Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

3 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

I asked the same thing also in my previous posts, but if you check the original post, OP claims he finished first playthrough with no trophy support, and in his second playthrough he gets it. How it is a mystery: PS3 error code, game update, trophy de-sync, account issues, etc. whatever, but based on this when this 'switch' happened he got it both after acquiring his log.

Otherwise, there are not even 100 logs available until chapter 5, so it has to be the second playthrough which fits his story. But again, if he used a save file how would he start at chapter 5 where there is no chapter select in this game?

If you accept the 'switch' everything else fits. That's what I am saying. And it is harder to explain how he cheated due to chapter select.

It's already been stated earlier in the thread by people who attempted to launch dead space on a PS3 emulator using a firmware that didn't have trophies and couldn't run it until the PS3 emulator updated to a firmware with trophies. Even if op's story is true, we still do not, under any circumstances, allow impossible order unlocks such as op's list.

Also I'm 95% sure there isn't chapter select for Dead Space unless it was patched in. 

Edited by Rick_Sanchez

2 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

regardless if there's more than one game cheated, this one game, that no one can remotely explain the trophy order as of yet, is 100% cheated.

But he did explain it, it's just that ya'll don't believe it. :lol: Which is fair, because the evidence shown doesn't really put him in the best of light. To me, this is just a unique case simply because his first ever earned trophies are strange autopops, and that's the only game. Cheaters tend to do more than one.

"Yep, I got my new PS3! Well, time for me to hack some Dead Space!" (<- Which is a possible scenario mind you but my God)

• Like 3

Just now, Starlighthed211 said:

But he did explain it, it's just that ya'll don't believe it. :lol: Which is fair, because the evidence shown doesn't really put him in the best of light. To me, this is just a unique case simply because his first ever earned trophies are strange autopops, and that's the only game. Cheaters tend to do more than one.

"Yep, I got my new PS3! Well, time for me to hack some Dead Space!" (<- Which is a possible scenario mind you but my God)

We don't believe it because it's literally impossible. Even if it was true, the trophy unlock order is impossible and 100% should remain flagged.

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

*snip*

I don’t have some personal vendetta against OP or anything, but I am going off of what I see with my own eyes.

What I think you’re not fully understanding is that it is very possible to make progress up until the end of chapter 4 (as OP did), and not sync any trophies earned so far. Then, they take that save file and jump profiles or re-download the save after that account was deleted. Also mentioned before in this thread: Dead Space’s saves aren’t profile locked apparently, so that might also give them the freedom to re-download the save in any situation. 

They can easily start playing from where they left off and start earning trophies from chapters 5 onwards—as they did—but no trophies from the previous chapters will be unlocked bc they technically haven’t been earned yet. This isn’t rocket science. I highly doubt OP did this intentionally, it was many years ago, but going off of the site’s flag rules alone….this particular list would remain flagged. I don’t know why CFW keeps getting mentioned when this particular list could probably be recreated through the steps mentioned above. CRT dropped the ball on this one. 

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

I don’t have some personal vendetta against OP or anything, but I am going off of what I see with my own eyes.

What I think you’re not fully understanding is that it is very possible to make progress up until the end of chapter 4 (as OP did), and not sync any trophies earned so far. Then, they take that save file and jump profiles or re-download the save after that account was deleted. Also mentioned before in this thread: Dead Space’s saves aren’t profile locked apparently, so that might also give them the freedom to re-download the save in any situation. 

They can easily start playing from where they left off and start earning trophies from chapters 5 onwards—as they did—but no trophies from the previous chapters will be unlocked bc they technically haven’t been earned yet. This isn’t rocket science. I highly doubt OP did this intentionally, it was many years ago, but going off of the site’s flag rules alone….this particular list would remain flagged. I don’t know why CFW keeps getting mentioned when this particular list could probably be recreated through the steps mentioned above. CRT dropped the ball on this one. 

I have only mentioned the possibility for a CFW job. I don't believe it is, however regardless if op's story is true or not, this list is a flaggable offense and shouldn't remain on the leaderboard. 

• Like 1

after reading through 8 pages it makes the most sense that OP started the game, got to chapter 4, and used his own save file to continue the game on the same/another ps3 AFTER creating a psn account

nothing nefarious at all about this, except that according to the leaderboard rules here, u can't use your save file on another console unless you sync your trophies first

also remember that dead space launch with trophies. there is no way to play dead space without trophies. if his console wasn't connected to the internet he would have had MISSING TIMESTAMPS on his profile. which he doesn't

I don't think OP used cfw or anything like that. but I do believe he should remain flagged, primarily because of my bolded sentence above

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Starlighthed211 said:

One more thing I'll like to add...it's just odd, that the person in question's first EVER trophy to be earned is a cheated one (if he has cheated) and after DS, hasn't cheated since (unless proven).

One possibility is that they were messing with saves because in that moment was easy to do and without using third party software or whatever, unlocked trophies, knew that the time stamps looks shady af and they decided to never do it again (at the beginning a lot of us were pretty clueless about how trophies work, timestamps and similar...)... I would have changed for a fresh account since it was the first game with trophies, but maybe was a long time account, a lot of friends added, games bought and didnt want to change, so they leave it...

When I started trophy hunting some friends told me about getting fast plats with saves like socom or fuel, I just didnt want to do it, but if I should have taken the offer it never crossed my mind that all the trophies would have popped at the same time and the timestamps would flag me because I didn't knew anything about how this works, so surely I would have taken the decision of starting again or continue with it and praying for no one to find my mistake... So, no, I don't think that just cheating one game, even the first one is unusual, for me that just shows that they aren't shameless cheaters, just made a mistake for messing with saves.

• Like 1

On 03/07/2022 at 0:14 PM, Suminya said:

Also, just for the record, I tried launching Dead Space on RPCS3 with the highest pre-2.40 firmware installed that I was able to find (2.36). The game actually boots just fine (to my surprise), but throws up an error the moment it tries to install the trophies and won't let you proceed any further.

Hide contents

KoNrh7y.png

62RZdcF.png

So even if you could bypass the firmware check on an actual PS3, the missing trophy system renders Dead Space pretty much unplayable.

Everyone is referring to this post 

Very useful information, but I think it would be good to try with OP game version, from Europe.

15 minutes ago, MonaSaxPayne said:

after reading through 8 pages it makes the most sense that OP started the game, got to chapter 4, and used his own save file to continue the game on the same/another ps3 AFTER creating a psn account

nothing nefarious at all about this, except that according to the leaderboard rules here, u can't use your save file on another console unless you sync your trophies first

also remember that dead space launch with trophies. there is no way to play dead space without trophies. if his console wasn't connected to the internet he would have had MISSING TIMESTAMPS on his profile. which he doesn't

I don't think OP used cfw or anything like that. but I do believe he should remain flagged, primarily because of my bolded sentence above

On what I understood it seems he used a save from a another account from the same console, it's a little different detail from your bolded sentence.

25 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

(Expanding on the logging-in-at-chapter-5 point) It would, in theory, be possible to hop profiles or what have you and just continue on from the start of Chapter 5, yes. However, that is not what the OP claimed they did. (Though I’ll not be surprised if they decide to claim that now, since their story has “evolved” several times incorporating suggestions and outs put forth by people in this thread.) It’s also incredibly unlikely to have already had enough kills with the assorted weapons, uses of abilities, have hit more-than-500-but-less-than-1000 dismemberments and spent almost-but-not-quite 200k credits, then be able to tip all of them over in a few minutes.

Now, in theory, the OP could have beaten the game (off-profile) 100%, started NG+, gotten to Chapter 5, then switched, sure. But that runs directly counter to their original statement; they claimed to have completed the game, then went back to do it again specifically for the trophies. So, they started it for the trophies, made it to Chapter 5, then said to themselves “self, I’m not earning trophies because I didn’t sign in, better do that!” then signed in, continued from Chapter 5 and “autopopped” some - but not all - of the trophies they had “already completed” in that original save, then went back for cleanup? Does not compute.

I agree with you; the list should have been flagged. Something is very obviously hinky, here, and no explanation has been offered that does not suggest that rules were broken. What I also find odd is the OPs insistence on keeping the list as part of their profile; as others have mentioned, Dead Space isn’t a particularly rare or noteworthy trophy list, and removing it is unlikely to significantly impact the OP’s standing on the leaderboards… they were given an easy out by just hiding it in the first place; why not take it? I’m not in a position to talk, I suppose; my own list is clean with the exception of Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, where a known glitch triggered the unlocking of the Hadrian’s Wall trophy well before you’re supposed to… but if it became an issue and the requested response was to remove the list from my profile, I’m not going to sit and fight about it, let alone tell a constantly mutating story to explain it.

2 minutes ago, DeepEyes7 said:

It seems they try with it too as this messages points...

Yeah I saw the post, but didn't get it. It was tested ok the emulator and generated the same, or similar, error?

Sorry, it wasn't clear for me .

Just now, LRL-Terrorzwerg said:

For me it's easy. 

Hide or flag.... 

Not for me though, if I was sure I didn't do anything wrong I would fight for it until the end. And the game Bridge already glitched with me and I could get trophies without the correct order, but I decided to not beat the game and start over. So it's not really easy, you must see all aspects and not go blindly on what a computer generates. A cheater always leaves marks and you don't want to blame innocents on the way.

2 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

[…][ if I was sure I didn't do anything wrong I would fight for it until the end. […]

Would your fight to the end contain numerous factual inaccuracies and an “explanation” that keeps shifting to incorporate new possible “outs” only after they are suggested by others, though? At least in my mind, it’s not just the trophies being bizarre that raises a red flag.

It seems like the flag was lifted and thrown here for the OP to be picked apart.  Personally , the dispute should of been closed , OP informed it was being looked into and then came back with a definitive answer of flag to remain or lifted.

I can see CRT are monitoring the status to see if anything comes to light but as it’s half truths on both sides (We can’t see what CRT see’s) and CRT (Not having full knowledge of the game/ PS3 Firmware etc) leaves too many questions unanswered for a definitive answer. Should be decided by CRT by unanimous decision until concrete evidence proves otherwise either way but for now they should explain why the flag was lifted (Within limitations of not giving away anything that would help anyone cover tracks) to quell this riot….

Edited by amurnin100
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

Yeah I saw the post, but didn't get it. It was tested ok the emulator and generated the same, or similar, error?

Sorry, it wasn't clear for me .

It's ok I'll try to clear it up for the bles game. I checked out the param.sfo file, the required ofw to play it was 02.4200 if you are on any firmware lower than that you'll just get an error and not be able to play, I hope that makes more sense >.<. 

Edited by Mizztec
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Ashande said:

Would your fight to the end contain numerous factual inaccuracies and an “explanation” that keeps shifting to incorporate new possible “outs” only after they are suggested by others, though? At least in my mind, it’s not just the trophies being bizarre that raises a red flag.

I knew a post like this would appear. I'm not defending OP. Yes if I was sure I didn't nothing wrong I would fight. Wouldn't you?

1 minute ago, Mizztec said:

It's ok I'll try to clear it up for the bles game. I checked out the param.sfo file, the required ofw to play it was 02.4200 if you are on any firmware lower than that you'll just get an error I hope that makes more sense >.<. 

If that’s the case, this proves the game had trophy support when OP played the game, right? That means based on the timestamps, it was a case of re-downloading a save from a previously used account with un-synced trophies. Flaggable offense. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, amurnin100 said:

It seems like the flag was lifted and thrown here for the OP to be picked apart.  Personally , the dispute should of been closed , OP informed it was being looked into and then came back with a definitive answer of flag to remain or lifted.

I can see CRT are monitoring the status to see if anything comes to light but as it’s half truths on both sides (We can’t see what CRT see’s) and CRT (Not having full knowledge of the game/ PS3 Firmware etc) leaves too many questions unanswered for a definitive answer. Should be decided by CRT by unanimous decision until concrete evidence proves otherwise either way.

I disagree, discussion is good. A lot of information was reveiled here.

But I don't think the flag should have been lifted before more information.

After reading all posts, it seems a save file manipulation was done.

1 minute ago, HoorayForTyler said:

If that’s the case, this proves the game had trophy support when OP played the game, right? That means based on the timestamps, it was a case of re-downloading a save from a previously used account with un-synced trophies. Flaggable offense. 

I with you in this. The strongest theory in my view.

• Like 1

Just now, CobraMJD said:

I disagree, discussion is good. A lot of information was reveiled here.

But I don't think the flag should have been lifted before more information.

After reading all posts, it seems a save file manipulation was done.

I’m going to go with no opinion here , I’m not that much of an expert but i do believe CRT should intervene and give a brief explanation :)

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, CobraMJD said:

I knew a post like this would appear. I'm not defending OP. Yes if I was sure I didn't nothing wrong I would fight. Wouldn't you?

If I incorrectly interpreted it as defending the OP, then mea culpa; your phrasing, when in a topic about this specific situation, came off with the interpretation that the OP is doing the right thing by fighting this.

To answer your question: depends. As I noted above, I’ve got a pair of hinky trophies (“Is There Anybody Out There” and “Calling in a Favor” from Assassin’s Creed: Valhalla, both caused by a known and common glitch; flag away if you like) that I know I did nothing wrong to cause other than playing a buggy game at launch… but if it came to a case of “delete these or else,” then my course of action would be a simple “Post in the dispute topic, once, stating ‘These are known to be glitched, as evidenced by [insert the dozens of forum posts talking about it], but if it’s an issue, I understand’ and await whatever judgment comes, fielding questions as they come up. IE: Follow the established protocol for a dispute.

That is not, however, what the OP did. They created a second, separate topic, crafted a story that makes no sense and is full of inaccuracies (if interpreted under the kindest light), then continually altered that story as evidence came forward refuting each point. Which, in my opinion, doesn’t fall under “fighting when you did nothing wrong” and comes instead under “lie your ass off until you get your way.” But that’s just my interpretation.

Edited by Ashande
Punctuation fix

12 hours ago, Tirmata said:

[*snip*]

Let's assume the thing happened on 2nd playthrough is legit, and he has '150 logs' from the previous playthrough. Also the fact that at 2009 why and how someone can cheat? I found Game Genie launched on 2012, were there other tools before that? Or was sharing a save file something known back then? I don't see any motive and that's why try to understand the case but let's forget about this for now.

[*snap*]

Back in the days (Gameboy days etc) there was this thing called XPloder. They have a video on youtube dated all the way back to 2008 where they advertise about their online cheat savegame database for ps3 games to get access to hidden levels, weapon unlocks etc. with "new games added daily". It is definitely possible that such a tool was in use, especially given it being more popular back then.