Removed from leaderboards because of auto pop trophies

TJC_86

4 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

It seems there is a glitch for that mentioned in the guide. And there are also in-game cheats, not sure how they work, but it can be legit as per leaderboard rules.

But now I realized, how come 150 logs pops before chapter 5, it seems the max you can get is less than 100?

That glitch you’re referring to can only be performed after reaching the end of chapter 11, something OP never did yet. And I didn’t even catch the trophy for 150 logs…this doesn’t look good. 

18 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

It seems there is a glitch for that mentioned in the guide. And there are also in-game cheats, not sure how they work, but it can be legit as per leaderboard rules.

But now I realized, how come 150 logs pops before chapter 5, it seems the max you can get is less than 100?

Yes, there are ingame cheats, however those are one time use per playthrough, and they net you around 18k credits and 7 power nodes (you need around 150 nodes for the trophy). That is per campaign run. The earliest mention of the peng duplication glitch I could find was from 2010, a whole year after he unlocked the trophy, so it is unlikely that he used that one.

Also, if he used the money duplication glitch (which btw is possible in chapter 11, not 4)  to get enough money to just buy enough nodes, he would've unlocked the big spender trophy earlier, as you have to pay 10k per node (according to the guide), which means you get big spender after 20 nodes. Which is assuming you didn't buy anything else, like the 54k needed to buy all the weapons he has to have bought in the shop in order to unlock the "get every gun" trophy.

It is more reasonable to assume that he got the last weapon at chapter 4 (which is doable) and then used something like game genie (that has a cheat for max nodes) to fully level up everything.

Edit:
Of course, this also completely ignores the small detail (which OP keeps handily ignoring), that playing the game without trophy support is just not possible.

Edited by Dekaku
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

If this was me creating the thread and me talking I would have at least two to five people who already hate me talk down to me.

Give it time dude, I'm sure they'll get around to you eventually.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

As stated already in this thread, you couldn’t have played the game offline without a firmware update/trophy support already installed. So you had to have earned the trophies already. 

You either re-downloaded a previous save without syncing trophies on your console or you switched consoles without syncing trophies. Not doubting you had to start a new playthrough to get the missing dismemberment trophies, but it doesn’t change the fact that your trophy list is all over the place. 

Yeah It's definitely all over the place. I'm just trying to work it out. I think I had the trophy firmware installed but played through offline first, so the trophies popped on my system but not my account. I was mid way through my second offline playthrough when I signed in and started earning the trophies on my account. Collectible trophies and some others autopopped on my account because the game recognised I had already done the requirements offline. I think that's what happened. 

9 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

Yeah It's definitely all over the place. I'm just trying to work it out. I think I had the trophy firmware installed but played through offline first, so the trophies popped on my system but not my account. I was mid way through my second offline playthrough when I signed in and started earning the trophies on my account. Collectible trophies and some others autopopped on my account because the game recognised I had already done the requirements offline. I think that's what happened. 

Being offline would show your trophy timestamps as Missing Timestamps only if you’ve never connected to PSN on that console. Once you’ve connected to PSN even one time on that console, being offline has zero impact on trophy timestamps. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TJC_86 said:

When you say offline, I assume you mean without having any account registered to your profile, but that would simply just sync the trophies you earned to your account after signing in. They would have registered correctly in the right order. Your timestamps imply you transferred your save data to an entirely new profile or console without ever syncing.

It’s understandable that because this happened so long ago, that the details might be a little fuzzy, but just based on everything you’ve mentioned here and going off of the timestamps I'm seeing, it’s going to stay flagged. The site’s flag rules don’t give a pass on this. Although I will take back what I said about not being able to earned ‘Max Out’ early, as there is a node dupe glitch in chapter 2(?), the 150 logs trophy popping as early as you have it just isn’t possible. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

When you say offline, I assume you mean without having any account registered to your profile, but that would simply just sync the trophies you earned to your account after signing in. They would have registered correctly in the right order. Your timestamps imply you transferred your save data to an entirely new profile or console without ever syncing.

It’s understandable that because this happened so long ago, that the details might be a little fuzzy, but just based on everything you’ve mentioned here and going off of the timestamps I'm seeing, it’s going to stay flagged. The site’s flag rules don’t give a pass on this. Although I will take back what I said about not being able to earned ‘Max Out’ early, as there is a node dupe glitch in chapter 2(?), the 150 logs trophy popping as early as you have it just isn’t possible. 

I definitely remember the collectible trophies autopopped when I picked up one more collectible because I already found them on another playthrough. 

8 minutes ago, HoorayForTyler said:

Although I will take back what I said about not being able to earned ‘Max Out’ early, as there is a node dupe glitch in chapter 2(?),

Great find. There apparently is an ign article called "Walkthrough: Dead Space Item duplication exploit" posted on IGN on the 29th of april, one day before he unlocked the trophies, making it feasible that he saw the article and then used the item duplication glitch to get the funds needed.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Datboy1991 said:

If this was an autopop on a PS4 to PS5 title, nobody would bat an eye. I love this website

Yes. Imagine that. Something that is built into the game, working as intended, and not against the rules not causing an uproar. Except, of course, when it does. Go look at any thread regarding PS4/5 autopops, then tell me again that no one would bat an eye. Regardless, still irrelevant to the discussion at hand; the OP’s trophy list is fishy AF, to put it mildly, and the way the story continues to mutate only makes it look worse.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ashande said:

Something that is built into the game, working as intended, and not against the rules not causing an uproar.

Thats overly reductionist and just incorrect. 

Save transfers from one profile to another are specifically against the rules. 

9 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

Thats overly reductionist and just incorrect. 

Save transfers from one profile to another are specifically against the rules. 

My comment had nothing to do with save files being transferred; it was in reference to @Datboy1991’s remarks about PS4/5 auto pops.

2 hours ago, DaivRules said:

Being offline would show your trophy timestamps as Missing Timestamps only if you’ve never connected to PSN on that console. Once you’ve connected to PSN even one time on that console, being offline has zero impact on trophy timestamps. 

Not entirely...

Just having a browse at my old profile, my first trophy was in 2008 for Super Stardust HD, it has a time stamp obviously. My first plat was inFamous which launched in 2009 and it has no time stamps at all. Then there’s LBP, I have a time a missing time stamp for completing the 1st area, a time stamp for completing the 2nd, then missing time stamps for the next 5 areas. ?

1 hour ago, Kcrack_Km said:

Not entirely...

Just having a browse at my old profile, my first trophy was in 2008 for Super Stardust HD, it has a time stamp obviously. My first plat was inFamous which launched in 2009 and it has no time stamps at all. Then there’s LBP, I have a time a missing time stamp for completing the 1st area, a time stamp for completing the 2nd, then missing time stamps for the next 5 areas. 1f914.png

Bad CR2032 in your console? Reformat your console? Hard drive swap? There’s plenty of ways to get the PS3 console to de-sync it’s clock from PSN, but it’s irrelevant to the subject as then the trophies of this thread would have Missing Timestamps, not what we ended up with here. 

Just want to debug the OP's story timeline for everyone's reference. 

1st playthrough - No trophy support, nothing

2nd playthrough - Until Chapter 4 no trophy support, then something happens on Chapter 4 (PS3 error code, previous trophies de-sync, console restart, etc. etc. whatever) and starts to earn trophies

3rd playthrough - With Plasma Cutter only

4rd playthrough - Hard mode

Let's assume the thing happened on 2nd playthrough is legit, and he has '150 logs' from the previous playthrough. Also the fact that at 2009 why and how someone can cheat? I found Game Genie launched on 2012, were there other tools before that? Or was sharing a save file something known back then? I don't see any motive and that's why try to understand the case but let's forget about this for now.

The main issue is about the dismember trophies. How come when 1000 pops, the others not? I never seen something like this before. I don't think OP had 'exactly' 1000 dismember that time, so it should be something like 1254 which popped 1000 trophy after 1, but not the 500 and 20. However, this issue seems like the game's issue. Why would OP want to remove 500 and 20 trophies (and how?). So, if someone kindly test a platinum save on an emulator or something to see and confirm how dismember trophies are working, it could help to solve the case.

Also, the fact that he got 20 & 500 dismember trophy only on his 4th playthrough is very weird. Again, is it about the game that blocks out you? Maybe he had to delete his save and start from scratch. Maybe he had exactly 1000 on 2nd playthrough and the game requires you to have the exact number for trophy, which would explain both.

16 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

Just want to debug the OP's story timeline for everyone's reference. 

1st playthrough - No trophy support, nothing

2nd playthrough - Until Chapter 4 no trophy support, then something happens on Chapter 4 (PS3 error code, previous trophies de-sync, console restart, etc. etc. whatever) and starts to earn trophies

3rd playthrough - With Plasma Cutter only

4rd playthrough - Hard mode

Let's assume the thing happened on 2nd playthrough is legit, and he has '150 logs' from the previous playthrough. Also the fact that at 2009 why and how someone can cheat? I found Game Genie launched on 2012, were there other tools before that? Or was sharing a save file something known back then? I don't see any motive and that's why try to understand the case but let's forget about this for now.

The main issue is about the dismember trophies. How come when 1000 pops, the others not? I never seen something like this before. I don't think OP had 'exactly' 1000 dismember that time, so it should be something like 1254 which popped 1000 trophy after 1, but not the 500 and 20. However, this issue seems like the game's issue. Why would OP want to remove 500 and 20 trophies (and how?). So, if someone kindly test a platinum save on an emulator or something to see and confirm how dismember trophies are working, it could help to solve the case.

Also, the fact that he got 20 & 500 dismember trophy only on his 4th playthrough is very weird. Again, is it about the game that blocks out you? Maybe he had to delete his save and start from scratch. Maybe he had exactly 1000 on 2nd playthrough and the game requires you to have the exact number for trophy, which would explain both.

To respond to the why and how someone would cheat.

Why? There does not need to be a motive or a why. OP might have not cared about the trophies back then, but still used an online save file with no bad intentions. It’s still a flag.

How? People were jail breaking their consoles back in those days, downloading full games. No issues to get a save file. 

Edited by SkippiesBar

14 minutes ago, Tirmata said:

Maybe he had exactly 1000 on 2nd playthrough and the game requires you to have the exact number for trophy, which would explain both.

I'm assuming Dead Space only scans the save data for the 1000 limb trophy when the in-game limb counter reaches exactly 1000, scanning the data for every limb after 1000 would make the game run too slow to be a realistic option. This would explain why the 20 and 500 didn't pop alongside the trophy for 1000 limbs, and would require a new playthrough (not a NG+) with a fresh start (like OP did for beating Impossible difficulty).

But, there's a fairly large mountain of evidence against OP's claim. This one is probably gonna stay flagged unless someone can recreate the scenario and film the whole thing.

On 03/07/2022 at 4:17 AM, Rick_Sanchez said:

Back in the day when you purchased a game that needed a future firmware you were able to update the firmware from the disk. I didn't have Internet on my PS3 back in the day and it's how I have missing timestamps on my first handful of trophies. 

This happened when I bought Uncharted 1, had to install the firmware and game for trophies to be implanted, online at the time was not required..