Summer 2022 Backlog Challenge

On 1-5-2022 at 6:06 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Mission 100%: Spring 2022 Backlog Challenge

Special thanks to @damon8r351 @colinmazzini and @ShadowStar83x for their parts in hosting the challenge!

If you're like me, you've got an insanely large backlog and have no good reason you keep putting it off and watching it grow. Why not do something about it? Like previous backlog challenges, this event is a challenge to the community to select between 5 and 25 games from your backlog and complete them to 100% starting 00:01 AM EST June 1 and ending at 23:59 US EST on August 31. If you complete the maximum of 25 before the end of the challenge, you can add up to 15 more games for a total of 40.

Now, here are the details and rules. 

• Event Philosophy: This is a firm commitment to complete the games you say you will within the time limit, so choose games you know you can finish, and select a manageable number. The minimum for the event is 5 games, and the maximum is 25. If you finish 25 games, you can add up to 10 more. You can change your games as much as you want until 23:59 EST on May 31. After the event begins, you can make up to three swaps. If you think there's a good reason to drop a game entirely without swapping (like your console broke or the game got damaged beyond repair), message me. If you want to add more games to your list or want to continue after finishing your list, you can add games to your list up to the maximum. Existing DLC counts in the challenge, but any DLC released during the challenge doesn’t have to be completed, but feel free to do so if you wish.
  • Eligible Games: Any game with trophies are eligible for the event, with a few exceptions. One game can have a completion percentage of up to 50%, but the rest must be 33% or under. Unreleased games are fine as long as they're released and you buy them within the challenge's timeframe. If it gets delayed outside the challenge window, you can swap it and it not count against the three swaps. Standalone DLC (like Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) is acceptable as long as it's not part of another trophy list. If it is (Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare for example), you have to also complete the other trophies. You can also do a game where 100% is unobtainable if you feel strongly about it, but you must complete all obtainable trophies. Individual episodes of a game that has separate trophy lists, such as in early Telltale games or Broken Sword on the Vita, count as a single game; therefore, Sam & Max: The Devil's Playhouse counts as 1 game, not 5. For this event, you may complete a game you have previously done for a different platform or region before the start of this event, but you may not do the same game multiple times during this event. Cross-saving a game for an easy completion will also be ineligible. This includes autopopping a cross gen game on PS5. If you want it on both, you have to do it legit.
  • Eligible Participants: Anyone is eligible to participate, provided you are serious about completing the games you say will. However, if you have flagged games on your PSNProfile, you are banned from participating unless you hide the games, get unflagged, or use a different profile. No cheating! You will be added to the list with your PSN name rather than PSNP, so if you change your PSN ID, please let me know so I can update you on the list. I will update the participants at least once a day, but if I miss you, @ me or send me a message and I'll add you ASAP.

Participation List

On 15-5-2022 at 8:06 PM, DizzyDavidson said:

I'm in once again! Here's my crazy list:

• Tales of Symphonia [PS3] - 0%
  • Resistance 3 [PS3] - 0%
  • MotoGP 18 [PS4] - 10%
  • SpongeBob SquarePants: Battle For Bikini Bottom [PS4] - 0%
  • Dynasty Warriors 6: Empires [PS3] - 0%
  • Papers, Please [Vita] - 0%

Initial thoughts:

Reveal hidden contents

Tales of Symphonia: This is a big one. I promised myself I would either play this or Final Fantasy X this year (the latter I played a gagillion times on PS2 so it can wait). The guide says 4 playthroughs and 150 hours. Considering I'll do my first playthrough mostly blind, those numbers will go higher for me. I tried to pick short/easy ones for my other games to even things out and I have some vacation time coming up in the summer. Wish me luck on this one!

Resistance 3: It's one of very few FPS games I like but this has been sitting in my backlog for far too long. Time to end it. I'm probably going to have to juggle 2 controllers at once for co-op campaign... :/

MotoGP: I need a racing game for a personal milestone. I got this in a sale and already done the online trophies. Since it's already started why not just finish it up.

SpongeBob: I wanted to include a PS+ title. I'm a big SpongeBob fan also, my sister and I quote the show all the time and just laugh when other people don't get what we're talking about.

DW6E: This one seems like a really short and easy DW game. I never played an "Empires" game so this will be interesting.

Papers, Please: I'll be spending some of my vacation time traveling. I usually take my Vita with me, hence the game. Just something relaxing, not requiring too much effort.

count me in i have to many games on disc i want to finish

• Like 1

On 6/11/2022 at 10:27 AM, Jon22264 said:

Late to the party but I'd like to join, I didn't do to well in the spring event, so Summer is full steam ahead!

The games below are ones i'd like to get off the backlog list, all at 0% unless otherwise stated:

- Sherlock Holmes: The Devils Daughter

- LEGO Marvel Super Heroes 2 (18%)

- Beyond Two Souls (PS3)

- Nightmares from the Deep 3

- Broken age (PS Vita)

- Wolfenstein: Old Blood

Thanks 

Added

On 6/11/2022 at 11:43 PM, Banoa07 said:

count me in i have to many games on disc i want to finish

Post your list and I'll add you.

9 hours ago, Crispy_Oglop said:

1. TMNT: Shredders Revenge - 0% [July]

I might add that, but waiting to see the trophy list.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, YaManSmevz said:

Update #2

6/14/22

What's up y'all, hope everybody's havin a good week. Your progress certainly indicates as much! Big ups to @Heather342, that No Way Out scenario is a nasty one and I'm glad to hear you've conquered it - the hundo is pretty much smooth sailing after that one!

Guacamelee is awesome. I could not get the hard mode code to work to save my life, so I just started playing, and honestly I'm totally okay with playing this twice! Quickly became a classic example of a game bein like "why you been sleepin on me, bro??" and I can't believe I didn't hop on this sooner.

I did get stuck, though... I need to get back and see where I am1f602.png

Thanks Smevz ? Those pale zombies were the absolute worst in that scenario, but it's done now, and I never have to look at a pale zombie again ?

Glad to hear you've been enjoying Guacamelee too. I played it in the last challenge and it was a lot of fun (although the Vita version has a slightly different trophy list to the STCE version). All the Drinkbox studios games I've played have been great, I'll probably grab the sequel too ?. I ended up playing the game through twice, and I think it only took me about 4-5 hours just to power through the main objectives of the game. Just make sure you pick up enough health and stamina upgrades through your second playthrough and you should be fine ?

• Like 4

My games that i want to plat are diablo reaper of souls persona 5 royal  slay the spire werewolf the apocalypse earth blood for now my backlog is huge but i need to look at it per month so but those are the games i want to get platinum trophie from themfor now there are more but that is going to be it for july