Kingdom Hearts IV

Abby_TheLastofUs

Hope it's more like KH2 in terms of style. It looks like the other worlds may be getting a soft reboot too(?).

Some of those action sequences reminds me of Versus XIII. Wondering if Nomura is using this game as a foundation for his would-be Verum Rex.

Edited by Eraezr
  • Like 2

It seems that Goofy and Donald will still be there but I'm getting the vibes that we won't be getting Disney worlds at all. Also I'm just gonna be honest I don't remember what the hell the story so far has been about. Nor do I feel like putting effort watching more mobile game cutscenes on youtube just to get the full picture. I'll wait and see with this game lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 2

The two things that have kept me away from Kingdom Hearts all this time are the total chaos of all the Kingdom Hearts titles and a lack of clarity on order someone new should play them in. 

And the KH zealots. In-person Kingdom Hearts zealots are the worst. 

Seems like someone new shouldn’t just play I, II, III, and then play IV when it comes out?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Seems like someone new shouldn’t just play I, II, III, and then play IV when it comes out?

Oh god no, the story's already convoluted. That's just asking to get mindfucked every couple of hours while playing the game. When a friend made me try KH they made me play the games (or watch 4-5 hr cutscenes on YouTube) according to the original release order:

1. KH1 Final Mix

2. Chain of Memories

3. KH 2 Final Mix

4. KH 358/2 Days

5. KH Birth by Sleep Final Mix

6. KH Re:Coded

7. KH Dream Drop Distance HD

8. KH ~X~ Back Cover

9. 0.2 A Fragmentary Passage

And then go play KH 3 including the DLC, then move on to the rhythm game: Melody of Memory.

The new mobile game might be cannon too.

I really don't even remember wtf the story is about. It's all a blur and it felt like I had a long convoluted fever dream. Maybe when this game is close to coming out I might reconsider recapping the story so far but right now it's just a massive chore.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, Eraezr said:

Hope it's more like KH2 in terms of style. It looks like the other worlds may be getting a soft reboot too(?).

Some of those action sequences reminds me of Versus XIII. Wondering if Nomura is using this game as a foundation for his would-be Verum Rex.

Verum Rex is a reintroduce of Versus XIII both in what it is and as the Latin title( True King) and of course the Yozora is based on Noctis

35 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Nope that is the worst thing for a new player. Every entry if not only important but essential for the whole narrative (including the journal entries and the secret reports!!).

26 minutes ago, AihaLoveleaf said:

I've been interested in trying the Kingdom Hearts series for years now, but the thought of playing/watching phone games to fully understand and appreciate the story is just too much for me.

Don't worry KH: Unchained X/Union Cross/Dark Road is meant to be played after all the other entries.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, PostGameBlues said:

I really don't even remember wtf the story is about. It's all a blur and it felt like I had a long convoluted fever dream

Kingdom Hearts wiki has a very nice summary of The Dark Seeker Saga in a well organized order if you want to read it.

10 minutes ago, ASMODAIOS344 said:

Nope that is the worst thing for a new player. Every entry is not only important but essential for the whole narrative (including the journal entries and the secret reports!!).

God finally someone with a little sense on this website when talking about Kingdom Hearts

• Like 3

I really like the logo of the new entry. I want to know what the metallic color imply?. Perhaps is related to what is inside the Black Box.

8 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

God finally someone with a little sense on this website when talking about Kingdom Hearts

Certainly there are others messed up user's?

IMG-20220410-161059.jpg

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Soraking1991 said:

I love mess ? 

Looks like we’re getting closer to Nomura’s FFvsXIII inside KH… and I’m all in!

Well I trust you're making light of it. Most others just say it in judgment. Anyway let's hope this one doesn't take 13 years to release

Edited by Deadly_Ha_Ha
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, oxford_wolf007 said:

I play these games mainly to play with Disney characters and in Disney worlds, as I’m a huuuuge Disney fan. Right now this looks like it’s going to be lacking in Disney, so I don’t know how I feel about it. Sort of excited because new (?) but also a little meh. 

Its still too early to tell as kh3 took forever to release after getting announced and ever since kh2  square literally rolls out the red carpet every time a new world is confirmed. Im sure there will be at least 5-6 disney worlds(im guessing encanto and incredibles are likely, maybe frozen 2 as well but im hoping for Aladdin to return so they can cover the 40 thieves film)

• Like 1