Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

Just now, Mori said:

Why is this thread even still up and allowed 6 pages of back and forth? Doesn't this belong to the dispute section?

op made a separate dispute thread that was glanced at by someone on the cheater removal team and for some reason, they removed the flag despite the flag being 100% correct.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

op made a separate dispute thread that was glanced at by someone on the cheater removal team and for some reason, they removed the flag despite the flag being 100% correct.

I know but what does that have to do with creating a seperate thread in a games forum section? If this is allowed it is only a matter of time until others create their own threads in the game's section and I am pretty sure that is not allowed or will usually get closed immediately, so why is this thread an exception?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mori said:

I know but what does that have to do with creating a seperate thread in a games forum section? If this is allowed it is only a matter of time until others create their own threads in the game's section and I am pretty sure that is not allowed or will usually get closed immediately, so why is this thread an exception?

I agree that it should be closed. However, op should still be flagged. It's not even an opinion either, it's a fact based on the rules of the leaderboard as stated on the what constitutes a flag thread

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

14 minutes ago, willmill97 said:

Can you all use your detective skills to work out why my wife left me and took the kids?

Is it because one day you brought home to your family, a KFC bucket of platinum trophies to eat instead of chicken wings?

• Like 4

Ok, so I just read this entire mega thread.

I think there needs to be a benefit of the doubt compromise, I think this user should be allowed to stay on the leaderboard, but they should DEFINITELY need to hide the game.

When I bought Resident Evil 5 is installed trophies on my system, then I wanted to play it online later and signed up for PSN, for that reason I have missing timestamps.

This user needed to have done the following

- Connect to PSN and connect, sync the clock and don't buy anything or play anything else that required an update

- Installed Dead Space by refusing the mandatory update that comes with the game, and then installing the base game.

Now quote me if I am wrong, I am pretty sure you can refuse patch update patches to a game on PS3, but you can NOT refuse the first mandatory install to the system hardware. If you can somehow refuse the system patch and install the game anyway, then the user has a case. If not then well, the trophies are likely hacked. I can't think of a reason though why anyone would think it was a good idea to refuse an update to their system in 2009 when most people barely even knew what patches and whatnot were back then, who would have wanted to refuse it even if you could?

Another thing though, why would this user cheat on one game and have a seemingly clear record the next 13 years?

And why cheat on the very first game they owned, and a game that doesn't even seem all that hard, rarity wise.

Still, RE5 came 4 months before Dead Space. I'm leaning towards it being not legit, after all, the original poster remembers playing the game before trophies being introduced, when clearly that isn't true and the game came out almost 6 months after trophies became a standard. That seems like a careless misremember. Even I myself can't remember what month trophies first started appearing, 2008 was a long time ago.

Why would Dead Space 5 months into the trophy install cycle not have them in the base game in that regard? That part makes no sense, because it's almost certain it comes mandatory install as part of the game.

Edited by enaysoft

16 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

Ok, so I just read this entire mega thread.

I think there needs to be a benefit of the doubt compromise, I think this user should be allowed to stay on the leaderboard, but they should DEFINITELY need to hide the game.

When I bought Resident Evil 5 is installed trophies on my system, then I wanted to play it online later and signed up for PSN, for that reason I have missing timestamps.

This user needed to have done the following

- Connect to PSN and connect, sync the clock and don't buy anything or play anything else that required an update

- Installed Dead Space by refusing the mandatory update that comes with the game, and then installing the base game.

Now quote me if I am wrong, I am pretty sure you can refuse patch update patches to a game on PS3, but you can NOT refuse the first mandatory install to the system hardware. If you can somehow refuse the system patch and install the game anyway, then the user has a case. If not then well, the trophies are likely hacked. I can't think of a reason though why anyone would think it was a good idea to refuse an update to their system in 2009 when most people barely even knew what patches and whatnot were back then, who would have wanted to refuse it even if you could?

Another thing though, why would this user cheat on one game and have a seemingly clear record the next 13 years?

And why cheat on the very first game they owned, and a game that doesn't even seem all that hard, rarity wise.

Still, RE5 came 4 months before Dead Space. I'm leaning towards it being not legit, after all, the original poster remembers playing the game before trophies being introduced, when clearly that isn't true and the game came out almost 6 months after trophies became a standard. That seems like a careless misremember. Even I myself can't remember what month trophies first started appearing, 2008 was a long time ago.

Why would Dead Space 5 months into the trophy install cycle not have them in the base game in that regard? That part makes no sense, because it's almost certain it comes mandatory install as part of the game.

The update in question with Dead space includes the firmware which has trophies with it. You literally cannot play Dead Space without said firmware. If you said no to installing the firmware the game would not boot. Dead Space wasn't a game that launched without trophies and had it patched in later. If that was the case, then missing timestamps (like my list) would be impossible.

• Like 3

…so has anybody else found another trophy list he/she had illegitimate trophies in?

Because it’s difficult to just do ONE (which was over a decade) and leave it at that.

And it seems this person has been fighting this case for a while when all you have to do is hide it and you are back on the leaderboards.

I don’t know if he/she is telling the truth, but if I was in their boots and I know I didn’t cheat while everyone is pointing that I am, I’ll be upset and fuming at the same time.

So I agree with the cheater team’s decision until we find another game that has questionable time stamps. Then I’ll say it’s curtains.

16 minutes ago, Sergen said:

That doesn't seem to matter to the CRT in other cases when people who cheated FIFA 09 in the same way as the OP cheated Dead Space have still been required to hide FIFA 09 from their trophy list when they did it in the same year as the OP cheated Dead Space. Thousands of people got flagged for FUEL, FIFA 09, SOCOM and other games that don't have save file encryption and that's the only game they might have cheated in 13 years too, regardless of that the CRT never considered this argument and kept the person flagged. I personally feel like everyone should be treated equally so if you unflag the OP for blantly cheating Dead Space the people who cheated the other games I mentioned should all have their flags lifted. 

Does anyone have any proof that the trophies can unlock the way the OPs trophies can in a legitimate list? I highly doubt that many trophies can just not unlock for a person in their playthrough of the game. 

unless he knew of some speed run skip that was likely unknown at that time, no it's 100% impossible and it should be flagged. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, SnowxSakura said:

It has already been shown that running the game in the RPCS3 emulator that the game will not run until you install the 2.42 update. It will just kick you back to the main menu

30 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

unless he knew of some speed run skip that was likely unknown at that time, no it's 100% impossible and it should be flagged. 

Well if we already have evidence by SnowXSakura and others.

Even if not banned by a first offence, this user definitely needs to hide this game.

Perhaps if Mr TJC_86 would like to defend himself and  explain how it's even possible to play the game and then install the trophies afterwards. Staying suspiciously quiet isn't a good look. Of course there probably isn't a valid explanation at this point.

1 hour ago, BrettyBoy said:

Off topic but your 10th platinum was my 30th.

Are you talking to me? :) Your profile is hidden.

Edited by enaysoft

Honestly can’t see why this was unflagged, I took a 5 second glimpse at the time stamps from OP on dead space and it screams save file usage, the reason I believe it is because of the collectible trophies being the first to unlock OP unlocks 75 and 150 logs first, now on Bioshock the collection and the EU stack save files are shared and in turn using a save file that has the collectibles all collected collecting 1 more unlocks every trophy in relation to the collectibles. Not even gonna say how out of place the chapter time stamps are that’s pretty obvious. Also I mean well done to the OP for remembering such an intricate and complex process they used all the way back in 2009 to “auto pop”, these trophies which can’t be replicated today. Amazing memory or not sounds like it’s just a way to try and get out of this. AFAIK this game didn’t get a trophy patch and launched with trophies so I have no idea what that spiel was about, unless someone can somehow get a barebones PS3 and prove OP’ statements.

Edited by SzzMN
  • Like 3