Do you/would you own a gun?

Dreakon139

I think I couldn't even own a legal gun here in TH being a foreigner and all, but even if I could I wouldn't unless there was some actual need for it. And if I had a need for it (aka. I'd fear for my life), I guess I'd just get the fuck out of here. I live in a quiet neighbourhood little off from the centrum and we have guards on the gate.

I've served a year in military back in my home country, I know how to use a firearm and whatnot, but I just don't see a need for one. At least not at the moment.

• 4 months later...

I don't see a reason for owning a gun, not even for protection. You can carry pepper spray, a tazergun or other non lethal weapons. You'll be more likely to put yourself in danger than be protected by a gun. Nobody should be able to just kill someone so easy whenever they feel like it. Even if it is to protect yourself from being mugged.

I think guns should be made illegal to buy for citizens. But apparently that's a bit of an unpopular opinion.

I don't see a reason for owning a gun, not even for protection. You can carry pepper spray, a tazergun or other non lethal weapons. You'll be more likely to put yourself in danger than be protected by a gun. Nobody should be able to just kill someone so easy whenever they feel like it. Even if it is to protect yourself from being mugged.

I think guns should be made illegal to buy for citizens. But apparently that's a bit of an unpopular opinion.

That's typical Belgian spirit you've got there xD I think about it exactly the same way ! Glad it's prohibited to own a gun (without licence) here in Belgium.

If you kill someone out of protection you're just aswell a criminal as the one who offended you. Of course, there's no denying that it may save your life in certain situations...  It should just be made harder to get your hands on a gun (there would be less gun related crime in the first place).

Edited by DarKNesS_X
  • Like 1

I own one thanks to army ^^ I like target shooting but nothing else. I think it's not good for people to own guns. Most people are irrespossible and do stupid things with guns. In my village 3 people already went to the street drunk and start shooting randomly. Hopefully no one was hurt but seeing stuff like that, they should stop giving guns to people. Well that's just my opinion ^_^

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Since I live in Australia, no. If I was in some psycho country like U.S, then I would have to get one or two out of necessity. My only exposure to guns in my life is being forced to go on hunting trips with the men of my family when I was a kid. Not fun and was a tad bit traumatising watching the light die out in the animal's eyes while they made me carry the carcasses.

• Like 3

people have the right to defend themselves, especially in the most violent country in the world where annual homicides are higher than whole countries combined (Brazil) the government is not able to protect the population and the poorest, and leave them to the mercy of bandits is not a wise decision. I'm obviously answering a complex question simplistically, but in a nutshell: yes, people should have guns if they want to. I wouldn't have one, but the right to have it must still exist. the integrity of your life and your family should not depend on others in a reality like the one described.

14 minutes ago, Eraezr said:

Since I live in Australia, no. If I was in some psycho country like U.S, then I would have to get one or two out of necessity. My only exposure to guns in my life is being forced to go on hunting trips with the men of my family when I was a kid. Not fun and was a tad bit traumatising watching the light die out in the animal's eyes while they made me carry the carcasses.

you shouldn't have been forced into something like that, especially as a child. you shouldn't desensitize a child, dammit.

i dont own any myself, but im not opposed to people having them within reason. i think pistols hunting rifles and shotguns are fine for home and personal protection and hunting. but theres no logical reason someone should own an ak or any assault rifle or things like that. (personal opinion here, so don't @ me) i think we as americans need to pull our heads out of our butts and set some stricter gun laws. make it harder for people to get them and restrict what types people can own. 

I think it'd be fun to have and practice and shoot targets recreationally... but my mind can get erratic enough that it's probably not a good idea for me personally to have around.  As far as harming myself goes, not others lol.

Edited by Dreakon13