bombs useful for the fight and half the time I try to toss down a smoke bomb she acts like she is laying a trap.  What a bunch of garbage. Literally am getting destroyed over and over again. never had a problem until the final fight but then again didn't really use potions much before the final fight either. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/13/2022 at 3:00 AM, steel6burgh said:

wow get all the way to the final boss fight just to find how what a buggy mess the fight is.  Can't use my potion half the time I try to use a large potion she goes through the motion but doesn't take it.  I find smoke bombs useful for the fight and half the time I try to toss down a smoke bomb she acts like she is laying a trap.  What a bunch of garbage. Literally am getting destroyed over and over again. never had a problem until the final fight but then again didn't really use potions much before the final fight either. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tilda/Specter Prime hits you with a weird debuff that prevents you from using potions. Look in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and you'll see a little white circle with a potion in it and a slash through the circle. I encountered the same thing during that fight and only that fight. Aloy wouldn't use potions and then I noticed that anti-potion icon. No other enemies placed this debuff on me and the game never explains it. The last battle on Ultra Hard was unenjoyable. Glad it's over.

There is widespread speculation about a "Burning Shores" DLC, possibly set in Mexico/Southern California. Nothing confirmed though. Guerilla has confirmed a standalone game for PSVR2, Horizon: Call of the Mountain. The trailer does not feature Aloy.

Edited by poetic_justice_
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, poetic_justice_ said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Tilda/Specter Prime hits you with a weird debuff that prevents you from using potions. Look in the upper left-hand corner of the screen and you'll see a little white circle with a potion in it and a slash through the circle. I encountered the same thing where Aloy wouldn't use potions and then I noticed that anti-potion icon. No other enemies placed this debuff on me and the game never explains what it is. The last battle on Ultra Hard was unenjoyable. Glad it's over.

yeah especially considering i decided to do the ultra hard playthrough  without upgrading or even really going after the best weapons.  I just decided to wing it and hope for the best and for the most part I didn't have too much trouble until the final boss.  it didn't help that I fought the boss about 50 times before I looked up a video and noticed there was health in the room.  Lol.  I literally fought that boss until my fingers hurt i was so under leveled and then the 1st time I used the health caches I beat it.  I was actually getting really good at the fight but it was a potential one shot death for me at any given time so it had to be flawless.  I was not too far from wiping ng plus progress and reverting back to my original save and then going to upgrade and do it all again.  Glad i stuck it out.  

You are probably right it was probably a debuff but it really felt like the game was bugged the way it was with the animation,  i never even though about that though.

Edited by steel6burgh

On 7/22/2022 at 9:35 AM, steel6burgh said:

yeah especially considering i decided to do the ultra hard playthrough  without upgrading or even really going after the best weapons.    I was not too far from wiping ng plus progress and reverting back to my original save and then going to upgrade and do it all again.  Glad i stuck it out.  

!!! That sounds horrible. I'm both amazed and glad you made it, because that fight is tough. Specter Prime took forever to kill with its huge health pool, which is challenging enough, but constantly getting stun locked made the fight unenjoyable. I upgraded everything, and then totally forgot to change my gear after sneaking through the first part of the mission. The entire Specter Prime battle I was wearing the stealth outfit (Utaru Winterweave). Nora Thunder Warrior or Tenakth Vanquisher would have been much better at regenerating Focus and weapon stamina.

Edited by poetic_justice_

• 8 months later...
2 hours ago, HusKy said:

Oh yea, I'll get back to it one day. So we're guessing the DLC will add more tokens that hopefully will come naturally while doing the trophiea for that, so less of a grind?

7 minutes ago, Optinooby said:

So we're guessing the DLC will add more tokens that hopefully will come naturally while doing the trophiea for that, so less of a grind?

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Playing DLC via NG will probably not provide any tokens so by doing the DLC via NG+, it should reduce replaying of content from the base game.

• Like 1

If it's anything like the DLC for the first game (Frozen Wilds compared to Zero Dawn), it will come with a bunch of end-game armor and weapons, a few new machine types, and a huge jump in difficulty. And considering you already have to play NG+ on Ultra Hard to 100% the trophy list, I'm not actually sure doing the DLC on that playthrough for the extra tokens would be faster than just doing a second NG+ run on Story mode.

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/3/2023 at 4:01 PM, HusKy said:

Yeah that's what I'm hoping for. Playing DLC via NG will probably not provide any tokens so by doing the DLC via NG+, it should reduce replaying of content from the base game.

You have to complete the story to access the DLC though.

1 hour ago, BlackTorito said:

You have to complete the story to access the DLC though.

Yep, I'm doing NG+ story+DLC for tokens (need at least 85) and then NG++ on UH (30 from story, 10 from unlocking 5 towers where you can land on top with flying mount)

=> 125 tokens total needed for all of the unlocks

• Like 1

What do you think about trophies, new gears, new stuff, difficulty, playing time, etc ...?

These -  weapon and armor in the PREorder digital copy are LEGENDARY?

And if it is bought will be running with the game in the PS premium game catalog?

• 1 month later...
On 05/06/2022 at 1:08 PM, Vault-TecPhantom said:

Sure, no worries. Had to locate my old post where I mentioned it as I've forgotten so much of the game already haha. It's the Braced Shot technique. You have to put in quite a few points in the Infiltrator skill tree to get to it but that shouldn't be a problem on NG+ with the respec option.

The catch with this skill is that Aloy cannot move when using it. It makes her kneel and aim wherever she is facing so you have to pick a good moment to use it which can be tricky if you have an enemy that attacks over and over in quick succession or is constantly zipping about. However, when you do it get the opportunity it's basically a guarantee kill in one or two hits on regular difficulty and upgraded gear. Most of the time you can use it without even getting into open combat as it kills the enemy so quickly (hence why it's in the stealth tree).

The only reason I suspect it hasn't been nerfed yet is because a lot of the Horizon fanbase aren't stealth players so the devs won't get to see how cheesy it is. 

LMAO well it was fun while it lasted! Apparently the devs got wind of how OP the braced shot was and decided to nerf it into the ground a few months ago. Having returned for Burning Shores I noticed the nerf instantly. It's now no better than any regular explosion, except it's worse because the trade-off was that Aloy couldn't move. Now it does hardly any damage AND limits Aloy's movement. Good job, devs. ?

Why do developers do this? They release OP skills or weapons that the player gets attached to, nerf it, then you find something else even more OP, they nerf that and the cycle continues. They need to get better at balancing games before releasing them. There's no way that braced shot was not flagged in testing because it was an OP skill even without buffs.

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I picked up the DLC in that sale and finally finished it off last night. While I did enjoy it like I enjoy playing all of Horizon, it didn’t seem to have the same level of polish. I had frequent issues with glitches and had to reload saves a few times during the five missions. The final mission I didn’t really like that much either, avoiding those tentacles was a pain! But still I liked the setting and more horizon is good. 

I still have a few DLC things to do, collectibles and the cauldron, and then I’m going to start a NG+ of the entire game.