Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

(cross posted, also on dispute thread)

There is just one theory OP has which I don't really understand. I know that with migrated saves from ps3 -> vita (MGS 2 & 3) or many ps4 games to ps5 games lately the timestamps should be close to each other, in seconds.

Looking at the timestamps of Dead Space I can't find any trophy that has been earned within seconds of each other. Since PS3 came out it introduced us directly with the trophy system, games got their trophy collections right from the start as far as I'm aware of.

So what I'm curious at is why is OP defending this case on autopopping trophies while it clearly hasn't autopopped?

6 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

Looking at the timestamps of Dead Space I can't find any trophy that has been earned within seconds of each other. Since PS3 came out it introduced us directly with the trophy system, games got their trophy collections right from the start as far as I'm aware of.

1. Trophies didn’t come out when the PS3 came out. They didn’t come out for several years after the PS3 came out. Some games were patched later to support trophies and all games after a point started requiring trophies, but that’s one of the reason there is a Trophyless Games subcategory in the PS3 forums here. 

2. Look at their first three trophies. All popped 5-6 seconds apart, which was in line with PS3 auto-popped timing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

1. Trophies didn’t come out when the PS3 came out. They didn’t come out for several years after the PS3 came out. Some games were patched later to support trophies and all games after a point started requiring trophies, but that’s one of the reason there is a Trophyless Games subcategory in the PS3 forums here. 

2. Look at their first three trophies. All popped 5-6 seconds apart, which was in line with PS3 auto-popped timing. 

1. Oh dang, I totally missed that part. From what I experienced is that the trophy system had always been there. To be fair I started playing on my brothers account in 2009 with some FF13.

2. I actually missed that part, now I see that chapters weren't achieved in a logical order. This will never be unflagged.

Sorry for my dumb message earlier, I just tried to find it myself but apparently I can't read somehow xD

This could have been played on a ps3 what never was connected to the internet, so no syncing of trophies. Maybe that ps3 died. But before it died he copied the save to an usb stick and loaded it up on his new ps3. Starting with that save from chapter 5 on his new ps3. That ps3 is connected to the internet so he can sync his trophies.

But because he started on chapter 5 those trophies are not in order. Chapter 1 to 4 after chapter 5 and the rest.

Same for the 1000 limbs. His save could had already more than 500 limbs cut off but the trophy flag did not register it because he was way past it. Thats why he has the 1000 limbs first (if x=20/500/1000 give trophy) all other numbers would not give one of those 3 trophies.

He started a new save and there it popped the trophies for 20 and 500 limbs.

2 hours ago, GUDGER666 said:

OP says they started a new game, if that's the case the trophies that didn't auto pop would start at the beginning instead of chapter 5. 

I think maybe what happened was I had the trophy firmware installed on my PS3 but I played through the game offline and found the collectibles offline first so the trophies popped on my system but not my account. I was on my second playthrough at chapter 5 when I signed into my account and carried on from there. When I picked up 1 more collectible and got kills with certain weapons the trophies autopopped. 

10 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

This could have been played on a ps3 what never was connected to the internet, so no syncing of trophies. Maybe that ps3 died. But before it died he copied the save to an usb stick and loaded it up on his new ps3. Starting with that save from chapter 5 on his new ps3. That ps3 is connected to the internet so he can sync his trophies.

But because he started on chapter 5 those trophies are not in order. Chapter 1 to 4 after chapter 5 and the rest.

Same for the 1000 limbs. His save could had already more than 500 limbs cut off but the trophy flag did not register it because he was way past it. Thats why he has the 1000 limbs first (if x=20/500/1000 give trophy) all other numbers would not give one of those 3 trophies.

He started a new save and there it popped the trophies for 20 and 500 limbs.

It is still against the leaderboard rules

@TJC_86do you remember what model your fat ps3 is, if you still have it?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I think maybe what happened was I had the trophy firmware installed on my PS3 but I played through the game offline and found the collectibles offline first so the trophies popped on my system but not my account. 

If that was the case the trophies wouldn't be auto popped and instead have missing time stamps. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SnowxSakura said:

It is still against the leaderboard rules

@TJC_86do you remember what model your fat ps3 is, if you still have it?

How the hell is that against the rules?

If I play a game on my ps3 that never was connected to the internet. And at that time we didnt have internet at home. Then after awhile we get internet but just before that my ps3 was as good as dead.(ylod)

Could just copy my save to an usb stick and use it on my new ps3 (nothing different than syncing your save to the cloud and download it on your other playstation) 

That playstation is mine, aswell as the save. So there is nothing wrong with it.

If everything is mine how can it be against the rules

So in that way cloud saving is aswell against leaderboard rules. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GUDGER666 said:

If that was the case the trophies wouldn't be auto popped and instead have missing time stamps. 

No I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I remember the collectible trophies autopopped when I picked up one more collectible. That's because I already found them all offline in a previous playthrough. The time stamps are the times the trophies popped on my account. 

10 minutes ago, Mr_Marty84 said:

How the hell is that against the rules?

If I play a game on my ps3 that never was connected to the internet. And at that time we didnt have internet at home. Then after awhile we get internet but just before that my ps3 was as good as dead.(ylod)

Could just copy my save to an usb stick and use it on my new ps3 (nothing different than syncing your save to the cloud and download it on your other playstation) 

That playstation is mine, aswell as the save. So there is nothing wrong with it.

If everything is mine how can it be against the rules

So in that way cloud saving is aswell against leaderboard rules. 

It's right here in the rules

Timestamp Synchronization Manipulation

Trophies should appear on your profile as they would “if they immediately synced to the PlayStation Network.” Do not manipulate timestamps by:

• Deletion of un-synced trophies earned, via a PlayStation System Restore (formatting data), followed by using your backed up save-game data. 
  • Transferring save-game data between multiple PlayStation systems without synchronizing data on them before resuming play.
  • Purposely waiting extended periods of time to sync your trophies in a manner that appears to break other listed rules.

You are expected to start your game over from scratch if your ps3 died and you didn't sync the unsynced trophies beforehand

Edited by SnowxSakura
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

No I'm pretty sure that's what happened. I remember the collectible trophies autopopped when I picked up one more collectible. That's because I already found them all offline in a previous playthrough. The time stamps are the times the trophies popped on my account. 

You said you think you had the trophy firmware installed but played offline. 

If your account was connected then the trophies would pop in order. 

If your account wasn't connected they wouldn't have time stamps. 

• Like 1

I played through the game offline first and found the collectibles offline, so those trophies popped on my system but not on my account at first. I was on my second offline playthrough on chapter 5 when I first signed into my account and began to earn the trophies on my account from that point onwards. The collectible trophies autopopped on my account when I picked up 1 more collectible, supposedly because the game recognized I had already found all the collectibles when I was playing offline. I carried on and finished the platinum while signed into my account. The timestamps are the times the trophies popped on my account, as I was now signed in. 

5 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I played through the game offline first and found the collectibles offline, so those trophies popped on my system but not on my account at first. I was on my second offline playthrough on chapter 5 when I first signed into my account and began to earn the trophies on my account from that point onwards. The collectible trophies autopopped on my account when I picked up 1 more collectible, supposedly because the game recognized I had already found all the collectibles when I was playing offline. I carried on and finished the platinum while signed into my account. The timestamps are the times the trophies popped on my account, as I was now signed in. 

Your first few trophies would be missing timestamps, as that's how the system works when you haven't connected to psn for the first time yet.

What model is the fat ps3 you used at the time if you still have it?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I smell bullshit straight away. So explain how you got Chapter 5 first, then Chapter 1 after that Chapters 6 till 12 + ending and then Chapter 3 and 4. It reaks in here, just come clean.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

I cant really comment because im not exactly sure what happened in your case. However if the dispute doesnt go your way and you honestly care that much about the leaderboards and this site then just simply hide the game. Go to your trophy list on the console, click options, click privacy settings, click hidden trophies, and click to hide on the dead space game. Youll still show the trophies on your total trophies on your trophy count on the system, youll still have your profile here, youll get your leaderboards reinstated, and your profile on here will look exactly the same except it just wont show that one game anymore. It sucks a little to deleye that game off especially if you did it honestly but just avoid the hassle and drama and hide it. Best of luck with it all though.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, MRTheChez said:

I smell bullshit straight away.

That's odd, considering you didn't even notice the autopopped collectible trophies just two hours ago...

• Like 3

I was on my second offline playthrough. I was at chapter 5. I signed into my account and carried on from chapter 5. I finished that playthrough then started another final playthrough on hard difficulty, earning the trophies for chapters 1-4 on that final playthrough. At least that's what my timestamps indicate what happened. 

Just now, MRTheChez said:

I can still smell bullshit straight away from a point that I notice it later on.

"Straight away" doesn't mean "later on"...your comment smells like bullshit. I don't recommend griefing the guy, since this is the first dispute I've seen like this. OP has enough evidence stacked against him, so there's really no need to pile on more. The interesting stuff is any information that would corroborate his claims.

• Like 3

Just now, TJC_86 said:

I was on my second offline playthrough. I was at chapter 5. I signed into my account and carried on from chapter 5. I finished that playthrough then started another final playthrough on hard difficulty, earning the trophies for chapters 1-4 on that final playthrough. At least that's what my timestamps indicate what happened. 

Your timestamps are currently saying:

Chapter 5

Chapter 6,7,8,9,10,11,12, 2 (in this particular order)

Chapter 3 & 4.

It simply doesn't add up and you will remain flagged for that.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, TJC_86 said:

The message on my profile sais I can "hide games" to be reinstated on the leaderboards, but It doesn't say how to do this and I shouldn't have to because I've done nothing wrong. If someone who runs this site reads this could they please look into this and get back to me. 

Hide Road Bustle first. Dead Space can wait.

• Like 3

Just now, Helyx said:

"Straight away" doesn't mean "later on"...your comment smells like bullshit. I don't recommend griefing the guy, since this is the first dispute I've seen like this. OP has enough evidence stacked against him, so there's really no need to pile on more. The interesting stuff is any information that would corroborate his claims.

Okay cool story bro